lost every placement, yay!

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

i main ele, get my butt handed to me bc none of my teammates focus targets, they cant dodge of out aoe and hit like feathers. So its been a great run so far
at this point im trolling with a p/p thief and still losing matches, but getting top stats each time, i just want ascneded tickets, its not about the pretty medal anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Ele got hit pretty badly with the recent patch. Every Ranked game I’ve been in so far with an ele in it had the loss sway to the ele (Plat)

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

like ppl told me you are probably bad ele. if you cant heal your team or support them its your fault. kidding

i also play support rev and lost due to afk, ppl not playing hard or playing lik its hotjoin AA not dodging not reading chat, not doing any rotation and moving 4 ppl to mid.

it force you to play something else.

i change to support ele and i got better result

i started to play with friend and i started to win cause the random effect got smaller.

i decided to just enjoy it and try my best. that’s all you can do.

in PvP

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

As a person who was actively aiming for (but failed to do) this, what kind of placement did you get? ’o.O

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Ask people you were playing with for their rating. Would be good to know the rating to see against which tier you are up against.

Also, my experience with ele is the exact opposite. Healer ele is pretty strong if you know how to use it :>

in PvP

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

The elementalists are tired of being healbots, myself include. It is frustating to see your teammates doing nothing, and blame to you if they die.

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Support ele is still very strong. If you play support ele and can’t win matches, try something easier.

Any other ele puts your team at a disadvantage. If you play non-support ele, switch to any build that is appropriate for the meta.

If you’re losing matches with p/p thief, it’s because you’re playing a garbage p/p thief. Switch to something better.

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Elem is amazing if you duo, don’t play it alone tho.

in PvP

Chasind.3128

like ppl told me you are probably bad ele. if you cant heal your team or support them its your fault. kidding

i also play support rev and lost due to afk, ppl not playing hard or playing lik its hotjoin AA not dodging not reading chat, not doing any rotation and moving 4 ppl to mid.

it force you to play something else.

i change to support ele and i got better result

i started to play with friend and i started to win cause the random effect got smaller.

i decided to just enjoy it and try my best. that’s all you can do.

You’re exactly right, I’ve played ele since the 1st day of gw2 (i didnt play it much in gw1) So, I’ve seen the good bad & ugly with ele. I was one of the top eles in my server at one point & would train other eles for pvp & wvw (i came from devonas rest so being the best doesnt mean much tbh) I’m probably out of practice but I also pug alot in spvp so any team based fights where I try to help crashes and burns half of the time.

in PvP

Chasind.3128

As a person who was actively aiming for (but failed to do) this, what kind of placement did you get? ’o.O

I got low gold, atm I’m mid gold after 4? matches idr; it wasnt many because I switched to warrior.

in PvP

Chasind.3128

Support ele is still very strong. If you play support ele and can’t win matches, try something easier.

Any other ele puts your team at a disadvantage. If you play non-support ele, switch to any build that is appropriate for the meta.

If you’re losing matches with p/p thief, it’s because you’re playing a garbage p/p thief. Switch to something better.

The thing is, I’ve mained ele since launch. Ele was my baby, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I dont feel your pain :P
Lost 4 (and goiing to loose even more … aimming for the rewards) so see in you in bronze ! :P
/high five !

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

I find not playing this season and watching others gets frustrating to be both sad and amusing. Until I find a reliable duo partner I think I’ll stay away from playing this season, it’s too much of a wild gamble on solo.
My goal is to play games with at least low presence of something that is called "balance". There will always be blowouts and underwhelming situations, I just wish that there would be fewer of them.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

The thing is, I’ve mained ele since launch. Ele was my baby, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong anymore.

Hi! I’m new to PvP and just did my first ranked placement with an ele (d/d, W/E/T, non-auramancer). I won 6/10 of my placement matches and was placed into gold 1. I’m not sure how good/bad that is, but I’m hearing that’s pretty average? I guess I can’t complain about that for a first attempt.

Just a thought. If you can’t rely on your team, maybe you’d be better off playing something off-meta with better personal survival and a bit of offense to apply some pressure yourself without having to rely on teammates as much?

Auras are great team support and healing, but if you’re just by yourself in outnumbered fights because your teammates can’t stay alive even with support, why not drop some auras and beef up your defenses with more selfish utilities? You could perhaps make it easier on your team if you’re able to tie up 2 or more enemy players for a time without dying. It works for me…sometimes!

in PvP

Chasind.3128

Hi! I’m new to PvP and just did my first ranked placement with an ele (d/d, W/E/T, non-auramancer). I won 6/10 of my placement matches and was placed into gold 1. I’m not sure how good/bad that is, but I’m hearing that’s pretty average? I guess I can’t complain about that for a first attempt.

Just a thought. If you can’t rely on your team, maybe you’d be better off playing something off-meta with better personal survival and a bit of offense to apply some pressure yourself without having to rely on teammates as much?

Auras are great team support and healing, but if you’re just by yourself in outnumbered fights because your teammates can’t stay alive even with support, why not drop some auras and beef up your defenses with more selfish utilities? You could perhaps make it easier on your team if you’re able to tie up 2 or more enemy players for a time without dying. It works for me…sometimes!

I don’t know if I made it clear in the 1st post (I’m not trying to sound anal or anything so please don’t take it that way!)
I’ve mained ele since GW2 launch. I’ve been that godly ele up until this season. Maybe it’s because I’m out of practice? Not sure. Each game I decide to play my tempest, I get steamrolled. I can have top stats but it makes no difference.
So, I know how to play ele; I’m just having a case of wtfisgoingon xD

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I don’t know if I made it clear in the 1st post (I’m not trying to sound anal or anything so please don’t take it that way!)
I’ve mained ele since GW2 launch. I’ve been that godly ele up until this season. Maybe it’s because I’m out of practice? Not sure. Each game I decide to play my tempest, I get steamrolled. I can have top stats but it makes no difference.

He’s not claiming you don’t know ele, I had to do the same thing on my Druid/ranger, my team was so busy eating paint chips I ended up switching to an extremely selfish bunker build, walking onto far or mid and just pulling as many people from the enemy team as possible and trying to weather the storm to turn the rest of the game into a 4v3 or lower in the hopes the idiots I was pared with could figure it out when they’ve got an advantage.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Chasind.3128

He’s not claiming you don’t know ele, I had to do the same thing on my Druid/ranger, my team was so busy eating paint chips I ended up switching to an extremely selfish bunker build, walking onto far or mid and just pulling as many people from the enemy team as possible and trying to weather the storm to turn the rest of the game into a 4v3 or lower in the hopes the idiots I was pared with could figure it out when they’ve got an advantage.

I actually switched to a d/d condi-ish ele & i love it. I have much better results but my teams are squirreling jerks who won’t cap. That’s what makes me lose. Support tempest will get out CCd, support tempest will get out anythng if your team is incompetent.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Support ele isnt that terrible as long as the other team doesn’t have a good necro

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: HamHat.5201

HamHat.5201

matchmaking is a joke this season. Not sure what changes Anet made, but seriously laughable. I was in gold and got teammates who were obviously in bronze, didn’t know rotations, or their class.

in PvP

Chasind.3128

matchmaking is a joke this season. Not sure what changes Anet made, but seriously laughable. I was in gold and got teammates who were obviously in bronze, didn’t know rotations, or their class.

Idk, I was much higher rank the last 2 seasons. I’m stuck in silver now & I gain as much as I lose.

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

There are plenty bad players ranked above bronze. I did my placements with what seemed to be mostly platinum from last season (at least based on their self-praise), and it’s like most of them just now stepped into pvp for the backpack, like no clue when to rotate, defend, engage, etc. Throwing leads, ignoring suggestions, ignoring targets. Most players are just bad, and MMR doesn’t work accurately to determine which division people belong in cos MM is pretty much a crapshoot and has been all along.

(edited by kin korn karn.9023)

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I’ve been asking questions about my class role and proper rotation here on the forums to try and learn the ropes. Yet I placed in gold my first attempt at ranked PvP. I don’t think you need to be an experienced PvPer to reach that tier. I’m probably pretty good for a newb, but I definitely don’t understand all of the nuances of my class role or rotations. Maybe I will end up in bronze? But for now, I’m gold.

in PvP

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Ask people you were playing with for their rating. Would be good to know the rating to see against which tier you are up against.

Also, my experience with ele is the exact opposite. Healer ele is pretty strong if you know how to use it :>

Healer is strong UNLESS you’re spammed with a full condi team.

in PvP

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

What I don’t get is why can’t ppl be forced to be rank 80 in pvp in order to do ranked. it means they at least have a grasp of things.
But no- ANET wants noobs and idiots who think they know best to run the show while real PvPers give up or find teams that steam roll the people Anet wants in PvP and then they go cry about it and then here comes a nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

they didn’t change anything, less and less people play BECAUSE Anet didn’t address the glaring issues for 3 seasons now so MM has less choice of who to throw into match

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I actually switched to a d/d condi-ish ele & i love it. I have much better results but my teams are squirreling jerks who won’t cap. That’s what makes me lose. Support tempest will get out CCd, support tempest will get out anythng if your team is incompetent.

I feel your pain, it literally just comes down to praying you don’t have a kittenty team, but GW2s matchmaking doesn’t seem to ever work very well sadly, and it ends up just being like 1-2 good players per team trying to herd the idiots on their team to a victory.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Just want to jump in here and say.

What if non of the actually skilled players, are even playing GW2’s Ranked leagues now?

Would that not mean that, the player base that is currently for the most part. Are bad players who can not or will not figure out how to PvP, or just players afking their matches for rewards, or gold from someone else.

There is seriously a lot of glaring issues with GW2’s Ranked PvP atm. That just chases away, a lot of actually good legit no cheating PvPers from this game. Aside from the balance issues.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Chasind.3128

What if non of the actually skilled players, are even playing GW2’s Ranked leagues now?

Would that not mean that, the player base that is currently for the most part. Are bad players who can not or will not figure out how to PvP, or just players afking their matches for rewards, or gold from someone else.

There is seriously a lot of glaring issues with GW2’s Ranked PvP atm. That just chases away, a lot of actually good legit no cheating PvPers from this game. Aside from the balance issues.

I’ve contemplated something like this before, it’s a good point

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I don’t think that’s necessarily a problem as long as new players are attracted and retained long enough to learn game mechanics.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I’d actually say that balance is the main reason skilled PvPers leave the game. Since we have had the same meta for 2 years, it’s getting kinda boring. Think about it, skilled pvpers are usually players, who have played the game for some time and playing all that time the same builds isn’t really fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Gamble.4580

Gamble.4580

I will give you some tips to make your ele play better. I duo allot with one and we win allot of games. First u are squishy and a good teams first target so don’t rush in thinking u fine and will have time to think. 2 never be the one to bunker and afk a point unless it’s the winning move for the game. 3 always be the one moving and roaming u have a role of mobility support in a sense so u should try to be in every fight that matters so never sit still. 4 I f u feel the fight is a loss unless u really need the point for a win leave Leave before the wipe and annoy somewhere else never let them fully wipe the team because once they do that they have control of whole map and will have time to think how to out rotate to u all. Go far or something let some follow so they don’t play 3 points and give your team sometime to think where best to focus. I see so much Poeple just staying in a fight until it’s a full wipe. Early in a game that should never happen.

[UNTY] Unity guild -AG server
Asura -Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

i main ele, get my butt handed to me bc none of my teammates focus targets, they cant dodge of out aoe and hit like feathers. So its been a great run so far
at this point im trolling with a p/p thief and still losing matches, but getting top stats each time, i just want ascneded tickets, its not about the pretty medal anymore.

Solo Queueing as ele isn’t optimal because you can’t actively communicate when you use your skills in certain situations, I.e. using earth 5 to stomp when a mesmers got it, spraying out heals but your necros in shroud, or rev/thief tping around. Ele performs better in a coordinated duo, or premade team in unranked. You do barely any damage and your sustain got hammered, in 1v1s you are cooked or stalemate. Your only role is support and utility.

I am an ele main and still believe its viable, although not alone in a soloQ This season I am duoing with an excellent condi necro, and in coms together we coordinate things really well and win almost every fight. Placed somewhere in high platinum. You need a trustworthy team or partner to make it work, otherwise queue as a engi, ranger, mesmer or thief in soloQ.

Also on the subject of your 10 games, some timezones work better than others, and you can avoid good players who keep ending up on the opposite team and kicking your ass by waiting for them to go in a match. If you’re having a bad time like 3 losses in a row, just stop and have a break, and come back later.

The placement isn’t impossible to escape, you can slowly climb up from wherever it puts you if the game’s MMR thinks you deserve it.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Chasind.3128

Solo Queueing as ele isn’t optimal because you can’t actively communicate when you use your skills in certain situations, I.e. using earth 5 to stomp when a mesmers got it, spraying out heals but your necros in shroud, or rev/thief tping around. Ele performs better in a coordinated duo, or premade team in unranked. You do barely any damage and your sustain got hammered, in 1v1s you are cooked or stalemate. Your only role is support and utility.

I am an ele main and still believe its viable, although not alone in a soloQ This season I am duoing with an excellent condi necro, and in coms together we coordinate things really well and win almost every fight. Placed somewhere in high platinum. You need a trustworthy team or partner to make it work, otherwise queue as a engi, ranger, mesmer or thief in soloQ.

Also on the subject of your 10 games, some timezones work better than others, and you can avoid good players who keep ending up on the opposite team and kicking your ass by waiting for them to go in a match. If you’re having a bad time like 3 losses in a row, just stop and have a break, and come back later.

The placement isn’t impossible to escape, you can slowly climb up from wherever it puts you if the game’s MMR thinks you deserve it.

Yeah :/ I worked my way into mid gold actually but now am on a losing streak, my partner had played her guard which she’s phenomenal at but then decided to switch to her mesmer which she’s out of practice with so I’ve lost 16 games in a row (some without her) & I’m down back to silver. I’ve honestly given up- I’ve taken 5-15 minute breaks and even a few hour breaks and I still lose. I don’t know who I’ve kittened off but it was someone.

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Don’t think I’ve ever had issues with placements. For me all the bs comes after. Started last season going 9-1 in placements to be placed in high gold. Fought some hard matches to get into low plat and then stayed there for a bit only to be smacked with a 20 game loss streak, 2 wins, and another 10 loss streak. I just stopped playing because it wasn’t worth it so decay kicked in and I finished low silver because I lacked any motivation to play.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

The elementalists are tired of being healbots, myself include. It is frustating to see your teammates doing nothing, and blame to you if they die.

This. Support specs are only as good as the players being supported. If the specs were powerful enough to keep anyone alive under all forms of pressure, then blame could be put onto the supporter, but that’s not how support specs work. They’re meant to assist allies in staying alive, but they can only go so far. They’re not designed to carry. If a player being supported sits still and takes all the damage or runs away from the support, that’s their own kitten fault! And so many times I see players running into outnumbered fights because they think their ally can heal through 2+ players going all out.