matchmaking still garbage

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

So I´m on my climb to legend and the game still tries to equalize win chances for both teams, that system is just strictly wrong.

If a pro player is in a low division he should easily win every single game and progress out of it fast. If you don´t like the fact other people have to “suffer” for playing worse, then don’t match pros with noobs.

Just let me play against legend players through direct mmr from the beginning and let me skip all the trash. It´s not fun for anyone having me in saphire games 1v3ing people who dont even use correct build and it’s not fun for me either to win 1v2s and still lose 500-100 cause i get snowballed due to the inability of my teammates just because the game must equalize win chances and finds me the worst players of the division

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

(edited by Blackjack.5621)

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

I agree, pro tip though, if you wait till midway \ end of the season to push to legend its going to be a lot harder if not impossible, you’re going to get stuck with trash the entire way up to legend.

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

I´m not stuck, just annoyed. Feeling forced to duo q and make enemies quit the game is what i have to do, but not good for the game either.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

in PvP

Ninski.5680

Pretty much, but the majority of GW2 pvpers arent very good, only like 0.1% of the pvp population on GW2 has competent players. I dont think the league system is rather healthy for the game anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Just let me play against legend players through direct mmr from the beginning and let me skip all the trash. It´s not fun for anyone having me in saphire games 1v3ing people who dont even use correct build and it’s not fun for me either to win 1v2s and still lose 500-100 cause i get snowballed due to the inability of my teammates just because the game must equalize win chances and finds me the worst players of the division

Some people skipped the entire S4 because of this. Seen it in S1, had enough of it then.
The match outcome volatility (what some people refer to as the 50/50 match making) is caused by the rating spread between the highest and the lowest player being way too high. Having two teams of players rated 8-5-3-1-1 does not make for even games, it’s just a contest of which team’s 1s can throw harder.

In S2 & S3 you could sort of count on having at least semi-conscious players once you hit legend, but in S4 (same as in S1) players of all skill ratings get distributed across all divisions, which means that in legend you’ll still get paired with and against people who are worse than the NPC bots in HotM. Win or lose, there’s zero point in playing games like that.

Anet did the change to make the backpack achievement less skill dependent and allow pretty much everyone to progress divisions by grinding games, seeing as the year of the ascension is drawing to a close. Grouch indicated changes for S5, but if they don’t tighten the rating spread, nothing much will change in terms of match quality.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Ninski.5680

Anet needs to just change the MMR system back to S2\S3, look at how high the legend players are on the leaderboard #1 is 5×. S2 and S3 people were at 10x+. the old MMR system was thriving with much more life.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

The way you describe the MM one would think that it is not set to produce results as close to 50/50 as possible when matching players based on their MMR.
Leaving premades aside,since the mixed queues and leagues can still lead to one sided cake walks.

I don’t get it.
You say you are good players,and then you ask to be carried to Division 6 by the match maker.
I you are as good as you say you are,prove it by winning balanced matches and going against equally skilled teams,not by riding the win streak that the MM gave to your MMR,that only results in your MMR getting better,your opponent’s worse,and even more unbalanced team matching.
Winning fixed matches in PvP is not skilful at all.
It’s easier than running a T4 PvE fractal.
And in the end,if you are so serious about your team mates and your team composition,roll a premade.

This is what seasons 2 and 3 did to the game.
A lot of players got carried to D6,and now that they face the same odds as everyone else yolo queueing,complain about the MM.
And to point out the elephant in the room.
What ever happened to the good old “git good” and “you gotta carry”,that was such a popular answer to any MM related concerns in the previous seasons?
Guess carrying ain’t so much fun when you get to carry the same as the other team.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

Anet needs to just change the MMR system back to S2\S3, look at how high the legend players are on the leaderboard #1 is 5×. S2 and S3 people were at 10x+. the old MMR system was thriving with much more life.

In season 2/3 the MM allowed for shorter queue times in legendary. Making the conclusion that S4 is less active because of how high people progress through legend division isn’t a good one. Queue times get exponentially longer as you go up in legendary divisions. If I’m not on at a certain time of day my ranked queues are 1hour+ at Legendary x3.

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

In season 2/3 the MM allowed for shorter queue times in legendary. Making the conclusion that S4 is less active because of how high people progress through legend division isn’t a good one. Queue times get exponentially longer as you go up in legendary divisions. If I’m not on at a certain time of day my ranked queues are 1hour+ at Legendary x3.

That is more of a population issue.
But unbalanced MM will result in even less interest from players.
I’ve also noticed that the MM does a much better job in matching teams at peak pop hours when compared to off hours.
And I keep seeing the same people in my matches,again and again.
Which can only mean there’s not that many of us playing the Leagues,to begin with.

And there are other reasons like some players even if they push to Legend won’t be able to craft the bp anyway,so why try,and this season there’s no less MMR carrying,so it might be harder for some players to push through.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

The way I am looking at it is get the wings and never set foot in PvP again. The yoyo effect of pips and getting paired with people who have no business playing in your rating (one way or the other) completely ruins any fun or sense of accomplishment.

in PvP

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

u mean noob player who doest play dh every game? and pro who play dh every game?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Not sure I understand. If you’re starting off in a low division, towards the end of a season, there aren’t going to be any elite players that can be matched up with you. They’re likely either in much higher tiers or have finished playing. You’re going to get sapphire level players.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Wait… You are winning 1v2s but are losing 500-100? Let’s just pretend that’s true for a second. You rotate like kitten.

in PvP

Dralor.3701

Thank you for the terrible games, especially on weekends. Continuing to get paired with or against people who don’t understand the basics of rotating or map awareness makes for a truly miserable pvp experience.

in PvP

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I wonder why its so hard for them to spread the classes out between the two teams.

So many games I’ve been in are loaded with one class, while the other team are loaded with others.

Example, tonight Im in a match, one team 3 engies, my team has 2 rangers and 2 eles.

Right now, just got the que, I’m on the team with 3 thieves. I mean really?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in PvP

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

This is happening to me to blackjack. I didn’t have time to play this season..

All the matchs I’m trying to pull 1v2 1v3 to me to get an advantage to my team in other nodes and carry the match, kiting like a god for nothing.

System is putting me with people that cant win fights in advantage.

Subdrop

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

That is more of a population issue.

It has been proven before that it’s not a population issue. You’re getting queued with the same players because yall hit the button at the same time resulting in matchmaking choosing yall first, because it sees yall first.

This current itteration of matchmaking is a 7yo kid who just learned how to tie his shoes. Overwatch’s matchmaking has so many intricate factors that it’s eons ahead of GW2, it’s ridiculous. I’ve been asking for a smarter matchmaking systen since last year :/

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Madman.6912

Madman.6912

Some people skipped the entire S4 because of this. Seen it in S1, had enough of it then.
The match outcome volatility (what some people refer to as the 50/50 match making) is caused by the rating spread between the highest and the lowest player being way too high. Having two teams of players rated 8-5-3-1-1 does not make for even games, it’s just a contest of which team’s 1s can throw harder.

In S2 & S3 you could sort of count on having at least semi-conscious players once you hit legend, but in S4 (same as in S1) players of all skill ratings get distributed across all divisions, which means that in legend you’ll still get paired with and against people who are worse than the NPC bots in HotM. Win or lose, there’s zero point in playing games like that.

Anet did the change to make the backpack achievement less skill dependent and allow pretty much everyone to progress divisions by grinding games, seeing as the year of the ascension is drawing to a close. Grouch indicated changes for S5, but if they don’t tighten the rating spread, nothing much will change in terms of match quality.

I guess it is a matter of perspective, I skipped S3 entirely because how **** S2 was with its matchmaking, where to please some so-called pros the MM just grouped up some no chance team and threw it against a group of more experienced players resulting in terrible games all around…
My only complain to S4 MM currently is the class balance, and that is a huge one on its own, but otherwise it is waaay better than s2… maybe the only thing that’s missing is to add a rule like best player on losing team doesn’t lose a pip, that would fix the OP’s problem, and loads of other players in the same situation… I cant event tell you how many games I played like that topping the scores but losing anyway.

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

just trio qing with 2 other pro league players, getting 20 kills and not dieing yet we lose the game. It really manages to find the two worst possible teammates for us lol . It´s kittening crazy how the game puts the lowest possible mmr people into your group. Why would i even play well when i can just play like trash and the game will match me against worst opponents or puts better players into my group.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

(edited by Blackjack.5621)

in PvP

Dralor.3701

I think a lot of people try as hard as possible to throw games.