Posted by: Tellah.8073

Tellah.8073

seriously mesmers are dishing out way too much dps. all it takes is

1 iduelist 2-3k + bleed
1 gs autoattack 3k
1 iberserker 3-5k +cripple
whatever that hammer throwing lameness is1-2k
another autoattack 3k
shatter all them phantasms/clones – who [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] knows im usually too [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] at that time to care 1-3k
mirror image + another shatter 1-3k + confusion
another autoattack 3k

all this in what 5 seconds? all this before i even know what the [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] is going on and [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] trying to find a [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] target but cant cause after all this [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] dps at maximum range… they can still stealth and [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] blink and all manner of stupid [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] and all the while anet wants to play games with my targeting system!

i know this is mainly a hotjoin spvp but holy shiza this is [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] ridiculous

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

1 iduelist 2-3k + bleed
1 gs autoattack 3k
another autoattack 3k
shatter all them phantasms/clones – who [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] knows im usually too [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] at that time to care 1-3k
another autoattack 3k

all this in what 5 seconds? all this before i even know what the [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] is going on and [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] trying to find a [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] target but cant cause after all this [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] dps at maximum range… they can still stealth and [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] blink and all manner of stupid [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] and all the while anet wants to play games with my targeting system!

i know this is mainly a hotjoin spvp but holy shiza this is [expletive deleted by anet forum nazis] ridiculous

i understand, i play a ranger as well my friend.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

On my ele I’ve only killed about 3 bad mesmers
.. never 1v1 but IMO instead of Q.Qing I play that class learn it then beat it just dont have time atm I learned thief and ranger that way….

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: tqhx.2190

tqhx.2190

1 iduelist 2-3k + bleed
1 gs autoattack 3k
another autoattack 3k
another autoattack 3k

Yeah lets mention 15 seconds worth of abilities and say Mesmers can pull it off in 5!!! Just dodge the clone animations and Mesmers are a complete joke.

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

1 iduelist 2-3k + bleed
1 gs autoattack 3k
another autoattack 3k
another autoattack 3k

You forget thast theres a dodge button? Just evade it and they will run or die

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

1 iduelist 2-3k + bleed
1 gs autoattack 3k
another autoattack 3k
another autoattack 3k

You forget thast theres a dodge button? Just evade it and they will run or die

Sometimes logic can’t escape the inevitable. A good player that plays a mesmer will still take down the player with ease just by observing. You kill the clones and still take effect of damage and if you don’t kill the clones you still take damage either way through shatter or being attack by it.

Did I also mention that they have an invulnerable skill called Blurry frenzy that can’t be countered every 2 seconds on a 8second cool down when spec while every other profession have that ability and it happens to be a long cool down for them.

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Agree with OP.
ANet have to do a lot more balance patches to address all the unfair fights we see in PvP. But don’t forget that balance is not easy to achieve. There are skills that give a lot more mobility, escapes, damage than others and is hard to reach balance in every profession. But they are trying and the game is new and has time to improve.

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

So much QQ so little understanding of what actually happened, and so much []

I see you decided to just take all this damage and do nothing about it?..
I suppose you have no dodges, no heals no CC , no invulnerability, no protection, no invisibility and no way to run away?

Yes mesmer can deal damage, Guess what they’re riding the wind by their shorts, the reason they don’t die instantly when you decide to auto attack them is because of a couple of seconds of invulnerability, could you imagine a skill like blurred frenzy without the blurred on a low hp low defense low mitigation character?

Mesmer would be RDPS only.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

aoe nerf will hopefully deal with mind wrack. once that is dealt with, mesmers should be ok.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

^Hahaha, this is so funny. Nerf us to the ground! Thieves and guardians for everyone!

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Darnis.4056

You realise AOE nerf probably means staff Ele?..

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the AoE of mind wrack pretty small? I admit I have a lot of frustration vs Mesmers, but I feel it’s simply a matter of a very skilled player using a Mes can dominate 1v1, and I just haven’t figured out a reliable way to counter them consistently. It’s easy to tell the good ones from the bad ones, but I don’t recommend nerfing them to the ground. Though it does suck running towards a mesmer, muttering to myself ‘please don’t be good, please don’t be good’ like it’s some sort of scared mantra, because you know if it’s a skilled Mes, you’re going to lose. I’m not sure what to recommend actually lol

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Darnis.4056

They were talking in context of PVE+, they were talkin’ bout Staff ele’s (and Maybe wells necros actually) if mind wrack gets nerfed while “we’re going to be buffing single target dpsers” i.e thieves? I’s gon be mad

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: vicious.2193

vicious.2193

/sigh. Close the gap, man. The GS auto-attack’s damage is based on range, if you get inside on them it does almost nothing. Use your dodge button and you’ll avoid 100% of the damage from either the zerker or the duelist (and just about everything else, too).

I don’t know why I keep wasting my time here, people just refuse to look at all their own options and figure out how to deal with something so simple. The reasons Mesmers seem to overpowered to 95% of the people that make threads to nerf them into the ground is because folks go into a fight with a mesmer already believing they’ve lost. You can’t play defensive against a mesmer – you have to be aggressive. Aside from frenzy, they have NO real mitigation – especially if they’re running GS/S+P.

Seriously, it’s not that hard. Learn the class before you start complaining about it. Or, better yet, learn your own.

Do you see the sins you’re making? ‘Cuz I’ve made them all before.

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

You realise AOE nerf probably means staff Ele?..

probably not. likely will cover some or all of d/d ele’s 11 aoe abilities. and dont worry, thieves got it comin as well.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

I think their heal cd too low.
They can use it 2 – 3 times in 1 fight
Increase ether cd to 25

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Wait, you mean the mesmer didn’t even bother to Portal in the rest of his team and throw down Time Warp to finish you off?

Come on, at least make an effort to troll us mesmers….

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

I think their heal cd too low.
They can use it 2 – 3 times in 1 fight
Increase ether cd to 25

I think the heal CD is so low to compensate for it being reliant on the number of clones/phantasms to heal for more.

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

/sigh. Close the gap, man. The GS auto-attack’s damage is based on range, if you get inside on them it does almost nothing. Use your dodge button and you’ll avoid 100% of the damage from either the zerker or the duelist (and just about everything else, too).

I don’t know why I keep wasting my time here, people just refuse to look at all their own options and figure out how to deal with something so simple. The reasons Mesmers seem to overpowered to 95% of the people that make threads to nerf them into the ground is because folks go into a fight with a mesmer already believing they’ve lost. You can’t play defensive against a mesmer – you have to be aggressive. Aside from frenzy, they have NO real mitigation – especially if they’re running GS/S+P.

Seriously, it’s not that hard. Learn the class before you start complaining about it. Or, better yet, learn your own.

mesmers are tricky because if you close the gap they will just frenzy, pistol 5 stun, then GS knockback + blink and reset. I run a phantasam build and the zerker and duelist do hit hard as he described. I also run the phantasam health trait and utility so it’s not easy to just kill them unless it’s a big aoe class like a HB warrior. The key to beating me at least in 1v1 is to dodge the phantasm skills and keep pressure on. But even then most good mesmers will use knock back/stun in order to guarantee the phantasm gets off then just kite / gs auto and then swoop in again with stun/frenzy/shatter to finish off. condi spammers are the best counter.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: vicious.2193

vicious.2193

mesmers are tricky because if you close the gap they will just frenzy, pistol 5 stun, then GS knockback + blink and reset. I run a phantasam build and the zerker and duelist do hit hard as he described. I also run the phantasam health trait and utility so it’s not easy to just kill them unless it’s a big aoe class like a HB warrior. The key to beating me at least in 1v1 is to dodge the phantasm skills and keep pressure on. But even then most good mesmers will use knock back/stun in order to guarantee the phantasm gets off then just kite / gs auto and then swoop in again with stun/frenzy/shatter to finish off. condi spammers are the best counter.

It seemed as though the discussion was based around melee, though, and (from my experience) most melee don’t condition like ranged do – with the exception of Guardian (that’s a whole ‘nother OP thread, though). The vast majority of mesmers will do what you just said – either knockback (you now know that the zerker is coming) or frenzy+stun (you know the bullet is coming after the frenzy). It’s these moves, over and over again, that most mesmers make their bread and butter against melee – just counter them.

Mesmers aren’t invincible beasts of glory – a few people have given them that reputation and it’s seeped into their hearts and minds of the unimaginative.

Do you see the sins you’re making? ‘Cuz I’ve made them all before.

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: shiNn.2571

shiNn.2571

imo mesmer should get 5might per illu shatter, we havent enough buffs.

Mighty Shinn
Jealous Much [JM]

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

all those numbers are a huge exageration. 3k autoattack? how I wish that would be true

mesmers are ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

this is a classic case of mad cus bad