perma 33% reduced healing

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

as the title says, currently it seems like i’m perma poisoned, i can spam all the condi removals in the world but i’m always poisoned, playing my bunker i found this to be extremely irritating, i remember gw1 where reduced healing was through “deep wound” which was a pretty rare condition.

i play a cleansing ire warrior with shrug it off, berserker stance, purity and generosity sigils and i still seem to be perma poisoned no matter how often i get rid of it!

is it intended that 33% reduced healing is constantly spammed all over? (several auto attacks even apply it)

what is everyone’s views on the spammability of healing reduction?
should it be less frequent?

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Hell no. If it was a guard/ele/engi combo would be un-killable.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

That is the point of poison, to reduce healing. Non-damaging effects of conditions are already relatively weak compared to the comparable boon.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I agree that poison is too easily maintained, but then again, several healing abilities could use a nerf too.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I am sure szepter necros are supposed to have an easy time in getting perma poison on thier targets. I mean why else put it on the autoattack then.

in PvP

Liewec.2896

im not saying all poison must go, by i’m permanently -33% healing no matter where or what char, it should be a decision to reduce healing like it was with Deep Strike in GW1,
having auto attacks spam it is just ridiculous…

in PvP

Muchacho.2390

Dont use healing signet but a heal on activation and cleanse and los before you use your healing skill. Then it is not that hard…

in PvP

Liewec.2896

Dont use healing signet but a heal on activation and cleanse and los before you use your healing skill. Then it is not that hard…

like i said, the moment you remove it you’ll get it right back, i’d specced to remove alot of conditions but its impossible to get rid of it since its so spammable.

in PvP

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

The only build I found guilty of this was a horrible, horrible cheese ranger build with Axe/torch and Sword/dagger. I think.

This guy spammed evades and condi’s with using survial to get condi clears and healing… it was terrible, he re-applies condi’s so fast by just spamming it that I was legit perma poisoned on a medi guard. This was in arranged duels in a guild arena so I saw how he played and all it was, was mashing buttons.

My opinion, poison should be on a longer cooldown so that you can apply it for a long duration but if cleansed you can’t just trollface and intantly re-apply it.

in PvP

Muchacho.2390

like i said, the moment you remove it you’ll get it right back, i’d specced to remove alot of conditions but its impossible to get rid of it since its so spammable.

Not if you los…

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

The poison is very necessary to take out the ridiculous amountof healing bunker build currently in the game. Poison is one of the ways to manage warriors.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

If there weren’t so many warriors, there would probably be less poison.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i think poison is fine as it is.

we warriors have heavy armor and highest health pool, good health regeneration, good useful stances, nice condition cleansing etc while certain professions have easy access to applying poison condition.

in PvP

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

I specifically carry poison sigil (sigil of doom, on weapon swap) for warriors. They simply take too long to take down (if at all) otherwise. This is from a mesmer point of view running phantasm/zerker build.

in PvP

Liewec.2896

we warriors have heavy armor and highest health pool, good health regeneration, good useful stances, nice condition cleansing etc while certain professions have easy access to applying poison condition.

thats true, but i’ve been playing a warrior bunker and i can tank any damage the enemy can throw at me, but then a class comes along that has poison on their auto attack and i just crumble,

surely poison should be a tactical skill, your enemy should decide to reduce your healing, it shouldn’t just be complementary while they mindlessly spam auto attacks.
i have so many skillful players attacking me and the one that kills me is the mindless auto attack spammer, its just wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

thats true, but i’ve been playing a warrior bunker and i can tank any damage the enemy can throw at me, but then a class comes along that has poison on their auto attack and i just crumble,

surely poison should be a tactical skill, your enemy should decide to reduce your healing, it shouldn’t just be complementary while they mindlessly spam auto attacks.
i have so many skillful players attacking me and the one that kills me is the mindless auto attack spammer, its just wrong.

Funny, most non-warriors would say the same thing about actually using their healing skill. Ironic.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Asking for changes to this game that increase required skill (timing poison, or more conditionals on skills, or less instant-procs, or less reward for just mindless spam) is just pointless at this point. Power creep has introduced way too much cancer, and the doctors are way to slow in prescribing any treatments to effectively treat the disease. Expect it to get worse before it finally dies.

in PvP

Liewec.2896

Funny, most non-warriors would say the same thing about actually using their healing skill. Ironic.

well the problem goes for any condi removal on any class,
the moment you remove poison you’ll get it right back again since there are way to many skills that spam it.
i even tried using Mending instead of healing sig, adding 3 condi removals to sigil of generosity, sigil of purity, shrug it off, cleansing ire and signet of stamina.

but no matter how many condi removals you bring, perma poison is just everywhere…

in PvP

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

i even tried using Mending instead of healing sig

You need to use Frenzy alongside Mending to be a good Warrior.

“Deep Wound” wasn’t the only thing with the -heal% effect.

Deep Wound (in my experience) was mainly used in helping to spike down targets asap, due to the large and sudden health loss it caused. The -heal% was still nice but.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Healing#Modifiers_that_affect_the_healed
Necromancer – 3 Hexes
Ranger – 1 spirit (affected allies/enemies)
Assassin – 1 Hex

Lingering Curse was a real pain in the backside. That nostalgia trip, what a great game.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

Right, and the moment you come out of LoS its back on again, or do you just hide in the corner somewhere hoping to never be touched.

Now lets address the other bit that makes no sense. Cleanse, so how do you do that? Its easy on a warrior sure, but other classes have to make choices, sometimes they have only 1, and necro can keep poison on you 24/7 no issues. So can a thief now that I think about it. LoS and keep cleansing all day long with skills that no one has.

Oh and I suspect a “dodge” it will be coming as well, them infinite dodges the forum warlords talk about oh so often.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Most poison applications were reduced last patch. To remove it more takes away the teeth of condition/attrition builds. As it is kindly put in most games, “The best debuff is death.” If you want the poison to stop, eliminate the person repeating it on you. This is where playing a bunker has its risk rewards. You maybe able to tank onslaughts of physical damage, but you lack the power to eliminate quickly those who are undermining your bunker build. To be fair if you are running the stated condition removal you are..then it is more than just spam that is getting you..they are targeting you each time they see you remove it. All is fair in love and war.

in PvP

Liewec.2896

Lingering Curse was a real pain in the backside.

indeed! and thats why it was an elite
Poison in Gw2 is pretty much lingering curse with a greater effect (33% instead of 20%) and its all over the place, even some auto attacks.

imho they should go back to the GW1 method,
keep poison as a damage condition but separate the reduced healing and only put it on some utility skills so it has to be a conscious decision to use it, not just spammed over.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

The reality is that healing/bunker builds are too strong without spammable poison to keep their healing down. Even with poison, regen/healing is too strong. Warriors especially can reach 900+ hps.

If we’re going to keep comparing this game to GW1, let’s keep in mind that not every class could bunker + heal to full hp in GW1. I’m currently running a cleric siphon necro with wells and it takes at least 3 people to take me down in s/tpvp. I usually go the entire match without being killed once. Every class except thief can do the same thing.

This game NEEDS spammable poison or a huge nerf to healing/regen builds. Personally, I’d prefer if all passive healing (regen boon included) were nerfed by 20% and poison was made less spammable. Spammable conditions and passive healing are two of the major things wrong with s/tPVP.

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Lingering Curse was a real pain in the backside.

indeed! and thats why it was an elite
Poison in Gw2 is pretty much lingering curse with a greater effect (33% instead of 20%) and its all over the place, even some auto attacks.

imho they should go back to the GW1 method,
keep poison as a damage condition but separate the reduced healing and only put it on some utility skills so it has to be a conscious decision to use it, not just spammed over.

Yup that can happen but at the same time warrior hs and condition management would have to be nerfed. Hs only fine atm due to the fact it is manageable with poison.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

While I agree that stuff like this should tactical, many parts of this game are no longer ‘tactical’ anyway. Just look at warrior stuff itself. Their passive heal is still pretty strong until conditions are applied such as poison, and many of the classes who use it dont have the burst to kill many classes without it. In the case of necro they recently lost their highest DPS auto attack (which is good, because auto attack burning is a bit crazy with that duration) and a few bleeds. You already have cleansing ire which has strong removal and removal gets even stronger when people work in groups with guardians and eles. It took this long for automated response to finally get nerfed also even though that was also a ‘nontactical’ sustain mechanic.

What you are asking for is another answer to someone else’s answer to your high sustain. Until sustain is reduced across the board, making poison uptime less will not only shift said classes farther away from being played, but also create even more bunker play than we already have.

You have the CC for one or two of those classes to knock them completely out of existence of a fight. Use it because most ranger and necro builds dont carry enough stuff breaks to deal with lots of CC (although it may take a daze before getting the ranger to stand still long enough to be CC locked).

Tl;Dr: This is pot calling kettle black. both of you have possible passive/highly effective active play mechanics that are influenced by the sheer existence of the other one. the Question is sustain. Their answer is healing debuff. Your answer should be CC debuff. If they can’t cast, you are not perma poisoned. Focus them, take them off the map. And I am not asking you to dodge. I am a necro, so I know what its like to have maybe 2-3 dodges only. Until the sustain game is rebalanced, attacking poison right away in a patch beforehand will just bring this game closer to unplayable because some spec will literally be unkillable (ie: the luckily never seen Apothecary warrior with 900+hp/s). Best you can do until then is pop zerker stance when going in for the kill because they lack most hard CCs that can go through it.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

(edited by Loyo.8526)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

So let me understand… we are currently in a tanky meta and your solution is to make it even more tanky? No thanks.