new game types for spvp

new game types for spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Githzerai.1738

Githzerai.1738

I would really like to see some new game types for spvp. Not new maps for the same game like we have now.

Rift has some really good game types as does WoW, most notably absent so far from GW2 is any kind of capture the flag type game.

Introducing different game types allows players to play different build types. Right now we are all essentially using one of two build types no matter what profession is being played ie. glass cannon/burst or condition/survival.

New game types will bring different tactical requirements which will foster different types of builds.

new game types for spvp

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I definitely think they will add new game types, but currently they have set a plan that outlines some other changes and those apparently aren’t happening until around March or “when it’s ready”. So, if I had to honestly guess when new game types would be in, I would say late summer ’13. Bummer, huh?

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

new game types for spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Codex.8513

Codex.8513

I am wondering how they will deal with the fact that so many abilities are designed around the current ‘hold the square’ map type…

but yeah all wana new type of pvp not just hold the square

new game types for spvp

in PvP

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I really miss the “capture the flag” from WoW…

Other “types” do need to be incorporated into the spvp system as well as being able to choose the map you want to go into – I don’t want to go into some of them!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

new game types for spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Random map choosing – ok for me.

But different types of maps – great idea, team vs team was good in Unreal Tournament, but that’s another story )

But i don’t want something zerglike….Anet team is quite wise guys, I think they will manage something unique.

And it would be good to make tournaments seperated with other servers…cause waiting for people to enter is quite long termed on some servers..

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

new game types for spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Kykeon.8572

Kykeon.8572

It’d be very refreshing to see anything that doesn’t promote heavy bunker builds.

At the moment the game is one super bunker build for each class and endless CC.

Very skillful.

new game types for spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Thirsty.2875

Thirsty.2875

I highly doubt you will see them in the next 6 months at least. They have a lot in the works but unless they are keeping it a super secret this is not even on their priority list.

Spill The Blood <- Join The sPvP Guild