no way to counter mesmer/thief teams

in PvP

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

the title says it all. mesmer and thief combos are freaking annoying and there is now way to counter that. those two professions work best together and with a mixed up lot on the opposing team, there is no way to win or compete. It’s a ganking fest.

in PvP

Posted by: Spider.3486

Spider.3486

No way to counter it? An engineer with grenades would destroy all clones within a flash, thus leaving a flimsy mesmer.
A rangers fast attacks will drop all mesmer clones within a matter of seconds, again, leaving flimsy mesmer.
A mesmer DPS is amazingly low, if they have high dps, there is not so many clones, again leaving flimsy mesmer.

Thief. Is this OMG HEARTSEEKER? Dodge, thats twice to get away from it.
Ask one of your team mates to watch for them, a warrior can knock them down, and immobilize them, a hammer guardian can stop them from leaving a certain area for a few seconds.

I could continue if you like, it sounds like you aren’t event talking to your team mates and hoping a general zerg will do it.

in PvP

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

Im speaking more along the lines of regular games, not tournaments. In tournaments it’s fine because we are talking. Either all in all I should not expect team work from a random assortment of players, which isn’t the case in maybe 20% of the games I’ve played in. All of that makes sense and I know how to counter them individually as a ranger/guardian, but it’s still ridiculous when no one else is good enough to do anything together. I guess it suffices to say that the good players just wait until their buddies are on to do tournaments and the sub par team players are in the “play now” group? I have done 2 tournaments with some guys but as being college students at different schools, it isn’t very easy. Idk, a game I just did was 4 thieves, 2 mesmers, and 2 guardians on opposing team. They had my team pinned at their base. I just left.

in PvP

Posted by: Shalashaska.4803

Shalashaska.4803

thieves are probably the least op class in the game. I go over for probably 3-4 hrs a day trying to find a build to beat another class because some guy figured out how to use them and makes it impossible for me to beat. Threads like this are very annoying.