Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Probably, yeah.

mercenary needs to go asap

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Why?
Only mesmers and warriors use it – warrior doesn’t seem too strong with it at all and with reference to mesmer it’s not the amulet which is the root of the problem.

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

paladin , marauder, mercenary , cleric …. all the amulets that hurt me have to go away “NOW” !!! (it is the sense of the post … )

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Pvp has so few stat choices it seems like a mini game.

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

I don’t like it either, but I’m not a fan of most 4-stat amulets too, which I believe bring too much on the table. Recently, I’ve found myself reminiscing about the amulet/jewel system. I didn’t play much PvP at the time, so don’t really know about its shortcomings, which prompted ANet to remove it – but I remember I enjoyed it: assemble your stats, knowing that diluting the stats too much would make your build mediocre.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Removing it would lead to the removal of paladin or even marauder (i.e. people using technicalities to get all 4 stats amulet removed) , what Anet ought to do is tweak the Power stat. Mercenary, is pretty much an Hybrid amulet, people get 100% condi output and a bit a power (which shouldn’t be the case).

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Fix the problem…..and no Mercenary Amulet is not the problem.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

But removing mercenary would have a serious impact on most condition (hybrid) builds ;-). It´s the easy way to regulate and amulets are here exactly for that …
Fixing build diversity is way more effort ….
I said it from the first minute i did see mercenary. This one will cause problems ..

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

mercenary amulet is fine.

do not remove.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Your arguments and reasoning are superb, OP. I especially agree with your third and fifth points. If only A-net could read all that effort you put into your opinion.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

What’s wrong with Mercenary? Sometimes I try it for fun on my engi, but it’s by no means OP’d. Problem is no precision so you have to take intelligence if you want that. Paired it with rune of the berzerker, but you end up to glassy in the end.

I doubt issues are with the amulet so much as potential uber synergy with specific classes. What is the actual complaint? Your giving solutions not problem definitions.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Why?
Only mesmers and warriors use it – warrior doesn’t seem too strong with it at all and with reference to mesmer it’s not the amulet which is the root of the problem.

Case in point, Im not using mercenary on my mes, and I usually win 9 out of 10 of my 1v1.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

How about bringing back Soldier? Paladin, precision isn’t worth much without ferocity. Soldier was a good power, vitality, toughness amulet. Or getting rid of Cleric, that amulet gives Elementalists a far more annoying healing ability than the defence Soldier gives to classes.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

How about bringing back Soldier? Paladin, precision isn’t worth much without ferocity. Soldier was a good power, vitality, toughness amulet. Or getting rid of Cleric, that amulet gives Elementalists a far more annoying healing ability than the defence Soldier gives to classes.

extra 50% damage is not much ?

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Amulets are not the problem. Broken class design is.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

ALL toughness+vitality minors MUST BE DELETED.

Theyre just disgusting to play against, ultra OP….pretty much all WvW roaming builds used dire/knights and zergs soldier since its pure math most effective.

Id also remove all 4stat amulets, theyre still waay stronger than the normal counterparts, even marauder. Yes even marauder and then ele/thief/guard are forced into a vitality rune but it help a lot with lowering the powercreep.

Compared to pre 3x traitline builds – the current metabuilds feel like all pros no cons, low vitality used to be a thing, now its 15-20second of invulns and resistance + fullheals from 1 support.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

ALL 4 stat amulets should go, not only mercenary, I agree there.

To the above poster, Dire stats should have never been a thing, it completely ruined WvW roaming forever.

in PvP

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

You’re absolutely right. In fact, A-net should delete all gear that isn’t berserker, in all game modes.

In all seriousness, what do people have against amulets that offer a little bit of durability? I’ve never seen someone impossible to kill because they ran merc, and if they put out too much damage in condis with just the condi damage stat than the problem lies in the output of conditions from individual classes or builds. Options are good, stop trying to take them away and instead tackle the root of the problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Mercenary is in no way op. Even when necro+mercenary was a thing, I found Carrion was working much better for myself. Now I don’t even play a condi-build with my necro.

Amulets are not the problem(except for celestial which really was.. old news, but yeah, I’m glad it’s gone), it’s rather the inhospitable environment for new players.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Well is it really the issue with it having four stats? To be honest when I first saw the celestial amulet i was wondering why the amulet in total gave more stats than other amulets when gw2’s stat system already gives diminishing returns on stacking a single stat – that in itself gives an advantage to spreading allowed stat points over several types.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

all four stats are fine.
all four stats with both 560 vitality and toughness are fine.

the problem lies with the abundance of defensive abilities, not the stats from the amulets.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

all four stats are fine.

the problem lies with the abundance of defensive abilities, not the stats from the amulets.

+1

If you remove vitality and/or toughness stats in amulets we will just be back in the burst meta again where the person who lands his skills first wins. (Welcome back Thieves and other stealth burst classes)

And to the guy who said precision without ferocity is useless. Sorry but you lost a lot of credibility there. So many on crit traits and sigils plus base fereoity gives 150% crit damage so 50% extra damage is useless?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: BertBoy.9031

BertBoy.9031

well u got ur wish fam. anet prob saw this went yeah seems good that requires 0 effort for us and poopoos on mesmer lets do that. congrats you are the newest addition to the balance team.

Bert -Rifle engi till i croak
www.Twitch.tv/gravityily

in PvP

Razor.9872

well u got ur wish fam. anet prob saw this went yeah seems good that requires 0 effort for us and poopoos on mesmer lets do that. congrats you are the newest addition to the balance team.

The balance team did not remove the amulet from PvP. That was the PvP team who did that.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

What I want to know is if it coincidence that they responded so quickly to this post out of all the hundreds of other posts. Unless this post was a set up. I make the suggestion as it seems a little coincidental that a person posts and there is such a quick response. In any case I hope this turn of events was’t pre-planned to appease the community. I remain skeptical but hopeful that this isn’t the case.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Razor.9872

What I want to know is if it coincidence that they responded so quickly to this post out of all the hundreds of other posts. Unless this post was a set up. I make the suggestion as it seems a little coincidental that a person posts and there is such a quick response. In any case I hope this turn of events was’t pre-planned to appease the community. I remain skeptical but hopeful that this isn’t the case.

My apologies, but I am confused. I don’t see any devs responding on this thread?

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

My apologies, but I am confused. I don’t see any devs responding on this thread?

I’m referring to how this title appeared and magically a post comes that they are removing the amulet as another thread. I was simply calling out the strange nature of the coincidence.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Most likely something the PvP team has been looking at for a while. Or we can have the OP start making all the suggestions we want.

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Illuminati confirmed. lighter.2708 can make things happen. I have a neighbor that always complains when I’m doing innocent things like playing music and drumming at 3AM. You know what to do.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I’m referring to how this title appeared and magically a post comes that they are removing the amulet as another thread. I was simply calling out the strange nature of the coincidence.

Mercenary amu was on their watchlist before they introduced it.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

all four stats are fine.

+1

If you remove vitality and/or toughness stats in amulets we will just be back in the burst meta again where the person who lands his skills first wins. (Welcome back Thieves and other stealth burst classes)

And to the guy who said precision without ferocity is useless. Sorry but you lost a lot of credibility there. So many on crit traits and sigils plus base fereoity gives 150% crit damage so 50% extra damage is useless?

I didn’t say useless. Doesn’t Soldier have higher power than Paladin anyway so the DPS would be pretty close? For all that the precission Paladin has offers I’d rather have the extra toughness and vitality Soldier would give.

Mercinary is being deleted now anyway. I’d say Cleric was a bigger problem, or whichever amulet gives that OP healing ability.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Well u got your wish OP.

GG.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Thanks boys, i’m glad it all worked out

in PvP

Posted by: BertBoy.9031

BertBoy.9031

The balance team did not remove the amulet from PvP. That was the PvP team who did that.

im quite sorry captain goody two shoes. i guess i didnt make my point obvious enough. balance team, pvp doesnt matter both are certified products of incestuous breeding

Bert -Rifle engi till i croak
www.Twitch.tv/gravityily

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Why?

Only Mesmers and Warriors? Lol….

More like every class uses it.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Razor.9872

im quite sorry captain goody two shoes. i guess i didnt make my point obvious enough. balance team, pvp doesnt matter both are certified products of incestuous breeding

It’s not that you didn’t make your point obvious, it’s that you stated your point incorrectly. I was simply here to elevate that for you. Also, I didn’t know I was a captain? And doesn’t nearly everyone who owns shoes have two of them?

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

all four stats are fine.

Stop. They are not going to do a balance pass that may affect all game modes. This is how they balance from now on. Get over it already.

And yes, ‘overbudgeted’ amulets need to go. You can’t just balance every single skill on every profession just because a single amulet is allowing builds such as signet necros, condi mesmers or burn zerkers have great damage and great defense at the same time and be the obvious go-to amulet above all others. You go the easy and safest way, just like they did.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

This isn’t the first post asking for removal of Merc amulet. Personally I don’t mind since I use Wanderers anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

This isn’t the first post asking for removal of Merc amulet. Personally I don’t mind since I use Wanderers anyways.

²

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Marius.3185

Marius.3185

Why?

This kind of mentality some people have is just amazing.

It’s amusing how people support anet destroying build diversity and yelling give me more build diversity at the same time. And yes the mercenary amulet needed to go, but this is probably the worst moment to send it away and incredible lazy fix to mesmer (just like moa of course) while killing quite a number of builds that nobody was complaining about.

Future looks bright

(edited by Marius.3185)

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

How quickly people forget…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Upcoming-Changes-to-PvP-Runes-Sigils-Amulets/first

People were already calling Mercenary amulet OP BEFORE it was even released. These last few months just confirmed it.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Why?

Necro is greatly dependant on it, no idea why some use wanderers, it’s so much worse. But Necro doesn’t need a nerf anyways.

I see no reason whatsoever to remove mercs amu.

in PvP

Marius.3185

People were already calling Mercenary amulet OP BEFORE it was even released. These last few months just confirmed it.

What the kitten did it confirm? Can someone explain what did it confirm except that one mesmer build who was considered mostly op because of condi spam, too many ways to mitigate damage, access to excellent mobility and portal plays and moa

in PvP

Vicky.4563

What the kitten did it confirm? Can someone explain what did it confirm except that one mesmer build who was considered mostly op because of condi spam, too many ways to mitigate damage, access to excellent mobility and portal plays and moa

And mesmer will still be viable without it. Just with less power damage.

Also no other condi amulet was used because of how ridiculously strong it was in comparison. And Warriors were only just barely viable because of it. Anet should focus more on balancing traits instead of relying on amulets.

But sure, you want an obviously overtuned amulet instead. Well I guess Anet should start introducing Runes of Perplexity cause that sounds amazing for warriors and mesmers!

in PvP

Marius.3185

And mesmer will still be viable without it. Just with less power damage.

Also no other condi amulet was used because of how ridiculously strong it was in comparison. And Warriors were only just barely viable because of it. Anet should focus more on balancing traits instead of relying on amulets.

But sure, you want an obviously overtuned amulet instead. Well I guess Anet should start introducing Runes of Perplexity cause that sounds amazing for warriors and mesmers!

Do you not see the logic failures in your post?

What the hell means ‘no other condi amulet was used’ when the only classess besides mesmer that were using are in a state of ‘barely viable’?

Don’t get me wrong. I agree mercenary amulet should be removed from the game, but you are putting the cart before the horse (if indeed there’s a chance of that vague balancing ever happening, considering their track record). It should’ve been removed when there’s a clear problem in front of it and you fixed the traits, not now when there’s ONE build that overruses it.

How the kitten do you call an amulet overtuned when there’s one class with one build taking too much advantage of it is just beyond me

in PvP

Vicky.4563

Necros were using it before their chill nerf. Condi hearlds used it after runes of durability were removed. Not to mention every condi class (viable in top-tier play or not) was using that particular amulet as well. It was artificially propping up builds and making you think that there was variety, when there wasn’t.

So yes, mercenary’s was overtuned in comparison with other amulets. It was taken by every single condi class.

You’re moving goalposts and talking about general class balances now. I was only talking about the amulet itself.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Yes, leave only Berserker and let’s have 3 thief/2 revenant “what hit me?” meta. Sustain is OP let’s go back to no counterplay backstabs.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Why?

It’s amusing how people support anet destroying build diversity and yelling give me more build diversity at the same time. And yes the mercenary amulet needed to go, but this is probably the worst moment to send it away and incredible lazy fix to mesmer (just like moa of course) while killing quite a number of builds that nobody was complaining about.

Future looks bright

What mentality?

I support build diversity but just like the Celestial Amulet, Merc Amulet offers way too much. The MOA nerf was needed too.

Before you say something like “just cuz mes countered you” or something stupid like that, I have 4 Mesmers and have played class since beta.

Warrior uses merc, rev does too, guards, some Eles with arcane traits, seen a few evasion thiefs running it too and the trap ranger has been a pain in the kitten especially with a longbow and that vine crap.

The amulet itself is so strong there is no point in using other Amulets which doesn’t promote diversity at all.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Why?

Future looks bright

What mentality?

I support build diversity but just like the Celestial Amulet, Merc Amulet offers way too much. The MOA nerf was needed too.

Before you say something like “just cuz mes countered you” or something stupid like that, I have 4 Mesmers and have played class since beta.

Warrior uses merc, rev does too, guards, some Eles with arcane traits, seen a few evasion thiefs running it too and the trap ranger has been a pain in the kitten especially with a longbow and that vine crap.

The amulet itself is so strong there is no point in using other Amulets which doesn’t promote diversity at all.

Ok but if merchenary had to go , also paladin have to go, and i am a paladin user . It has the same issues of Mercenary …. damage and no risk ….