lol @ at the queue times

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Why would anyone play this game? The queue times are insane. I just played a few games after barely playing for 18 months and not at all for 6 months. Guess what I observed:

I have to queue for 8-10 minutes even at the lowest league level. Pretty funny really. And this is at prime time. On EU which is busier than NA I suspect.

Really, I am sure the game is doing amazing and PvP is growing.. I am sure Anet.

lol

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

O and solo queue for legends is 30-50 minutes apparently.

lol gg

PvP is growing.

BTW, also great change instantly making every rank 80 a year or so ago. Who needs progression in MMOs right?

Very well played

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why would anyone play this game? The queue times are insane. I just played a few games after barely playing for 18 months and not at all for 6 months. Guess what I observed:

I have to queue for 8-10 minutes even at the lowest league level. Pretty funny really. And this is at prime time. On EU which is busier than NA I suspect.

Really, I am sure the game is doing amazing and PvP is growing.. I am sure Anet.

lol

I’m sapphire, almost ruby, and my queue times are 3 mins maximum and thats outside of prime time.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I never have queue problems (as a diamond) , +-3 minutes solo or group in most cases never more then 5 minutes, regardless on what time of the day I play. Very good times.

EverythingOP

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Ruby here and times are about 2 – 5 minutes. No problem with that.

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wow. The matchmaking team has been able to pull off a rare feat. Long queues AND bad matchups at the same time.

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Wow. The matchmaking team has been able to pull off a rare feat. Long queues AND bad matchups at the same time.

This is because the players are causing this to happen.

Bad matchmaking and long queues are caused by high league players forming teams with low league players. This removes the low-league players from low-league queue and the high-league players from high-league queue.

The end result? Everyone playing is matched up against the Sapphire/Ruby tiers since 4 Diamond + 1 Amber = Sapphire/Ruby tier apparently.

Thus, super low queue times in the sapphire/ruby tiers and super high queue times in the amber/emerald and diamond/legendary tiers. If players stopped trying to game the system, queue times would be normal at the low and high leagues, and matchmaking wouldn’t be so terrible and random.

Anet needs to disable grouping with anyone that is a different league than you. Parties should be forced to all be the same league tier in order to queue.

At the moment, the problem is self perpetuating since once a group/player gets to a high-league tier, there’s no one to play against since all the other players are too busy exploiting (lowering their MMR), and so you’re left with high-queue times. The solution? Join in with the MMR abuse so you can play and keep matchmaking and queue times broken. The system WILL NOT fix itself.

(edited by Kharr.5746)

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Queue times actually have been acceptable for me the past week or so. I’m solo queueing as a Legendary and during the day I wait no more than 15 minutes usual. However, this largely has to do with the time of day and what players are on. If I try to solo queue at off hours the queues are +30 minutes.

None of this would really bother me if we could queue outside the Mists (beating a dead horse here).

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Bad matchmaking and long queues are caused by high league players forming teams with low league players. This removes the low-league players from low-league queue and the high-league players from high-league queue.

The end result? Everyone playing is matched up against the Sapphire/Ruby tiers since 4 Diamond + 1 Amber = Sapphire/Ruby tier apparently.

Thus, super low queue times in the sapphire/ruby tiers and super high queue times in the amber/emerald and diamond/legendary tiers. If players stopped trying to game the system, queue times would be normal at the low and high leagues, and matchmaking wouldn’t be so terrible and random.

Anet needs to disable grouping with anyone that is a different league than you. Parties should be forced to all be the same league tier in order to queue.

At the moment, the problem is self perpetuating since once a group/player gets to a high-league tier, there’s no one to play against since all the other players are too busy exploiting (lowering their MMR), and so you’re left with high-queue times. The solution? Join in with the MMR abuse so you can play and keep matchmaking and queue times broken. The system WILL NOT fix itself.

Nah this would suck. Terrible solution.

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Every moba I’ve seen doesn’t allow people of different rank to play ranked with each other because it’d defeat the purpose of ranked. How on earth would this be a bad suggestion?

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Every moba I’ve seen doesn’t allow people of different rank to play ranked with each other because it’d defeat the purpose of ranked. How on earth would this be a bad suggestion?

Because rank has currently no meaning. I’m a rank higher then my friend and I’m pretty sure we’re on a similar skill level and I might be talking positively about myself.

EverythingOP

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Diamond here. I don’t have queue problems because I never play against people in my division. :^)

lol @ at the queue times

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Disagree with the solution. A better solution is that you can queue with anyone you want, although the MMR for the party takes on the MMR of the highest ranked player. So for example if a legend queues with an amber, they would both be considered legends from an MMR standpoint.