matchmaking is kidding again

in PvP

Posted by: Red Dave.3904

Red Dave.3904

that mm isnt working well how it should, we know, like u r solo and got premade against (if u wanna do it like this way, so u will have to make a voice chat in the game) but how the f*** is possible that I was solo and I got in my team a player with 36 pvp rank ???!! Ive got almost 6K ranked games played and I dont really think that guys is on the same playing level ! will u ever do something with this or it will be testing and testing season all the time ??

in PvP

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Im at like 94% 55 points and met, and beat the number 1 ranked on EU.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Remember leaderboard rank doesn’t equal skill. Matchmaking believes everything comes out equal with MMR which is why a high MMR can be matched with a low MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

i dont have a problem with the premade thing cause it doesnt mean there good. I do have a problem with putting really good players with really poor players.

For instance today i had a thief whos build was all over the place, he tried fighting 1 vs 1 at mid and lost it and when he came to help me and a turret engy at far i realized he did no dmg. He was also the downed when we had the 3 vs 2 advantage.

Another example is i was in a match yesterday where me a ranger and thief took mid in a 3 vs 1 i told them to help home and they didnt. They sat at mid with me and when the zerg from far came they targeted them first, they didnt move to the corners or place them themselves in a good spot. They both died immediately, they both told me they didnt need my help and i replied i didnt say you needed my help. I said you play poorly in a 5 vs 5 setting. So we ended up losing far,mid and home was lost in the 1 vs 1 which is fine. I never blame people for losing a fight but i hate when people who dont understand there role/strength in a team fight/ weakness in a team fight which is what people with low mmr are.

For me that is far more infuriating, its like have wilt chamberlain and shaq oneal battling at the center position with high school kids surrounding them in a playoff game.

in PvP

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Remember leaderboard rank doesn’t equal skill. Matchmaking believes everything comes out equal with MMR which is why a high MMR can be matched with a low MMR.

Leaderboard should resemble skill, and it clearly does not.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think everyone knows that matchmaking is a joke at this point. I never thought I’d miss the old system, but at least I’d get better matches then.

in PvP

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

OK, I think there’s something borked with the matchmaking. I think it uses the leaderboard points to match players, which is good, but the problem is, the distribution is borked. Case for example, my previous match:

Team 1
A – 209
B – 4
C – 5
D – 2
E – 16
total LB points: 236

Team 2
A – 29
B – 84
C – 3
D – 87
E – 0
total LB points: 203

Don’t just add leaderboard points and average them. Take into consideration the range differences between the players in the team. While LB points might not be an accurate indicator of an individual’s mechanical skill for a certain job class, I consider LB points as “PvP experience points”, experience with team fights and the overall mechanics of PvP games. Please take into consideration the ranked arena experience ranges of the players.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

OK, I think there’s something borked with the matchmaking. I think it uses the leaderboard points to match players, which is good, but the problem is, the distribution is borked. Case for example, my previous match:

Team 1
A – 209
B – 4
C – 5
D – 2
E – 16
total LB points: 236

Team 2
A – 29
B – 84
C – 3
D – 87
E – 0
total LB points: 203

Don’t just add leaderboard points and average them. Take into consideration the range differences between the players in the team. While LB points might not be an accurate indicator of an individual’s mechanical skill for a certain job class, I consider LB points as “PvP experience points”, experience with team fights and the overall mechanics of PvP games. Please take into consideration the ranked arena experience ranges of the players.

Lol, leaderboard points has nothing to do with MMR nor skill.

in PvP

HaxTester.9816

I still maintain there is something wrong with the averaging system the matchmaking algorithm is using. In fact it should not be averaging in the first place. It should be ranging. Averaging is a bad way of determining the balance of player experience.

“Well, I hope that player with zero leaderboard points plays like a monster, they say LB points ain’t an indicator of battle experience… nope, he followed the two of us in home and stayed there with the other guy.” -.-

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I still maintain there is something wrong with the averaging system the matchmaking algorithm is using. In fact it should not be averaging in the first place. It should be ranging. Averaging is a bad way of determining the balance of player experience.

“Well, I hope that player with zero leaderboard points plays like a monster, they say LB points ain’t an indicator of battle experience… nope, he followed the two of us in home and stayed there with the other guy.” -.-

No, they’re not. They’re the indicator of grind. The fact someone plays a lot means basically nothing. The fact someone doesn’t play ranked doesn’t mean he’s more or less skilled than someone who does, because it doesn’t corelate with skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Ye, matchmaking STILL remains a big problem.

I thought it was bad in EU but honestly, I played pvp in NA on my other account with some fellas last night and NA matchmaking is even worse. Constantly had blow-out matches. (200-300points difference minimum!)

Best of all, it was at NA primetime. So matchmaking should go easier due the more population being available..

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

HaxTester.9816

No, they’re not. They’re the indicator of grind. The fact someone plays a lot means basically nothing. The fact someone doesn’t play ranked doesn’t mean he’s more or less skilled than someone who does, because it doesn’t corelate with skill.

Didn’t you read what I posted. Let me retype it: While LB points might not be an accurate indicator of an individual’s mechanical skill for a certain job class, I consider LB points as “PvP experience points”, experience with team fights and the overall mechanics of PvP games.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Didn’t you read what I posted. Let me retype it: While LB points might not be an accurate indicator of an individual’s mechanical skill for a certain job class, I consider LB points as “PvP experience points”, experience with team fights and the overall mechanics of PvP games.

Well, you shouldn’t. Once they base matchmaking on this kind of leaderboards, they completely break pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

how matchmaking works:
your win rate <= 50% – you get decent matches
your win rate > 50% – you get worst teammates possible vs best opponents possible; the game will keep stacking odds against you untill you drop down to 50% win rate again

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Superform.1067

Superform.1067

match making is not working as it is supposed to simply because it favors pre mades and punishes high level solo players

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

The matchmaking has become so kittening bad, I cannot even put it into words anymore. At this point it doesnt matter whether you que for unranked or ranked, if you’re solo or duo queing you’ll have a bad time because of this ridiculous kittenty matchmaking.

If you’re a decent player or have a decent MMR (apparantly) you’ll get matched up with total scrubs and newbies to even out the average mmr vs a team of 5 mediocre players. I can’t even fathom how ANet could possibly think it would be a good idea to even out matches by matching up experienced players with total newbies. On top of that there are still class dailies that make things even worse as these players are not even playing their main chars and consequently are even more of a burden.

Whilst the old solo/team que system and leaderboards were lackluster and had its flaws, it at least offered incentives to play and had a far better matchmaking system. But what’s the point of playing pvp outside of cups and 5man ques (which has ridiculous waiting times)? There is no kittening reason to que. MM sucks unless you’re queing with 4/5 people, LB are a complete joke, unranked has cancer maps and ranked is filled with LB farmers.

ANet tried to revive PvP and draw more players into PvP with the new matchmaking/post rank change update, but in reality they’ve pretty much killed PvP by putting off dedicated pvp players and promoting casualness

Retired GW2 Player