"new" pvp map july 26?

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

lots of pvp suggestions given: anet heard this

http://massivelyop.com/2016/07/12/a-sneak-peek-at-guild-wars-2s-living-world-season-3-episode-1-out-of-the-shadows/

Then you have “Revenge of the Capricorn,” a revamped version of the retired Raid on the Capricorn. The old map was removed due to the underwater element, as the team wanted to focus more on land combat (so no, we won’t have any underwater battles here). It’s a move I’m particularly disappointed with, as I really enjoyed the underwater combat. It’s a big reason RotC was my favorite PvP map. At least players will be able to enjoy some Lion’s Arch architecture again!

As before, you’ll have three points to capture, but now in addition to players, you’ll have the pirates of the Capricorn roaming the map for revenge. Players are supposed to need to unite at times to fight against the third faction. To help with this, there will be a new bell objective capturable at 3-minute intervals that signals a canon fires on the Capricorn. It also awards your team some points, and capturing it multiple times in a row gives you an additional bonus (first 25, then 50, 75). The idea is that the objective can be used as both a “winning more” mechanic or a way of making a comeback.

indeed, when offering anet suggestions, remember: how can this work for 5v5 conquest maps

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

so they added more pve maps not pvp… havent they learn from stronghold? we want less pve in our pvp maps.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

so they added more pve maps not pvp… havent they learn from stronghold? we want less pve in our pvp maps.

You quite literally haven’t even SEEN the map yet and your already bashing it >.< kittening wow. If you have already decided your gonna hate it NOW based on a few lines of text then obviously nothing anet can do will change your mind.

I only hope youre more open minded than you seem here. Or I imagine well be dealing with ANOTHER wave of hateposts with 0 actual feedback built in to them.

As for less pve in our pvp maps. Legacy of Foefire is still the top voted pvp map in game. And it has more PvE in it than any other the other maps aside from stronghold.

The presence of pirates like this MIGHT make it interesting for certain classes. Revenant’s and DH’s might be able to use them for mobility. Necros for things like building life force,shredding conditions, and even doing mass transfers from epidemic.

Warriors may be able to start fights at max adrenaline depending on how the “mobs” are implemented. And thats assuming the pirates are target-able creatures. They may not be. But might be far closer to a mobile map mechanic.

There are a lot of ways they could be implemented just from sitting down and thinking about it for 30 seconds. Lets actually LOOK at the map before losing our minds.

Ghost Yak

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Most of the PvP maps have some PvE element for additional points. But stronghold was different in that it was actually a PvE map, you could only win by killing the other teams lord. This is still a conquest map, it still has nodes and you have to hold onto them to win. Its not a PvE map

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

You quite literally haven’t even SEEN the map yet and your already bashing it >.< kittening wow. If you have already decided your gonna hate it NOW based on a few lines of text then obviously nothing anet can do will change your mind.

I only hope youre more open minded than you seem here. Or I imagine well be dealing with ANOTHER wave of hateposts with 0 actual feedback built in to them.

As for less pve in our pvp maps. Legacy of Foefire is still the top voted pvp map in game. And it has more PvE in it than any other the other maps aside from stronghold.

The presence of pirates like this MIGHT make it interesting for certain classes. Revenant’s and DH’s might be able to use them for mobility. Necros for things like building life force,shredding conditions, and even doing mass transfers from epidemic.

Warriors may be able to start fights at max adrenaline depending on how the “mobs” are implemented. And thats assuming the pirates are target-able creatures. They may not be. But might be far closer to a mobile map mechanic.

There are a lot of ways they could be implemented just from sitting down and thinking about it for 30 seconds. Lets actually LOOK at the map before losing our minds.

its a valid complaint tho. lots of posts ask for some way to just pvp, literally youse guys vs us guys (or gals). just let us battle, forget all this capping pts, respawning, mobs to fight. but anet constantly creates maps that include various pve elements, u can’t deny that.

it could have some fun to it, at least its different, but it doesn’t address the fact that lots of players just want to pvp, or player vs player. not pvpve. again, i’m not 1 who is 100% against pvpve, it has its merits, but it would be nice to have a real way to pvp w/o all this extra stuff going on

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

There are no NPC pirates in this map that interact with players. The secondary mechanic is a periodic 4th capture point (“The Bell”) that awards increasing team score.

There was probably some confusion because once the bell is captured, there is an awesome sequence of cannons blowing up the pirate ship. This is only for flavor, though.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: surrge.3214

surrge.3214

There are no NPC pirates in this map that interact with players. The secondary mechanic is a periodic 4th capture point (“The Bell”) that awards increasing team score.

There was probably some confusion because once the bell is captured, there is an awesome sequence of cannons blowing up the pirate ship. This is only for flavor, though.

should we be expecting a balance patch today or will that happen when the living story comes out?

Splurrge-Ele
Surrge of the Mists-Rev
Pixel Surrge-Ele

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

@Evan
before the revamped map comes out there should be a balance patch. ppl could practice for next season. Now you practice for nothing
Or at least balance notes would be nice.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

that is fair enough, basically like the new skyhammer. much better than the article makes it sound.

altho, i still stand by the fact that many players would like a way to just pvp, w/o bells, whistles, respawns, etc

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Sounds cool. However, I actually kinda liked the cannon mechanic from the old Capricorn map. I think it did a good job of not being so telegraphed that it wasn’t worth using against skilled opponents while also being limited enough to not be a role you do the whole map.

Is this gone entirely?

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

As before, you’ll have three points to capture, but now in addition to players, you’ll have the pirates of the Capricorn roaming the map for revenge. Players are supposed to need to unite at times to fight against the third faction. To help with this, there will be a new bell objective capturable at 3-minute intervals that signals a canon fires on the Capricorn. It also awards your team some points, and capturing it multiple times in a row gives you an additional bonus (first 25, then 50, 75). The idea is that the objective can be used as both a “winning more” mechanic or a way of making a comeback.

when i read " you’ll have pirates of capricorn roaming the map for revenge" “players are supposed to unite against the third faction” that when i was concern.. im not bashing it, nor do i hate it. im just skeptical. im ok with foe fire, or forest, but map like stronghold is just to many pve element to me. “player versus Environment” you know door. treb, giant beast, npc guards, npc lord. chanelling points just too many in just 1 map. i wasnt saying no pve at all i just said less.(big difference)
anyways lesh already clarify it. there wont be any NPC roaming around. ty.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Soooo… no patch until the 26th? Zzzzz…

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

yay we get our old pvpmap back after …. years and months
I WANT THE CANNON XD gawd that was so fgging cool with thief shooting all bobs

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Was there anything changed to the “BETA” maps? I thought the purpose of “BETA” was to test and implement changes. So far, we have had the same map without any adjustments to test. All of the same issues, that have been reported, are still prevalent in each map.

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

Was there anything changed to the “BETA” maps? I thought the purpose of “BETA” was to test and implement changes. So far, we have had the same map without any adjustments to test. All of the same issues, that have been reported, are still prevalent in each map.

… u know they didn’t. at best they adjusted the timing of this/that

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Can we please have a pvp map with gliders? Just make it a checkbox like conquest and stronghold, and you can only check it if you have HOT

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Want to wait before to judge but honestly maps are not the main issue here for spvp.

Matchmaker, League structure and rewards are.

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

thanks for bringing back the map !!!

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

So is this map going to ranked and unranked or just unranked?

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Capricorn!! HALLELUYAH!

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Would love to know whether nu skyhammer/spirit watch will be joining the Ranked queue.

Maybe run a poll for it like the WvWers are getting.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I liked the underwater combat. I just don’t understand how that map can be better without underwater combat. Would have been better to make a GvG 8v8 or 10v10 map and just bring the old map back in my opinion.

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So the article is completely wrong then. Great journalism.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Yeah.. I don’t know what the writers at massively were fed in terms of sources for what the map will be, but it’s completely different to reality.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

maybe the pirates roam around but do not interact with players ?

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

its a valid complaint tho. lots of posts ask for some way to just pvp, literally youse guys vs us guys (or gals). just let us battle, forget all this capping pts, respawning, mobs to fight. but anet constantly creates maps that include various pve elements, u can’t deny that.

it could have some fun to it, at least its different, but it doesn’t address the fact that lots of players just want to pvp, or player vs player. not pvpve. again, i’m not 1 who is 100% against pvpve, it has its merits, but it would be nice to have a real way to pvp w/o all this extra stuff going on

You mean you want more courtyard maps? I thought Courtyard was disliked by most (I know I hated that map).

The new Capricorn map sounds neat and while I’ll miss the underwater portion as that was my favorite map, I’m looking forward to the new map.

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

You mean you want more courtyard maps? I thought Courtyard was disliked by most (I know I hated that map).

The new Capricorn map sounds neat and while I’ll miss the underwater portion as that was my favorite map, I’m looking forward to the new map.

if u think courtyard is an actual tdm map, then u really are clueless. main reason being actual tdm don’t have respawn with a point based win system. its a tdm… when everyone on 1 side is dead, the other side wins

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

It does state at the end of the article that the NPC’s are for flavor only.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Why am I not surprised to see “players need to unite” in the description for a PvP map?

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

if u think courtyard is an actual tdm map, then u really are clueless. main reason being actual tdm don’t have respawn with a point based win system. its a tdm… when everyone on 1 side is dead, the other side wins

You originally asked for a map with no PvE elements, not a TDM map. Courtyard is a PvP map with no PvE elements.

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

You originally asked for a map with no PvE elements, not a TDM map. Courtyard is a PvP map with no PvE elements.

if u think courtyard is an actual tdm map, then u really are clueless

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

annihilation mode does not have respawns.
death match mode have respawns.

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

annihilation mode does not have respawns.
death match mode have respawns.

… ok annihilation then

Attachments:

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

cant wait boys patch asap!!!!

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The article was completly wrong then. It had me worried, but if it is just flavour and theme of the map, I don’t mind it at all, sounds cool. Happy we’re getting a new (hopefully competitive) conquest map. Looking foward to checking it out.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

How long do we have ot w8 for any pvp patch?

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

So this is the first competitive map being added in FOUR YEARS. Sometimes you have to look at the results and realise that this is pretty sad. There is no pvp support in this game.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Do we have any clue if it will be in the ranked queue or if it will only be put into unranked?

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So this is the first competitive map being added in FOUR YEARS. Sometimes you have to look at the results and realise that this is pretty sad. There is no pvp support in this game.

It’s not just pvp. The only new WvW map got removed (Like Raid of the Capricorn was). EotM was never implemented properly either and still has no objective worth fighting for. Work on the WvW overhaul? Who knows, it’s like they had never started and are doing the minimum.

The guild arenas had potential, but they have no scoreboard and are too small for gvg. GvG never had any support at all even if the name of the game is Guild Wars. Build variety is at it’s worse state ever and they seem to think it’s fine.

Living World seems to be dialogue focused instead of gameplay focused but we’ll see. Raids have no difficulty settings, have brutal timers and probably less than 5% actually play them. And even the legendary items they promised were cancelled. So much great content was just removed from the game but it should be permanent (SAB?). Fractal overhaul was a epic fail. Dungeons…

Something just seems not right when you look at the the potential the game had and where it’s at right now.

I’m excited for new content, but the return of Raid of the Capricorn without water just can’t be as fun as it was.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The best thing for 5v5 conquest maps would be to NOT have conquest maps anymore.

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

The best thing for 5v5 conquest maps would be to NOT have conquest maps anymore.

Yeah? Remember “Courtyard”?

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Courtyard respawn is bad for deathmatch.

They should do “round” of many smaller matches like they did in Gw1.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

"new" pvp map july 26?

in PvP

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yes I do. Do you have any point at all that pertains to my statement? I said it would be better if we have a game mode OTHER than conquest, nowhere did I say deathmatch or any other existing game type should be its replacement.