placing is off

placing is off

in PvP

Posted by: brazenchick.4891

brazenchick.4891

PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO ROTATE. i got placed in gold. i know i am better than these people. i should be platinum at the very least if not legendary. anyways i see all the players making mistakes that i never would. for example i can read the map and respawns really well. the others in gold cannot…so many games i went home to defend against ONE person and 3 came from the mid to help me out…multiple multiple times. i ofc run off to mid but by the time i get there its already taken by the enemy team. i tell them not to OVERrotate like that….it happens again. this happens in every game im in. not to mention ill see guards or necros with no escape abilities go far. yes going far is a viable strategy if you are losing mid and off respawn..but they tend to sit there an get killed by ghe incoming respawns even though im screaming at them to watch out for respawns.

secondly everyone im placed with tends to lose the 1v1s they are in. pretty much everybody…while im on another node winning 2v1s.

thirdly i won 8 games and lost 2 in the placement games…my placement was gold, ive seen other players with the same ratio getting platinum. the 10 game placement is flawed.

this season is above and beyond the worst yet.

placing is off

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well placement will always be random. I just joined 4 games (8/10 played so far) and lost all 4. Because of course. Not a chance. Did ~25% of the teams damage every round so didnt lag behind, but nope. With completely random players you’d imagine that at least one game some carrying player would have joined your team instead of 2-3 on the other side every godkitten game. That’s gonna do wonders for my rank placement.

But you know what? I dont give a flying kitten. This is no different from how kittenty random sPvP have been for almost 5 years now.

placing is off

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I don’t think there’s a way to make a system that prevents you from having horrible players on your team at the start of a season, or even throughout the season. As long as bad players can be paired with good ones, those good ones will carry them and they’ll unrightfully advance. Worse yet is a bad player you can’t carry, who ends up unrightfully dragging you down to their level.

In my opinion, the solution is to improve players themselves. This can be done by requiring a higher rank to join Ranked PvP. Rank 20 is too easy and doesn’t take any time to achieve. Rank 40 might be ok. You can adjust it to whatever you like.

Requiring a certain amount of unranked games could be helpful too. Hotjoin only teaches players what Conquest/Stronghold is about and helps them understand their profession/spec better, but it does not help them become good at Conquest or their profession, certainly not good enough for ranked. I suggest making this character based instead of account based, so that someone who is experienced at one profession, can’t just swap to one they’ve never played in ranked or even unranked.

An additional idea to help players understand the game better is an improved tutorial system. Make sure a player can defeat all the sparring NPCs before joining ranked. You could make a daily challenge where you need to defeat each NPC one after the other while defending a point, and if they win the point, you have to try again. Or maybe the challenge should be to take the point from the NPCs. This could involve a gold reward and maybe some Shards of Glory. You get a bigger reward if the point was never decapped.

Ranked should be for those who are truly prepared. If you can’t even rotate well in unranked, you shouldn’t be doing ranked. Players can still get rewards in unranked, but if they want the bigger rewards, they need to learn to play and go through the requirements before even being allowed to join ranked.

So, to help ensure that players are better prepared for ranked games and help the better players not be placed with those who have no idea what they’re doing, you can do the following:

- Increase rank requirement to 40.
- Require x amount of unranked games played on a specific character. Nothing too high, but nothing too low either of course.
- Improve tutorial system and make it more in depth.

Ranked PvP should have requirements. Without them, any inexperienced player can join and drag down those who don’t deserve to be dragged down. This will also help create a more competitive environment. There’s no competition in beating a terrible player, just like there isn’t any in being terrible and being forced to fight significantly better ones.

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

placing is off

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

I just park myself at mid or in-between mid/home if teammates are running around. Ask for help / incoming when need be.

Player awareness is still “off” here in T1 / T2 gold. But at least competent not to have they typical noob pitfalls.

Except for those who straight up qq after losing the first skirmish… ugh.

For those placement matches I thought I was screwed, only winning 4 of 10. I was placed in high t3 Silver. And players were more competent than normal (vs unranked). So uh win win?

Playing at this division is enjoyable so no complaints >.> You still get a show with some teammates/players yelling at each other tho…

placing is off

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

They don’t know how to gauge player skill. They made a system for premades then implemented it for randoms. Just wait until next season and hope you get better luck during placement matches.

placing is off

in PvP

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Look at the bright side, you should have easy wins from now on, therefore get these rewards faster. If not, maybe you are not as good as you thought.