% of competitive matches do you get to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

First of all, it does not matter if its a win or a loss. I’d like to see your opinions/experiences about this issue. So what percentage of your matches are blowouts or meaningless due to other causes such as DCs, AFKers, etc.? And how many matches do you get when your performance actually matters and can influence the outcome in any meaningful way? I’d say its 50-50 for me. Which is actually really bad. But I still want to check if I’m just a whiner or is GW2 pvp really not so competitive…

enthusiastic noob

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

You might also be interested in:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Statistics-on-your-last-10-games/

All in all I second your opinion: most ranked matches this season I won, and most of them would not have been much different if I performed significantly worse.
So I rarely got a feeling of ‘carrying’ my team, 1 or 2 times I rather felt carried myself.
But occasionally there are still challenging and fun matchups that are decided by 2 seconds on a beastkill.

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Of the matches I played I think 3 were actually close fun games. The rest were just boring

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Most matches are really unbalanced. Here is how I classify them:

If losing team has at least 400 point: A good game. Probably was random luck
If losing team has 250-400 points: Disappointing, but the matchmaking guy was very focused on foosball in the office instead. Understandable.
If the losing team has <250 points: The matchmaking guy was too busy trying to find his desk at work and didn’t spend any time on finding too matches.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Was no different in season one. Although I think people have different opinions on competitve matches. I personally think any match that starts out fairly close and stay close awhile is competitve even if the score ends up being 300-350ish or so to 500.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

After the hundreds of threads and thousands of responses on this topic do you really need to ask? At this point everyone just sounds like a broken record.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

In my opinion, I get maybe 80% of my matches as ones I consider competitive. However I only consider matches to not be competitive when I thought that the losing team never had any chance to make a comeback, meaning that I could lose 500-150 but at one point in that game be 480-100 down and have a 3 cap at that point and consider the match competitive because when I had that 3 cap I would have had a genuine belief that I could make a comeback, same goes for the enemy team.
As far as score goes, looking at my last 10 games only 3 of them had the losing team not even reach 200 points but for many of those 10 games I was playing mesmer which I have only started playing recently because I am learning the class so I would have been less useful than usual to my team even though I was still trying my hardest to win.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: MoVitae.2417

MoVitae.2417

I kept track of 100 consecutive games of solo queue conquest in Emerald division (while I was stuck at 0.2 win ratio) and 42% had a score ratio of less than 3 to 1 for the winning team (which I consider a good indicator of potential challenge). Many of those were still unchallenging (felt subjectively unwinnable for one of the teams) so I would say less than 33% for that particular hundred games. However, since I started grouping up before queuing, the number of close games has drastically improved and so has the % of challenging games.

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Yeah….last 10 games. 1 competitive match.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

90% of my matches are blow outs ( team not getting above 100 points)
but then my MMR was tanked ages ago and am in MMR Hell – season was over several weeks ago