lower target priority of pets/clones

in PvP

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

without fail if i am fighting a thief/ranger/mesmer and they stealth the auto target will bend the rules of time and space to find the nearest pet or clone its ridiculous.

i was just fighting 4 people in khylo and when the mesmer i was after stealthed it ignored everyone near me and decided the ranger pet behind the wall was the most important thing to go for sort it out.

you can tell me to manually target all you want but clicking on someone who is dodging and runnng around wastes time, nearest target is usually a clone or pet. tab targeting suffers from the same as auto target pets before people

this is not the first time this has occured.. it is very frequent if not guaranteed

(edited by unlucky.9285)

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

I guess you are unlucky….

In all seriousness though, I agree that targeting in GW2 needs streamlining.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

but but, what about the poor Mesmer’s who haven’t realized the handicap we’ve all had while fighting against them?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

unlucky.9285

what do you guys do to stop this? how do you get around it its driving me away from gw2 =C.

playing mesmer at the moment and seeing people suffering the same thing i do when they see me, pop stealth blink and precede to watch them attack every clone i have summoned wasting skills or stand there trying to target me only to have me drop out and waste a skill on a clone or start fighting the ranger pet attacking them.

unless you are a warrior player who none of this applies to thanks to epic aoe cleave and stuns and fire……… etc etc because warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Marciolegal.3461

Marciolegal.3461

Solution: Google combat mode gw2

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

playing mesmer at the moment and seeing people suffering the same thing i do when they see me, pop stealth blink and precede to watch them attack every clone i have summoned wasting skills or stand there trying to target me only to have me drop out and waste a skill on a clone or start fighting the ranger pet attacking them.

This never happens except for the bottom tier of players…
The average PvPer can figure it out it under a second.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

what do you guys do to stop this? how do you get around it its driving me away from gw2 =C.

unless you are a warrior player who none of this applies to thanks to epic aoe cleave and stuns and fire……… etc etc because warrior

The only reason Warrior run with AOE is because of you!

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Why do you still have auto targeting on? That right there is your prpblem, not being able to identify the proper target on your own and relying on internal targeting algorithms when you just want to press 22222222 is not how you should be playing lol

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in PvP

unlucky.9285

usually for that precious moment when a thief is actually vulnerable and not stealthed or dodging allowing me to get an instant hit on them instead of hmm where is he =C… pop backstab stealth oh there he i…. wait.. not every class can just cleave and aoe all the time.

and what difference does it make if i have it on or off? i still need to click the mesmer who hides under the clones/other people so i click them instead.

tab atrgeting will still cycle through all the npc’s before it gets to my enemy and nearest target is usually always an npc, so explain to me why having auto on will make a difference please

in PvP

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

This never happens except for the bottom tier of players…
The average PvPer can figure it out it under a second.

Unless they’re killing the clones on purpose to prevent shatter/dps…

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in PvP

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

. not every class can just cleave and aoe all the time.

and what difference does it make if i have it on or off? i still need to click the mesmer who hides under the clones/other people so i click them instead.

tab atrgeting will still cycle through all the npc’s before it gets to my enemy and nearest target is usually always an npc, so explain to me why having auto on will make a difference please

literally everyone can auto attack at any time they choose. While you may not have your cleaving weapons equipped, everyone has access to cleaving skills.

When you learn how your opponent plays or how their class works, you can begin to predict patterns of moments and use your experience in fightin them to make educated guesses as to where they will be when they use stealth. Has your opponent been constantly dodging a certain direction? Chances are when they stealth, they will still go that direction. Typical opponents retreat in 4 directions, so you have a 25% chance of being correct where you decide to attack. Good players however will use the z axis with their stealth/teleports to avoid your attacks.

just because the opponent is no longer visible does not mean that the opponent is no longer there. Keep attacking.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I would love to see an option where I don’t target AI with tab targeting. If I want to target AI, I would manually click them myself.

Players move around a lot. AI don’t move around as much.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I would love to see an option where I don’t target AI with tab targeting. If I want to target AI, I would manually click them myself.

There is an option that will target players first, then tab target to minions, unless no players are in target range/sight.

the Next Enemy keybind does this.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

There is an option that will target players first, then tab target to minions, unless no players are in target range/sight.

Wrong. That is not anywhere close that I asked for.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Wrong. That is not anywhere close that I asked for.

That is because what you asked for simply doesn’t exist, and never will. That is the closest thing to it though.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]