please anet buff turrets eng

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

/flame !!!
I play ele and eng from a long time. I don’t play turrets eng but i think anet should buff this build . The reason is simple :
– a condi eng or a celestial eng with nades can kill you spamming nades and condi from far
– a staff ele can kill you , a s/f ele can kill you , a d/f ele can kill you , a d/d ele with gs or frostbow can kill you (any ele with frostbow should can kill you )
– an hambow can kill you
– a condi mesmer can kill you
– a condi ranger can kill you
– a pew pew ranger , can kill you if you don’t have reflect on turrets .
– a condi necro i suppose can kill you
– probably there are many other builds that can kill you if played correctly ..
In my opinion this build is not so OP … so they should buff it.

in PvP

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

/flame !!!
I play ele and eng from a long time. I don’t play turrets eng but i think anet should buff this build . The reason is simple :
– a condi eng or a celestial eng with nades can kill you spamming nades and condi from far
– a staff ele can kill you , a s/f ele can kill you , a d/f ele can kill you , a d/d ele with gs or frostbow can kill you (any ele with frostbow should can kill you )
– an hambow can kill you
a condi mesmer can kill you
a condi ranger can kill you
– a pew pew ranger , can kill you if you don’t have reflect on turrets .
a condi necro i suppose can kill you
– probably there are many other builds that can kill you if played correctly ..
In my opinion this build is not so OP … so they should buff it.

As a condi-Mesmer, I disagree. Of course I can kill you IF I’m playing smarter than you, but that means I have to (successfully) fight you while being out of range of your turrets, which is kinda hard to do xD. I also can’t actually destroy your turrets, because I lack the power to do so in a reasonable amount of time. This is most likely true for every condition build.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Wait, what? The logic is this: “I can die in this game in a 1v1, so I should get a buff!”

Everything you need to know about turret engis

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

It takes forever to kill a turret engi as a mesmer and we have to do it way off the pt . So sure I can kill a turret engi after like 1000 yrs, in the mean time you just earned 100+ pts for your team and I have done jack all for mine. And if you call help at all I have to run off …

in PvP

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

It takes forever to kill a turret engi as a mesmer and we have to do it way off the pt . So sure I can kill a turret engi after like 1000 yrs, in the mean time you just earned 100+ pts for your team and I have done jack all for mine. And if you call help at all I have to run off …

This is exactly why people have a problem with engineers, at least turret ones.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

And how is this any different than a bunk warrior or guardian? Just because people can or can’t kill them in 1v1 doesn’t mean the class needs a buff or nerf.

People want to nerf them for being an easy class.
People want them buffed because Tournaments are very hard to win with them; you can easily outplay and counter Turret Engis.

They’re not OP and they don’t need a buff. Pretty sure original poster posted this thread out of satire.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

edgarallanpwn.8739

And how is this any different than a bunk warrior or guardian? Just because people can or can’t kill them in 1v1 doesn’t mean the class needs a buff or nerf.

People want them buffed because Tournaments are very hard to win with them; you can easily outplay and counter Turret Engis.

They’re not OP and they don’t need a buff. Pretty sure original poster posted this thread out of satire.

Bunks don’t need to run around and do nothing.

and “balanced” for tournament play where everyone is a god and knows what theyre doing for the .01% of the population, doesnt affect the other 99% of players. Most often times in terms of balance majority rules.

people complain because of how easy it is to be good with a turret eng and afk. Turret eng players even stated this.

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Mesmers need some buffs, not turrent Engineers, if anything they need a major nerf bat hit for sure.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

and “balanced” for tournament play where everyone is a god and knows what theyre doing for the .01% of the population, doesnt affect the other 99% of players. Most often times in terms of balance majority rules.

people complain because of how easy it is to be good with a turret eng and afk. Turret eng players even stated this.

We shouldn’t nerf or buff something by how “easy” or “hard” a class is.
I think Wars and Rangers are an incredibly easy class to play, I wouldn’t dare nerf them.
I think Thieves is a very hard class to play. I wouldn’t dare buff them.

If we listened to the 99% of bad players, everything would be incredibly imbalanced.
-Stealth wouldn’t exist, making thieves and mesmers crappy.
-Ranger’s pewpew would be nerfed
-Fire/Air sigs will be nerfed and thieves will be forced to go condi.
-Players will QQ about more Condi classes
-Condi gets nerfed, Players QQ about Zerker Burst damage…
-Zerks gets nerfed, now Cele and Bunkers are OP
The cycle goes on… creating even bigger issues than before.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

If you can’t kill Turret engi as Mesmer(PU/Power) then I suggest to reroll something else.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

edgarallanpwn.8739

We shouldn’t nerf or buff something by how “easy” or “hard” a class is.
I think Wars and Rangers are an incredibly easy class to play, I wouldn’t dare nerf them.
I think Thieves is a very hard class to play. I wouldn’t dare buff them.

If we listened to the 99% of bad players, everything would be incredibly imbalanced.
-Stealth wouldn’t exist, making thieves and mesmers crappy.
-Ranger’s pewpew would be nerfed
-Fire/Air sigs will be nerfed and thieves will be forced to go condi.
-Players will QQ about more Condi classes
-Condi gets nerfed, Players QQ about Zerker Burst damage…
-Zerks gets nerfed, now Cele and Bunkers are OP
The cycle goes on… creating even bigger issues than before.

Obviously within reason. But you also forget the other part of that argument. If something is hated by 99% of the community, and it isn’t changed, then you lose your playerbase. Now nothing is ever THAT one sided, but it happens enough that developers will see that enough people have complained, check the values, see if its true, and make changes AS NEEDED, or depending on the company, As they feel will keep their playerbase. If 75% of the people have a problem with x abilitys dmg etc, and 25% don’t, are they going to lose out on the 75? or the 25?

You forget companies are still business related. Now 1 change wont cause everyone to leave etc etc, but enough over time definitely kills it for people.

in PvP

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

and “balanced” for tournament play where everyone is a god and knows what theyre doing for the .01% of the population, doesnt affect the other 99% of players. Most often times in terms of balance majority rules

All PvP games are balanced around the top 1000 or so players

in PvP

edgarallanpwn.8739

and “balanced” for tournament play where everyone is a god and knows what theyre doing for the .01% of the population, doesnt affect the other 99% of players. Most often times in terms of balance majority rules

Er what. No you have it backwards. They balance around the majority of the players, but don’t make changes until after major events due to Publicity.

LoL is a key offender here. They hold out on needed nerfs (that they obv make because they know they need to) but wont do it before championships or tourneys or major events to make any major changes going through that could mess up what people are used to.

It’s not balanced based on them, its balanced AROUND them.

the top 1000 players can make a kittenty champ be good, and make an even better champ shine. that’s why they’re top 1000.

Basing your system off extreme variables is a horrible system destined to fail, which is why nobody does it.

in PvP

Mayama.1854

Er what. No you have it backwards. They balance around the majority of the players, but don’t make changes until after major events due to Publicity.

LoL is a key offender here. They hold out on needed nerfs (that they obv make because they know they need to) but wont do it before championships or tourneys or major events to make any major changes going through that could mess up what people are used to.

It’s not balanced based on them, its balanced AROUND them.

the top 1000 players can make a kittenty champ be good, and make an even better champ shine. that’s why they’re top 1000.

Basing your system off extreme variables is a horrible system destined to fail, which is why nobody does it.

nope every moba and mmorpg pvp is balanced around the top players

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

If you can’t kill Turret engi as Mesmer(PU/Power) then I suggest to reroll something else.

Condi shatter beat thems as well, actually many builds beat them maybe not all the just look up and pick up meta builds but hey everything as a counter. I won’t deny that out of all thief’s builds the power ones do poorly vs turrets, condis are another thing , I mean come on LB ranger is almost immune to it and perfectly helps counter them in team fights. That’s why people swap char, you have no idea what will be with and against you,if you have the chance might as well take it. I got 3 thieves once,instant switch imo.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The point is that all builds should beat turret engineers easily. Also, whatever build I am playing should beat all other builds. Anything that doesn’t stand there and let me autoattack is op.

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Definitely not. DotA2 actually uses both the general public AND competitive scene to rebalance many of its heroes. While the competitive scene is often the reason for a nerf/tweaks, the public scene is the testing ground for a complete restructure of a hero’s abilities. All new heroes or heroes with new abilities is based on average player’s feedback before allowing them into the captain’s draft (competitive) mode. Sometimes heroes are buffed/nerfed solely on basis of the hero is played too often (or not enough) from statistics.

(edited by Akikaze.1307)

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

If you are a turret engi and dying to condi classes then you might as well uninstall the game, legit. Turret engi should completely kitten on condi classes in 9/10 situations.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If AFK means moving away from the points as far as possible so that enemy players can get a free cap, then I guess every class can do that.

If you mean engi can bunk, then those eng players never really played turret engi and made stuff up.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

If you are a turret engi and dying to condi classes then you might as well uninstall the game, legit. Turret engi should completely kitten on condi classes in 9/10 situations.

That seems like a very uninformed statement to me. It is well known that engineers are weak against conditions period.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in PvP

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

^ this guy lol. have you even played recently? yes almost all engy builds are weak to condis but there is one that can survive for several minutes vs condi opponents, can you guess wich one it is????

prolly not xD

in PvP

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

^ this guy lol. have you even played recently? yes almost all engy builds are weak to condis but there is one that can survive for several minutes vs condi opponents, can you guess wich one it is????

prolly not xD

Seems interesting because you do not know of one either. Otherwise you would have listed it. How many hours do you have on said build? How did you fare with it yourself?

in PvP

Posted by: Lexiceta.4156

Lexiceta.4156

Yes, they need help, they should have a trait that solves their mobility problem, prehaps something like spirits unbound, so that turrets can follow them.

in PvP

Lifestealer.4910

prolly not xD

Seems interesting because you do not know of one either. Otherwise you would have listed it. How many hours do you have on said build? How did you fare with it yourself?

Actually his right, turret build is the most resilient to condition. Turrets aren’t effected by condi and the engineer himself has extremely high health which can easily stall long enough to make use of healing turret multiple times per engagement.

Also it was obvious, he did not need to list it. But I guess obvious is not so obvious to some people…

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

prolly not xD

Actually his right, turret build is the most resilient to condition. Turrets aren’t effected by condi and the engineer himself has extremely high health which can easily stall long enough to make use of healing turret multiple times per engagement.

Also it was obvious, he did not need to list it. But I guess obvious is not so obvious to some people…

In his defense, it’s not a simple yes/no answer.
Yes engis are susceptible to conditions. Not all condi builds can take on a turret engi 1v1. The better condi players can but it can take awhile.

You’re all right in a way, here’s a waffle #<(‘-’<)

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

The only thing I can do on condi shatter Mesmer if a turret Engi has made himself comfortable on a point, is to hope my staff clones can put enough pressure on him to get him low (which takes quite long anyway). If he’s low, I’ll go in and try to burst him down with shatters and then stomp before I die. However, during all that time, their team has the point and I could be helping somewhere else. Also plenty of time for him to get help. I can’t kill the turrets and I can’t go on point for more than like 5-10 seconds or so because I will die. Really; all the Engi has to do is to have his turrets between him and me/my clones and I’ll likely never manage to kill him. Luckily, not all turret Engis actually play well enough, so I sometimes manage to kill them more quickly. It’s still very risky for me, though.

Now there’s definitely classes/builds that do better. Pewpew Rangers for example should pretty much hard-counter turret Engis. Power-based Mesmers would also do better; assuming they use a GS.

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Maybe they could remove some rarely used traits and give them a katyusha rocket turret for more burst. Or a high caliber MG turret with armor piercing rounds to have better damage against heavily armored targets like guards and warriors. And a missile defence laser turret to offer protection against longbow ranger rapid fire.

in PvP

Lifestealer.4910

prolly not xD

In his defense, it’s not a simple yes/no answer.
Yes engis are susceptible to conditions. Not all condi builds can take on a turret engi 1v1. The better condi players can but it can take awhile.

You’re all right in a way, here’s a waffle #<(‘-’<)

The real question is which condi build can actually take on turret build?..

I have personally played the turret build and it certainly does not lose to condimancer, terrormancer, condi ranger, condi engineer or condi warriors on point. In fact I would go out as to say that necromancer in general would get completely demolished by turret build most of the time.

Condi engineer is also not much of an issue, all it takes is one lucky rocket turret knockdown while their elixer S is down and its GG for them.

So that leaves condi ranger which I think would fare better than the other two classes, the thing is does the typical meta condi ranger bring enough stability to even fight on point for more than 10 seconds against an turret build?

If we were go to zerk builds I know that zerk staff ele is definitely the biggest counter, but thats only one and its complete death sentence to play that build in 99% of the matches because of thieves and mesmers. Zerker lb rangers and any warrior builds are usually easy to deal with as a turret engi. Even if lb ranger is pew pewing off in the distance, all i need to do is make use of reflect bubble rotation to not only protect myself but also apply lots of pressure onto the lb ranger. Warriors pre nerf even played by some of the top players couldn’t beat my turret build at their home point so I doubt now they fare any better.

This is all from my experience which completely differs from what the forum says about turret engis “weaknesses”.

in PvP

Mayama.1854

Definitely not. DotA2 actually uses both the general public AND competitive scene to rebalance many of its heroes. While the competitive scene is often the reason for a nerf/tweaks, the public scene is the testing ground for a complete restructure of a hero’s abilities. All new heroes or heroes with new abilities is based on average player’s feedback before allowing them into the captain’s draft (competitive) mode. Sometimes heroes are buffed/nerfed solely on basis of the hero is played too often (or not enough) from statistics.

Every buff, nerv in dota1 /2 is made with an eye on the competitive scene. You even said it yourself without realizing it. Every hero in dota is only alowed into captains mode if its ready for the competitive scene.