let's get fired up for hotjoin pvp!

in PvP

Posted by: Pants.6453

Pants.6453

i’ve done my fair share of pvp in hotjoin, and there’s a startling trend i’ve been noticing recently. players have started discussing the more intricate aspects of the classes in GW2. variations of “dude, ur a [insert”flavorofthemonth"spec/class], if ud play a real class like [insert"underrated"spec/class] id totally take you down 1v1" are frequent. failed attempts at strategic game-play, i.e., capturing nodes and junk, are also occurring more often. there’s even been times where someone has attempted to help or give instructions to new players.

now this topic is not meant to be about which spec/class can 1v1 the best (it’s mace/shield bunker warrior btw). i’m here to remind all of you of one important thing. hotjoin is not about strategy, or 1v1, or knowing your class. its about friendship. it’s about a group of kick awesome dudes fighting each other, but never where it’s actually useful. it’s about running around blindly spamming all of your buttons (use your elite skill first, always.) it’s about that high you get when you 6v1 that weird ranger who is always guarding the far point, and you earthshaker their bird right outta the sky because man, is that thing annoying, and then quickness stomp them in the face. it’s about blowing “save yourselves” when no one is around because you just wanna see those sweet boons pop up. mmm, those boons are tasty. it’s about letting that bunker engineer kill you where you stand while you get your hot pocket out of the microwave because if you don’t it’ll get all congealed on the inside and no one wants to eat that. it’s about making sure that stupid stupid BS thief knows that he’s actually a terrible player, he just chose to play the easiest class, who cares if he’s actively killing you while you type furious whispers to him, your opinions must be heard. it’s about dodge rolling as much as the game will allow you to. but most of all, it’s about teamwork.

so the next time you’re at the keep with four of your teammates, don’t stay behind to defend the point while they get to go have all the fun. you’re playing a bunker spec to stay alive, not to stand in one place. and when you see that elementalist going for the ruins, just let him take it. no one likes fighting underwater, and those sharks are super annoying. but above all else, stick with your team. remember, there’s no i in team, and there sure ain’t one in zerg either.

(edited by Pants.6453)

in PvP

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

I always like hotjoins where the players actually say stuff in chat, even if it’s “l2p nub”, “2222222 thief” jajaajaja. Always amusing but also shows some players caring about learning their class more. I hate silent games where it seems people don’t give a kitten at all.

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

in PvP

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I always like hotjoins where the players actually say stuff in chat, even if it’s “l2p nub”, “2222222 thief” jajaajaja. Always amusing but also shows some players caring about learning their class more. I hate silent games where it seems people don’t give a kitten at all.

I have to say it – I absolutely love your tagline! I got a good laugh from it

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in PvP

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

I actually lol’d. That was freaking hilarious, especially the engi bunker part hahaha. +1

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

lol I love saying 222222222222222222222222222 everytime I kill a thief that was trying to HS me to death. Always makes them so mad and focus me as hard as they can for the rest of the match, always good fun.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Akumetsu.8591

Akumetsu.8591

dank i play thief main but keep doing this until they learn they cannot hs spam people to death anymore <3

One hope, One dream, One Dagger Thief
K U R A Enguard [ENG], Pretty Princess Squad [MEN]

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

+1 … loved it … especially the ranger-part
Sometimes, when it is extremely bad, I find the highest spot with the best view and then just watch what people do … it is really hilarious at times. The lack of coordination is at times baffling.

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

When I play hotjoin I always use it as practice for when the enemy team, in a tournament, loads in 3 extra players due to some freak glitch and for some reason all want to zerg me at mid. I think it’s fairly safe to say if this were to ever happen, I’d have so much practice in it that they wouldn’t stand a chance!

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

I always troll as much as possible in hot join (Rg Three, Tech Fall, Sprawl in game). The best is when glass thief or HB warriors or DD eles start complaining about how stupid mesmers are.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Visionary.5681

Visionary.5681

I like spvp games where there are people just generally; mocking each other, the class they play, the spec they play it in and their choice of kittening-asura-expletive-etc. This is funny to watch.

I dislike it when someone doesnt understand the fun of it all and decides that the correct reply to ‘222222222222thief’ is a racial slur or personally derrogatory statement.

Proper kills it.