log on to gw2, what do you do?

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

If you only pvp there is literally nothing to do when you log on outside of the worst solo que to ever exist. This doesn’t have anything to do with balance, lack of rewards, or lack of new builds/skills/ect.

Solo que - Great, que up right when you log on right? Nope.

• Conquest is the worst possible mode for solo que because not only does it amplify the selfish nature of conquest due to uncoordinated splitting but you rely on FOUR whole other people to have game sense. Just having 1 person afk part of the game, or being generally clueless / keyboard turner makes it a blow out game.
  • Standard features make those issues I listed above have no filtering. There is no ready up, there is no alert system, the matchmaking throws rank 50 people together with unranked players – but what can you do? It’s already 10-15 minute ques for those high ranked.

Team que - ESPORTS RIGHT? who cares about fun?

• Great, another 5v5 format for the only two modes in the game. Yeah, let me log on and spend an hour gathering up 4 other people who are competent, have a good class spread, can get on team speak, don’t have to leave after 2-3 games, don’t have at least SOMEONE go afk between every game, developing synergy with these 4 people… and expecting them to be on at least a few times a week to play.

Even if that were an enjoyable thing to do, that still only means you get to play a few times a week and can’t just have fun within 15 minutes of logging on. Oh just get a huge friends list of decent people and start spam inviting?

“okay who wants to play mid bunk.. nobody.. okay”
" who wants to play side point… nobody… alright"
" what kind of team synergy are we going for? nobody cares? k"
" wait we have no poison on our team, oh alright lets just stomp bad team for a few games"

it’s just not worth it. 5v5 format, between good friends, is something that you can coordinate once – twice a week. Usually you meet those people playing OTHER FORMATS to develop your synergy with them.

hot join - completely pointless

• there is literally no point to this mode. It is not even a good medium to test new builds. It does not encourage even winning because it will swap you almost every game. There is no incentive to do anything outside of zerg with a group mashing your buttons. I honestly can not see an ounce of fun for even 2 minutes playing hot join, even with my friends.

custom arena = so close but so far

• There are too few options for custom arenas. Sure, people can set up private tournaments now. There are also a few dueling servers because anet can’t even make one public duel server themselves. It’s sad that even the duel servers wouldn’t work without monitoring. You don’t have enough power to create any meaningful different game modes or even alter the current conquest in any meaningful way. The best you can do is get 10-16 people all on team speak, in different channels, explain to them some honor system based obscure rules.. and hope after 2 hours of organizing you can test it ONCE before someone has to go.

Most people I know spend 98% of their time online chatting in duel servers. There is literally nothing to do. Even if you DO try to be competitive in the current formats through great pain – there’s still no way of anyone caring or noticing unless they go search through the leader boards for your name.

Peace

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

It’s a shame, all the right stuff is in place for some awesome pvp [aside from new modes] it just didn’t take off in the right way. Like custom servers, people only use them for either 1v1s or dueling their friends privately, I was expecting waves of 3v3s, deathmatches, timed rush matches, anything that would take away the necessity for stacking cheese builds and encourage diversity by changing up the goal. It just didn’t happen.

in PvP

dejay.2598

It’s a shame, all the right stuff is in place for some awesome pvp [aside from new modes] it just didn’t take off in the right way. Like custom servers, people only use them for either 1v1s or dueling their friends privately, I was expecting waves of 3v3s, deathmatches, timed rush matches, anything that would take away the necessity for stacking cheese builds and encourage diversity by changing up the goal. It just didn’t happen.

People have tried but there aren’t enough options in place to sustain it without around the clock monitoring.

in PvP

Posted by: Omar Little.2347

Omar Little.2347

I don’t log lol

in PvP

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

You can do the living story!

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Solo queue is the worst possible?

So a more enjoyable game mode would place every player and give the win to the team that quits last?

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

dejay.2598

Solo queue is the worst possible?

So a more enjoyable game mode would place every player and give the win to the team that quits last?

you obviously didn’t read the whole post

in PvP

Posted by: degoking.1482

degoking.1482

Pretty much agree with most of this. My biggest issue is yes this stuff is coming but a lot of this shoulda been in the game from at least 6 months after release. It is missing a lot of pvp 101 things that u would think woulda been implemented already. More detailed way to read your stats test builds and see accurate numbers pretty much a real combat log. Duels sounds simple and u may say well hey u can join a server, but that’s not the point every mmo has duels us pvper’s love dueling while waiting for a que sounds simple right, not for them they totally disregarded this as an important thing to implement. Now on the positive side i am excited and i do believe there will be a lot of good changes coming. And the devs i know care for this game so it will be great the question is when. I just hope they don’t do there usually 1 step forward 2 steps back thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

sPvP has its flaws and they can definitely be game-breaking but overall it’s still a lot of fun

in PvP

Posted by: Ormus Black.5134

Ormus Black.5134

If they would just implement a 2v2 arena with titles and awards for high rank, this game would probably get really good pretty quick!

But being as most people aren’t good they will complain that it gives people to much kitten and would create a hierarchy among the players.

So we are stuck with this highly competitive 5v5 team Q or solo Q which isn’t going to ever take off as a esport let alone a +200 viewer twitch cause of the obvious problems that you mentioned.

Its pretty good how the only time I have ever seen over 800 + viewers was with the 2v2 tourney that was a few weeks ago.

in PvP

dejay.2598

sPvP has its flaws and they can definitely be game-breaking but overall it’s still a lot of fun

what do you actually do though? sit in solo que all day void of friends?

in PvP

dejay.2598

If they would just implement a 2v2 arena with titles and awards for high rank, this game would probably get really good pretty quick!

But being as most people aren’t good they will complain that it gives people to much kitten and would create a hierarchy among the players.

So we are stuck with this highly competitive 5v5 team Q or solo Q which isn’t going to ever take off as a esport let alone a +200 viewer twitch cause of the obvious problems that you mentioned.

Its pretty good how the only time I have ever seen over 800 + viewers was with the 2v2 tourney that was a few weeks ago.

people have been begging for 2v2/3v3 or deathmatch in general since release. They said it would split the player base up too much. Well, now there isn’t a player base left.

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

You must be new here.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

… I was expecting waves of 3v3s, deathmatches, timed rush matches, anything that would take away the necessity for stacking cheese builds and encourage diversity by changing up the goal. It just didn’t happen.

so was i

there are just too few functions in custom arena to make them really customizable. as they are now its just some sort of ‘private-hotjoin’ – not more.

i did suggest some extra functions a few months ago, which could deliver a huge amount of new player based modes (turn on/off areas/cappoints/mobs etc).
some functions which i expected to be in at release of custom arenas as they announced them.
sadly anets vision of custom arenas doesnt seem to fit those ideas, because i never got a response.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

playing soloQ. Have a lot of fun.

Sorry guys.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

look at the population in wvw, see there is noone on, check TP, go spvp till a boss spawns, kill the boss, back to spvp. yawn and wait for the game to become interesting..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Keg Brawl

Where the e-sport is truely at!

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Keg Brawl

Where the e-sport is truely at!

Allot more fun and BALANCED than sPvP.

Back on topic, I’ve playing a different MMO for the last 3 month. I do log in from time to time to chat with my guild mates and do a couple of hotjoins just to see if I still have it.

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

I play hotjoins, pvp just to pvp. Sometimes I don’t even cap nodes and just day dream about what this game could have been like with a death match.