more points from winning when having decay?

in PvP

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

didnt take a screenshot but…
didnt play for like a week..ended up having 600 decay.
won the first 6 games..got my 100+ from every win + an average of 30 points.
Was struggling to get out of bronze…suddenly i was in silver ( from the 180 points i got from the winnings)
before decay i got around 13-14 from winning
whats up with that?

Should i wait untill i get decay to stat playing, since i will get way more points from that??

in PvP

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

It’s a gamble. You also loose more points. Makes no sense to me. If I recall correctly a dev said they will remove this mechanic.

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

As beat said, decay increases your volatility so you can also lose more as well like -40. They should remove this, it’s how some people (like me) managed to surpass their true MMR. Sure I also could have lost more, but got lucky with a 6 winstreak & 1 loss. +5 points became +20 while -25 loss only became -35. Obviously my data is limited but you get the picture.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

As beat said, decay increases your volatility so you can also lose more as well like -40. They should remove this, it’s how some people (like me) managed to surpass their true MMR. Sure I also could have lost more, but got lucky with a 6 winstreak & 1 loss. +5 points became +20 while -25 loss only became -35. Obviously my data is limited but you get the picture.

Word, without a top 50 duo the only real way for me to progress is queue dodge / off hours / and only play decay. I’m not good enough to carry 2 or more lower ranks (gold/silver) against top 10 duos, so ive accepted my fate. Almost legend again though xD

in PvP

Posted by: skylink.4972

skylink.4972

didnt take a screenshot but…
didnt play for like a week..ended up having 600 decay.
won the first 6 games..got my 100+ from every win + an average of 30 points.
Was struggling to get out of bronze…suddenly i was in silver ( from the 180 points i got from the winnings)
before decay i got around 13-14 from winning
whats up with that?

Should i wait untill i get decay to stat playing, since i will get way more points from that??

I got punished by this mechanic, kept loosing 35+/- after 4 days break. ANET loves to punish people that cant play the game 24/7. When the loss streak ended i started winning 12 rating. Amazing.
Also guess what is going to happen when you take a break for 4-5 days? You are not going to perform as good as you did when you played more often which can lead to an easy loss within the first games you play after break, somehow ANET wants to punish these games as much as possible.

I recommend playing on alt account or unrankeds after your x days break to get kinda back to your skill level. Wish there was someone who warned me about the volatility of rating gain/loss with decay, now my 150 games effort is gone.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Yeh this is the stupidest thing of the current system. it makes no sense in a season format to make games after decay mean much more.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Yeh this is the stupidest thing of the current system. it makes no sense in a season format to make games after decay mean much more.

Yes, it is stupid and even Evan admitted it as such and will be removed next season.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Decay is not related to volatility. You do however get both from the same cause (not playing for a prolonged period)

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube