legendary division impossible to hit by most

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I understand the idea of seasonal rewards, but as it stands, legendary division is impossible to hit by those who are bound by real life commitmemts. Namely college and work.

Even if we were good enough to hit legendary given unlimited time, we simply dont have enough time to grind through 6 divisions in 2 months time before the season resets.

Could the devs please do something about this next season? Like either decrease the number of pips required or increase the duration of each season. Or even better, both.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

I get the feeling that the season length was designed to tie into the ESL schedule (hence the part of that which is having guilds able to vie for spots), but seven or eight weeks really is too short for meaningful progression by all except the most hardcore of players.

Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

But what’s sad is even the most hardcore of players still resort to exploit, minimizing the chances for others to progress… well at least in NA.

The top teams in EU not quite the a**hole* as their NA counterparts.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

finals and work. rip.

[SA]

in PvP

Posted by: Nila.7813

Nila.7813

People are already legendary, if you’re good enough you will get there.

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

lol

in PvP

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

I dont think even high end players or the 24/7 glued to GW2 will reach legendary
They will just keep winning and losing among themselves lol

Won one oh cool here’s 1 pip, oh you lost okay i will take away 4 pip now
This will just cycle

in PvP

Ghedoriah.4290

I dont think even high end players or the 24/7 glued to GW2 will reach legendary
They will just keep winning and losing among themselves lol

Won one oh cool here’s 1 pip, oh you lost okay i will take away 4 pip now
This will just cycle

The thought’s there, but practically they will make it. I saw someone on the second day (four days ago now) who was in Ruby and saw someone last night who was in Diamond. As for how many regular players will make it, who knows, probably not many. And unless there is a massive upward filtering like ANet are predicting, I can’t see it being possible in yoloq.

Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Unfortunately I do not have the time nor team to farm solo q-ers as a premade and also I’m not part of team pz and mist initiative so I can’t dodge queues or trade wins.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Ghedoriah.4290

Unfortunately I do not have the time nor team to farm solo q-ers as a premade and also I’m not part of team pz and mist initiative so I can’t dodge queues or trade wins.

That was unfortunately just a fairly obvious troll. You can check how many players are in Legendary and the individual leaderboard for it in the PvP tab in-game.

Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

That was unfortunately just a fairly obvious troll. You can check how many players are in Legendary and the individual leaderboard for it in the PvP tab in-game.

This OP soloQ’s. I know because I ended up teaming w/ his ele a few times. I’d say he knows what he’s doing.

The person he responded to wrote a guide about reaching ruby etc etc. His advice was to form a 5 man Q. Little does he know that his low MMR aside from farming soloQers had everything to do with his progress – and not about “being good enough” (which to me means not-so-good)

This broken game doesn’t award being good on its own

(edited by trytonianYeti.4389)

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Last 4 matches..all against premades vs full soloq. They knew it will be happening and they let it do cus someone up there is simply ret….

Hope some new mmo come out in 2016 and ill dish gw2 for good if they wont fire people responsible for it.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

This OP soloQ’s. I know because I ended up teaming w/ his ele a few times. I’d say he knows what he’s doing.

The person he responded to wrote a guide about reaching ruby etc etc. His advice was to form a 5 man Q. Little does he know that his low MMR aside from farming soloQers had everything to do with his progress – and not about “being good enough” (which to me means not-so-good)

This broken game doesn’t award being good on its own

Thank you. Unfortunately, this game, unlike other competitive games like dota 2, does not allow you to gain an advantage by being more skilled than your opponents (dominating mid and steamrolling your hero with levels and items as an example), nor does it allow you to keep your division indefinitely (like mmr, but with decay).

Simply put, while the mmr system works perfectly fine for solo q-ers in other games (if you are good enough you will be wherever you are supposed to be eventually), the same does not apply here. There is no incentive to queue solo.

That in itself is a design flaw imo.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

What about the people that are good enough but do not have the time?

in PvP

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I’m pretty sure most people aren’t supposed to make it to legendary. But this guy has a good point:

What about the people that are good enough but do not have the time?

Achieving legendary shouldn’t be restricted by your time, at least not as heavily as it is now.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Agreed. I made a thread about this not too long ago. The season is too short for most people to make significant progress.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

In general legendary division should be only for few players. Or It’s a nosense call it “legendary” division

The issue is premade vs soloers nerf too much the solo experience and is too frustrating going in solo the majority of the time.

I think Legendary is not the issue, the issue will be to go after Ruby if you’re solo, I really think is almost impossible to cross Ruby in solo or if you don’t have a really solid premade.