no hot, no pvp

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Deathrubber.3861

Deathrubber.3861

hey as i play pvp only i love the show the game to my mates and some of them tried it out. but after a while i realized there is practically no pvp without buying hot.
vanilla>no chance>no fun. so all of them stoped playing after a while (ofc, i wouldnt pay 40bucks for some traitlines for the new game). myself woulf even spend 100bucks for guild wars if its worth it just to thank u anet but new players wont.
i think its sad bc guild wars pvp is beautiful and i like to play it with my mates so why not make pvp fully provided? less money in the first place but way more players and money eventually.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Look, Guild wars 2 was B2P game. It still remains mainly B2P. However, base game now is free. It is not F2P game. In free mode you can try whole base game for free. This is huge endless free trial. Stop complaining about limits you get for trying the game for free. WoW free trial is until you reach 20 level, GW2 free trail is for unlimited time.

Don’t expect B2P game developers to cater to free trail users. You got to try nearly whole game for free, and you want more? Entitlements are off the charts.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

He don’t want “HOT” be free, he want core specializations to be on equal level to hot spec.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The “problem” between core and spec is basicly why ANet still want to sell the game and if you want to play the full game you have to buy it, you can’t play a entire cestion of the game for free, that don’t make any sense. I play only sPvP and why had I to buy that game if I was able to play it for free?

If you want to TRY the game you can do that and play a core class for FREE, but if you want to be totally competitive, you have to buy the game.

And, at last, if you tried it for free as a new player, with only core classes and , I presume, not a real good build and not too much practice in sPvP, you was fighting Experted Players with Specializzations. That alone make you basicly unable to kill them. You’re a newbye and you have to do practice against people that play from years, it’s obvious that you’ll die quickly.

Anyway it’s a B2P. If you want to Really play the sPvP, then buy the game as everyone did.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The only issue that matters in this thread is that F2P players come into PvP to play on their vanilla specs, they get rolled by the elite specs, they stop playing GW2 never to return.

All the crap about whats free, what isnt free, what should be free, what shouldn’t be free is irrelevant.

Conclusion: Ded game, so who cares?

??

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Just play warr, Adrenal Health is in a core trait line

M I L K B O I S

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

He don’t want “HOT” be free, he want core specializations to be on equal level to hot spec.

I agree with you.
I have 4 paid GW2 accounts (1 collectors) . 2 of them are core accounts and 2 with hot.
Anet made the game free . But i paid for it and i want my core accounts can survive in pvp. Find a way to limit the free ones i don’t care how but find it. U can’t equal us with them.
The only classes i can play on core and be decent cause of my experience are Trapper Ranger, Support-Bunker Guard and mm necro.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

pico.6402

I agree with you.
I have 4 paid GW2 accounts (1 collectors) . 2 of them are core accounts and 2 with hot.
Anet made the game free . But i paid for it and i want my core accounts can survive in pvp. Find a way to limit the free ones i don’t care how but find it. U can’t equal us with them.
The only classes i can play on core and be decent cause of my experience are Trapper Ranger, Support-Bunker Guard and mm necro.

There are more core classes that can be decent in pvp and true is U don’t need hot at all to be competitive. I’m plaing core hybrid mes, core condimancer, and core burn guard and I need to say they can do great when fighting meta hot builds. But also this core builds need some team compositions to shine. With out it in many time plaing them is like hitting in the wall with U’r head.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

This entire mes just because A-net made an statement they couldn’t possibly make true. the elite specilisation bring a different playstyle but at the same time it increasesvital core abilities.

DH’s have thier virtues increased and get acces to traps

Berzerkers get easier acces to burst skills and have their burst skills increased and get access a solid condition role for example.

>the moment u buff core traitlines elite specs become stronger.

or

>And if u succeed into bring core classes on an equal ground with elite specs by for example including a core bonus mechanic in which traits change the moment any combination of 3 core traitlines and also unlocks new core utilities, elite skills and healing skills. then fewer players would buy HOT, espically those that pvp.

I honestly think that this whole core=equal to elite spec is a load of nonsense really. U are getting the core game for free. Some of us put down 30-50 bucks for the game and some even 99 or more for the special edition version. I mean it’s akin a car dealer selling an buggatti veyron and a toyata jaris which is just as fast for the same kittening price.

u need to lure players with something.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Treidge.2687

Treidge.2687

imho
good game should be paid, but main spvp problem is musthave “hot” traitline in all builds.
if u want to compete in high skill ranks, u r going “hot” traitline and decide on other two.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Sure they can do that but the core game will no longer be free. As long as it’s F2P, Anet will never make core builds on the same tier as Elite specs.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

hey as i play pvp only i love the show the game to my mates and some of them tried it out. but after a while i realized there is practically no pvp without buying hot.
vanilla>no chance>no fun. so all of them stoped playing after a while (ofc, i wouldnt pay 40bucks for some traitlines for the new game). myself woulf even spend 100bucks for guild wars if its worth it just to thank u anet but new players wont.
i think its sad bc guild wars pvp is beautiful and i like to play it with my mates so why not make pvp fully provided? less money in the first place but way more players and money eventually.

if they are new to the game, buying HOT gives the whole game + hot, thats a hell of a lot of content for a box price and no sub.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Sure they can do that but the core game will no longer be free. As long as it’s F2P, Anet will never make core builds on the same tier as Elite specs.

That is what i try to say! Not all of us are free players! Anet needs to take care this thing ! Otherwise soon will loose many existing customers and will stay with the free ones and some HoT freaks

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

vesica tempestas.1563

Or support the game and pay for the thing you want.

but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

So what about people that bought the game PRE-HOT and are now stuck with crappy builds?
Yeah sure its cool to say “freelos shouldn’t be equal to B2P”, but what about the old B2P people that got shafted? The expansion definetly wasn’t enough bang for our buck, and some people didn’t appreciate that others get the same content for half the price simply because they started late. Adding insult to insult isn’t really the best way to ensure people continue playing. (FYI i own 2 accounts, one Deluxe Core+ Ultimate HoT other Regular Core, plus i paid for my brother’s accounts also Deluxe+Ultimate, so yeah, i paid for this game, and some gems too, but i still think that HoT pricing and the marketing was unreasonable and unfair to older costumers, and hope the next one either has like 3-4 times the content or half the price, or its the last i’ll pay for GW2).

Also what about people, like me, that loved to play Ranger pre-HoT but dislike playing Druid? We still get a sub-par build compared to other elite specced players.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

you can have fun in unranked on some classes,
vanilla S/D engi can still oneshot people,
several necro specs can be great too, i play a d/w necro with blood magic and well and it does pretty well.

ofcourse this is all in unranked however :P

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

vesica tempestas.1563

So what about people that bought the game PRE-HOT and are now stuck with crappy builds?
Yeah sure its cool to say “freelos shouldn’t be equal to B2P”, but what about the old B2P people that got shafted? The expansion definetly wasn’t enough bang for our buck, and some people didn’t appreciate that others get the same content for half the price simply because they started late. Adding insult to insult isn’t really the best way to ensure people continue playing. (FYI i own 2 accounts, one Deluxe Core+ Ultimate HoT other Regular Core, plus i paid for my brother’s accounts also Deluxe+Ultimate, so yeah, i paid for this game, and some gems too, but i still think that HoT pricing and the marketing was unreasonable and unfair to older costumers, and hope the next one either has like 3-4 times the content or half the price, or its the last i’ll pay for GW2).

Also what about people, like me, that loved to play Ranger pre-HoT but dislike playing Druid? We still get a sub-par build compared to other elite specced players.

The expansions costs on average £3 a month. If you cant afford that with a game that charges no sub then you have bigger priorities and worries than a spec in a game i suspect.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

The expansions costs on average £3 a month. If you cant afford that with a game that charges no sub then you have bigger priorities and worries than a spec in a game i suspect.

Wrong and selfish answer! I paid for the game so i demand! is like a company make new car model and stop support older models! This is not right!

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowgurke.5813

Shadowgurke.5813

To all the people complaining that core specs are not as strong as elite specs: This is precisely the way it is supposed to be. How disappointing do you think this addon would be if elite specs would be equally strong to regular specs, thus being rarely picked up? Imagine all the addon basically changing nothing for most specs. Don’t make people that buy the game be disappointed because a few players who can’t be bothered to spend 40 bucks / 20 bucks.

If you think Anet should just make non hot specs and hot specs equally strong then you are deluded. We just had the first season where most classes are finally somewhat equall. Do you really think they could manage to balance two specs per class?

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Stochastic.1398

Stochastic.1398

I bought GW2 a little before HoT came out, if they want to make the new specs better, they need to create a separate PVP space instead of making people who didn’t buy it fodder.

WoW did this.

The game is so blatantly unbalanced it makes me never want to support the company again.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

So what about people that bought the game PRE-HOT

You got to play this game for years. You had this game and enjoyed it far longer than trial users.
Time is money.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

pico.6402

To all the people complaining that core specs are not as strong as elite specs: This is precisely the way it is supposed to be. How disappointing do you think this addon would be if elite specs would be equally strong to regular specs, thus being rarely picked up? Imagine all the addon basically changing nothing for most specs. Don’t make people that buy the game be disappointed because a few players who can’t be bothered to spend 40 bucks / 20 bucks.

If you think Anet should just make non hot specs and hot specs equally strong then you are deluded. We just had the first season where most classes are finally somewhat equall. Do you really think they could manage to balance two specs per class?

I will complain because I was cheated by a-net. They were saing that elite spec. will give us a new way to play our class. Instead we got upgrades that are a must have to play decent.

And stop telling me kitten fings about how cheap this game is. Maybe in USA 40/20 bucks is not much but when U see the currency exchange for some countires and an averrange salary U maybe change a little bit U’r opinion.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Deathrubber.3861

its just impossible to inspire friends to play pvp. as im not playing any pve, they dont bother to try that (tho i think its easier to inspire to pve as u dont get offended, reported and smashed without hot). do not underestimate the differences between pve and pvp, alot of players do one of them categorically. i thought of this more like a win-win situation: as u only provide a full experience in pvp, anet wins way more players who want to experience pve/wvw too, buying hot. the current scheme expects them to start in pve what motivates them to buy hot but the scheme lacks pvp newies.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

I will complain because I was cheated by a-net.

Wait wait wait. You get 85% of the game for free and you feel cheated? Before HOT no one was able to play for free and now you can access nearly all the game with limitless free trial, and you feel cheated?
You play B2P game for free and you feel cheated?

Where are from? You get expensive stuff for free for unlimited time and you feel cheated. Are you living in greece? Where in the world gaining free stuff is considered as getting cheated? GW2 is still B2P game. These free trail users are so entitled hat they want everything without paying a cent.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Yes that is what i won’t ! New expansion suppose to give more features in game . New classes new contain etc . Not cancel all the old stuff but give u more choices in game. If they can’t keep them in balance better change job . Example : When AMD or Nvidia launches new GPUs do they stop support old ones? Of course not! We don’t talk about the very old models but they series just before new ones. And the core is just that.
Anything else is bad business plan and shows that they don’t care and respect customers.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

pico.6402

I will complain because I was cheated by a-net.

Wait wait wait. You get 85% of the game for free and you feel cheated? Before HOT no one was able to play for free and now you can access nearly all the game with limitless free trial, and you feel cheated?
You play B2P game for free and you feel cheated?

Where are from? You get expensive stuff for free for unlimited time and you feel cheated. Are you living in greece? Where in the world gaining free stuff is considered as getting cheated? GW2 is still B2P game. These free trail users are so entitled hat they want everything without paying a cent.

I know my english is not great, but man I’m not complaining about that game is for free or not (to U’r info I bought gw2 one year after release). Last year when hot was comig A-net said taht with this exp. we will get new ways of plaing with our favorite classes. They said that it will not be an upgrade but some thig that bring us new choises. And what did we get… An upgrade that is mandatory if U don’t pull U’r team down.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

its just impossible to inspire friends to play pvp. as im not playing any pve, they dont bother to try that (tho i think its easier to inspire to pve as u dont get offended, reported and smashed without hot). do not underestimate the differences between pve and pvp, alot of players do one of them categorically. i thought of this more like a win-win situation: as u only provide a full experience in pvp, anet wins way more players who want to experience pve/wvw too, buying hot. the current scheme expects them to start in pve what motivates them to buy hot but the scheme lacks pvp newies.

Yeah that would have been the best solution: opening the HoT specs to the f2p player base would make spvp much healthier (its designed to be an equalized pvp environment after all), increase the spvp player base, give GW2 spvp a chance to compete with other esport games, and work to increase revenue through more cash shop purchases and possibly picking up some players buying HoT for pve/ WvW.

Like you say a win-win situation.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

Yeah that would have been the best solution: opening the HoT specs to the f2p player base would make spvp much healthier (its designed to be an equalized pvp environment after all), increase the spvp player base, give GW2 spvp a chance to compete with other esport games, and work to increase revenue through more cash shop purchases and possibly picking up some players buying HoT for pve/ WvW.

No, just NO! If the f2p players want to play the new specs they should pay for the HoT expansion like everyone else did. You want to be more competitive? Stop being cheap and buy the expansion. I dont know why it is surprise to anyone that HoT introduced a slightly more superior builds. All other MMO expansions does this, only they do stretch the line way more extremly between those that dont own the expansion and those that does with levels, superior gear and whatnot all together.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

No, just NO! If the f2p players want to play the new specs they should pay for the HoT expansion like everyone else did. You want to be more competitive? Stop being cheap and buy the expansion. I dont know why it is surprise to anyone that HoT introduced a slightly more superior builds. All other MMO expansions does this, only they do stretch the line way more extremly between those that dont own the expansion and those that does with levels, superior gear and whatnot all together.

Other MMOS? How many survived? WoW did that but add more pve lvls and created different classes . Didn’t add to existed ones skill tree and change the hole class . Wanna do expansion ? Wanna have balance? Want people have motive to buy? Create new class like Herald.
If u want to do what u did u need to keep old classes alive! I want to play sniper ranger can i? No!!! I want to play Mid Support – Bunker Guard can i ? No!!! U supposed to do every Class that can play every style (DPS-Bunker-Support etc) . Where the kitten is build diversity ?

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

Base necro does really well, I actually prefer it to reaper.

Other than that, yeah, base prof sucks.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Rain.7543

Other MMOS? How many survived? WoW did that but add more pve lvls and created different classes . Didn’t add to existed ones skill tree and change the hole class . Wanna do expansion ? Wanna have balance? Want people have motive to buy? Create new class like Herald.
If u want to do what u did u need to keep old classes alive! I want to play sniper ranger can i? No!!! I want to play Mid Support – Bunker Guard can i ? No!!! U supposed to do every Class that can play every style (DPS-Bunker-Support etc) . Where the kitten is build diversity ?

First of all I dont know why you quote me, when what I wrote was directed towards completely different person and it was on a completely different topic then build diversity. I was talking about the suggestion to open HoT builds to f2p players, which is absurd. Are these people who want this, also walk into a store demanding meal for free, because other people pay for it and eat it? Absurd!

Now… your own concern is somewhat valid. Yes some builds are not good in the current meta, but ask yourself the question: Was it really any different, before HoT? There always are and there always will be superior builds who will dominate the pvp scene, this is not something new that happened only after HoT released. This is how a competitive environment work out, if you want to be competitive you need to adapt to the current viable builds and now HoT once dominate the scene and thats how its going to be for a while. Every class have atleast 3 viable builds right now that plays differently – I call this good build diversity, the balance is the best that has been for a while. Just because your favourite build isn’t viable at the moment, it doesnt mean there is lack of build diversity.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Shameless plug and spam: 50% off. 25$ is too much to Buy to Win, but well… if it help us having more people in sPVP I am all for it.

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.heartofthorns

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

First of all I dont know why you quote me, when what I wrote was directed towards completely different person and it was on a completely different topic then build diversity. I was talking about the suggestion to open HoT builds to f2p players, which is absurd. Are these people who want this, also walk into a store demanding meal for free, because other people pay for it and eat it? Absurd!

Now… your own concern is somewhat valid. Yes some builds are not good in the current meta, but ask yourself the question: Was it really any different, before HoT? There always are and there always will be superior builds who will dominate the pvp scene, this is not something new that happened only after HoT released. This is how a competitive environment work out, if you want to be competitive you need to adapt to the current viable builds and now HoT once dominate the scene and thats how its going to be for a while. Every class have atleast 3 viable builds right now that plays differently – I call this good build diversity, the balance is the best that has been for a while. Just because your favourite build isn’t viable at the moment, it doesnt mean there is lack of build diversity.

Mistaken u are!
Older posts of mine u can see i champ all classes titles. And i am in last tier of conquer and brawler titles.
Tell me : can any class be viable by playing all 3 game style? ( Dps,Support, Bunker)
Before u buy the game 3 years ago anet was promising this thing exactly.
I manage to be legendary Div ( i post photo) by playing core Support Guard not DH . I did that cause i am good and by playing solo games.
My complain is a normal player can’t play core support Guard.
Before HoT was viable not META but viable. I never said (and almost never follow META) i want my builds be META . Is a difference between be viable and be META. I leave META pro players.

Attachments:

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Wrong and selfish answer! I paid for the game so i demand! is like a company make new car model and stop support older models! This is not right!

What kind of answer is yours? Do you think Microsoft still bother to update windows 98?…oh boys..

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Rain.7543

Mistaken u are!
Older posts of mine u can see i champ all classes titles. And i am in last tier of conquer and brawler titles.
Tell me : can any class be viable by playing all 3 game style? ( Dps,Support, Bunker)
Before u buy the game 3 years ago anet was promising this thing exactly.
I manage to be legendary Div ( i post photo) by playing core Support Guard not DH . I did that cause i am good and by playing solo games.
My complain is a normal player can’t play core support Guard.
Before HoT was viable not META but viable. I never said (and almost never follow META) i want my builds be META . Is a difference between be viable and be META. I leave META pro players.

I just think you are attention seeker and thats about it. I dont care about neither you reaching legendary, nor your titles, mate. Dont know why you felt putting screenshots and telling what titles you have and whatnot. Still the fact that you made to legendary playing with that build proves its viable, no? If other players have issue with it, then that means they need to learn and master it better, but you already proved that your complain in invalid, since you made it to the top division with that same build. Enough said.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I have hot. my problem is not the money for it. My problem is that it is wrong that i have to chose 3 trait line between 6 and i have to chose 1 mandatory for being competitive. And the same for weapon in many classes . Hot destroyed build diversity and the game is far less fun . I want core specs viable not for not paying money , but for having more options to chose among

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Jessie.5379

Jessie.5379

Elite specializations should not be a requirement. What it should be is an additional option to your build. Regardless if you own HoT, a core player, or F2P, it is a balancing issue when elite specialization is so advantageous over non-elite; and it ruins build diversity.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

HoT is not mandatory for pvp. You don’t have to simply play builds that are on metabattle. There are plenty of decent builds using core. Unless you’re an elite player in the top ranks, it is not as significant as you think. If you’re getting face rolled in pvp, it may not be the build. High chance you’d be getting face rolled with hot builds as well????

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

The only issue that matters in this thread is that F2P players come into PvP to play on their vanilla specs, they get rolled by the elite specs, they stop playing GW2 never to return.

All the crap about whats free, what isnt free, what should be free, what shouldn’t be free is irrelevant.

??

The SPVP aspect is dead. The rest of the game makes tons of money. That’s why they don’t care about spvp really.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Jessie.5379

Jessie.5379

Elite specialization are just far too useful to not use them. If you’re not using them in competitive play (not just for top rank but any rank at ruby and above) you are hindering your performance. There’s a problem with decent builds – they’re not great, they’re only decent. Elite builds are just substantially better – they’re great.

You can still run weaker builds and still do good, just it’ll be harder to pull off. The higher you go in rank, the more it’ll be at the expense of your teammates.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

50% off this week might wanna treat yaself

[WM]give us in game ladder

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

??

The SPVP aspect is dead. The rest of the game makes tons of money. That’s why they don’t care about spvp really.

When I say “game” I mean sPvP. Because there is no other game mode. I hear talk of something called “PvE”, but I think that’s just some sort of fashion show/cosmetic cat walk mixed with one of those Simon Says games with the color lights- where you sit idly and push the right lights in the right order. Something like that.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

[/quote]
I just think you are attention seeker and thats about it. I dont care about neither you reaching legendary, nor your titles, mate. Dont know why you felt putting screenshots and telling what titles you have and whatnot. Still the fact that you made to legendary playing with that build proves its viable, no? If other players have issue with it, then that means they need to learn and master it better, but you already proved that your complain in invalid, since you made it to the top division with that same build. Enough said.

[/quote]

Attention seeker? Really that is the best that u can answer?
Post pic in legendary cause i want to saw that i am not just low rank useless player that he cry with anything in spvp.
As i said i do have 4 accounts 2 hot 2 not.
I manage to reach legend cause of my skills and my experience which was difficult way for me.
A meta middle to bad warrior can manage this easier than me . This not fair!
The effort that a core player needs to manage go top is multiple more hard that the meta hot player.
I read also one guy says that win 95 not support from microsoft any more. And what does it mean? Win xp was supported for 10 years . gw2 is win 7 and hot is win 8.1 . Support is need it in 100% . Mistake was the f2p ! Broke the paid gw2 customers. Anet need’s to separate the paid and f2p in spvp. End of it!
Every class now is separated in 2 classes (i mean like Ranger – Druid) Anet needs make them both viable . Hot destroy that ! Wanna use hot skills tree to make this normal do it! But do it Now ! Where is the Guardian as Bunker-Support? All know DH why? U promote HoT enough by destroy core classes now is time to equal them.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Elite specializations should not be a requirement. What it should be is an additional option to your build. Regardless if you own HoT, a core player, or F2P, it is a balancing issue when elite specialization is so advantageous over non-elite; and it ruins build diversity.

I have hot. my problem is not the money for it. My problem is that it is wrong that i have to chose 3 trait line between 6 and i have to chose 1 mandatory for being competitive. And the same for weapon in many classes . Hot destroyed build diversity and the game is far less fun . I want core specs viable not for not paying money , but for having more options to chose among

this right here /end thread

Seriously it is not about money or supporting anet or whatever else bs ppl put on the forum to defend HoT and the decisions behind the obvious power creep.

For most classes you have to pick the bottom line (discipline, trickery, ect) too because it is too mandatory which leaves you with no space to actually make diverse builds so you see the exact same builds again and again and again.
On top of that HoT brought in more brain dead aoe, passives and god mode skills that do a million things (look at scrapper hammer), so you no longer have to worry about rotations just look in the general direction of your enemy and spam whatever is off cd. Not the optimal way to play but it will get you to legend. A good example of a ‘just use it of cd’ skill is skull grinder, sure it is nice to land it but with 3.5 sec cd who cares if you miss just kitten out enough of them and 1 will hit and you only really need 1 to connect because of how ‘balanced’ the skill is.

see no evil ,until i stab you

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Boot.7368

Boot.7368

GW2 is not your usual MMO RPG. First of all, since you mentioned your friends and how they found PvPing with vanilla accounts, let me remind you that, on any other MMO RPG, you need to firstly level up before you can even see what end game PvP is like (excluding gameplay videos, duh ). However, in GW2, you don’t. You can make a free account, log on, spend 5-10 minutes doing the starter quest and join PvP immidiately. And, realistically, how on earth would Anet people make ANY money (in order to keep the game going, of course) if everything was free? It is only natural that the ONE new traitline is stronger. Emphasis on one, you still use 2/3rds of existing trait lines.

I get their frustration, I could already feel the difference in sapphire of having a vanilla account (disclaimer, I upgraded to HoT after hitting sapphire). I can only imagine it must feel as an even bigger gap for a player new to GW2 mechanics, however, it costs just as much as other games if not less.
Whether they cannot afford it/aren’t willing to spend that amount of money, that is another story.
Personally, I bought my copy for 39 euro at a gaming store in my city. I’m pretty sure with some research I could have found a better offer somewhere online but I opted for the hard copy at the store to avoid the risk of buying a stolen game code.

TL;DR: Expectations. Can’t expect to play the free version of such a massive game and expect to have no downsides whatsoever. It isn’t a MOBA game, it is an MMO RPG game and it has huge maintenance costs, let alone a (possibly) shrinking player base.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Deathrubber.3861

And, realistically, how on earth would Anet people make ANY money (in order to keep the game going, of course) if everything was free? It is only natural that the ONE new traitline is stronger.

u are right in your way but u didnt fully get my comprimise. im not saying the elite specs or even the rest (unknown pve territory) should be provided for free. what im saying is that elice specs should be f2p in pvp only because, “realistically” the f2p player has no chance in participating competitive matches or even worse: get bored of this actualy brilliant game mode and just quit again. but 30bucks for the traitline only? i dont think so. wait, I DO, but newbies dont.
because, illustrated on my little example about my mates, heaps of ppl prefer pvp only and miss out the full potential of gw’s pvp. not even thinking about going pve before they see how much fun u can have in gw and all it has to offer.

no hot, no pvp

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

Meanwhile I am winning 1v2s vs “Elite OP specs” and win or stall most of them on Vanilla GS/Hammer warrior and troll 1v3s while keeping neut on a ghetto weaker version of condi warrior. Granted the people in unranked play like bots but still 4Head

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee