necromanters doing knockbacks?

in PvP

Posted by: dicrim.8913

dicrim.8913

since when necros do knockbacks? yesterday i duel against another necro (im a necro pvper) and after his fear skills were over i had some nice knockbacks…. is that even possible? he was a power necro btw no pets at all
also how come i got feared/rooted/knockbacked while in plague form? is there something wrong with game mechanics? and btw there is no lich form in pvp

(edited by dicrim.8913)

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

lich has a knock back.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Strong first post

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Flesh Golem as well.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

enjoy amazing flesh golem knocking you over 3 times in a row even behind wall, under stairs, through dodge and what not… the unstoppable force!

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

enjoy amazing flesh golem knocking you over 3 times in a row even behind wall, under stairs, through dodge and what not… the unstoppable force!

Flesh golem now only knocks back on its first contact with an oponent unless a person is hit with both the charge AND the final attack. (two seperate parts of the skill). So the day so if the repeated knockdown into a wall are over sadly.

They do still tend to knockdown in a seeming “pulse” infront of them on that final attack however. But no weirder than being knockbacked by an engis flamethrower air blast through a 400 range think pillar.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

dicrim.8913

no there was no pets and and no lich form because he had plague on him at some point

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

dicrim. THe main think is that what your saying isn’t possible. Aside from lich form and flesh golem those are the only possible ways for you to be knocked around by a necro. Necros have a single pull that might have been it. But I kinda doubt it as youd notice being chilled.

The only possibility is that there was another enemy htere doing the knocking. Necros simply dont DO hard cc. its not there thing.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

dicrim. THe main think is that what your saying isn’t possible. Aside from lich form and flesh golem those are the only possible ways for you to be knocked around by a necro. Necros have a single pull that might have been it. But I kinda doubt it as youd notice being chilled.

The only possibility is that there was another enemy htere doing the knocking. Necros simply dont DO hard cc. its not there thing.

what am are a TeRoRRmAnCeRR? i Cant seem tO control my Charater becuz im afraid oF the nEcromAster

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Sounds like he was using Runes of the Grove for that rooting effect. It’s also possible you mistook the pull effect via Spectral Grasp for knockback.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

dicrim.8913

Sounds like he was using Runes of the Grove for that rooting effect. It’s also possible you mistook the pull effect via Spectral Grasp for knockback.

no i was pushed away not pulled in

in PvP

dicrim.8913

no there was not other toon around maybe there is a new “glitch”?

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Maybe you were fighting on point on Temple and the other team got the bottom buff?

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: White Hunter.3416

White Hunter.3416

also how come i got feared/rooted/knockbacked while in plague form? is there something wrong with game mechanics? and btw there is no lich form in pvp

You can be feared in plague form by Corrupt Boon which converts stability into the fear.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

A couple things can do this. Boon corruption turns your Stability into Fear. Engineer’s Throw Mine strips a boon (Stability is likely the only boon you have in Plague Form) and knocks back as well. Once your Stability is removed via any boon removal, any sort of CC works normally. Also, nothing about Plague prevents Immobilize.

And there very much is Lich Form in PvP.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Regarding your other issue, the plague form gives you stability, but it’s still just a buff, and can be removed before the plague form ends. My guess is that your foe used Corrupt Boon, and turned your stability into fear. That’s something you have to be careful about, especially when fighting other necros and trickery thieves (95% of the thieves in structured pvp).