please no kylo in tournament map rotation

in PvP

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

treb is annoying for both sides. please either make it similar to the cannon on capricorn in that you have to pick up ammo in order to use it or remove it from the rotation.

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

hope you are trolling.
It is great map, one of the best!
Evade Treb is easy so don’t really see any problem there.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBeedon.6031

TheBeedon.6031

I think khylo is pretty fantastic how it is. The treb is great.

Aypak – Anvil Rock NA
Officer of Warlords of Anvil Rock [WAR]

in PvP

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I really hate Khylo, but thats probably only because I play necro, who has no vigor, only two dodge rolls, and no mobility to speak of to get out of the way.

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Posted by: Earthmonkey.4326

Earthmonkey.4326

Kyhlo is a classic, it’s easily one of the best maps in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

I really hate Khylo, but thats probably only because I play necro, who has no vigor, only two dodge rolls, and no mobility to speak of to get out of the way.

Necro aswell:
You can easily jump inside clocktower from both poits
You can easily kill ppl in clocktower(after treb has destroyd wall in there).
You can set marks on ppl in the window from below.
You can set mark to middle from the tunnel (below clocktower point)

It is very fun map ,even as necro

in PvP

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Necro aswell:
You can easily jump inside clocktower from both poits
You can easily kill ppl in clocktower(after treb has destroyd wall in there).
You can set marks on ppl in the window from below.
You can set mark to middle from the tunnel (below clocktower point)

It is very fun map ,even as necro

Getting into the clock tower was never an issue.
Also not an issue.
How are you capping/decapping point from the windows?
Again, how are you capping/decapping point from the tunnel?

Clock tower isn’t the only thing that gets trebbed either. If you’re not on point, you’re doing it wrong unless you’ve got a bunker you’re protecting/supporting in which case, yeah sure.

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Khylo is by far my favorite map.

in PvP

Posted by: Danto.6748

Danto.6748

Khylo is a great map I agree. Although there are some problems with it, like for example:

1. the fact that you sometimes can’t hear the Treb shooting
2. sometimes you get hit while being in the air dodging
3. sometimes it simply explodes in the air and you get hit because it was too early to dodge

It’s been like this since August <3 eSportsyoloswagmlgscope420 <3

[TCG] Danto – Gaurdian

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Khylo is a great map I agree. Although there are some problems with it, like for example:

3. sometimes it simply explodes in the air and you get hit because it was too early to dodge

If you get hit in the air dodging it means you haven’t actually dodged yet, you just have lag. To an observer you would not have dodged yet, it’s incredibly frustrating.

I also have problems with the treb not sounding, also sometimes it’s extremely quiet. Today I had 4 treb shots in a row I had no chance of dodging due to the sound going extremely quiet.

I’ve never seen it explode in the air, are you referring to when it just hits the inside of the wall and explodes? That does give the appearance of exploding mid-air when it doesn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

and sometimes you dont even see the animation, i just die without seeing huge explosion as usually, its broken in whole game, when something is casted when you are not looking and then you look, it doesnt show, happen to me sometimes in Kyhlo, happen to me almost always in Jade Sea fractal, not sure if somewhere else…

similiar is problem with stealth, animation dont play for you when enemy is in stealth and it starts to play from begin of animation when he leave the stealth, thats obviously a mess, you get stomped after 0,5sec of stomping animation because he already did it in stealth and you didnt see it i hope you understand, he should be mid air stomping while leaving stealth, but the animation just begins from start after leaving stealth instead of being in the same state as real animation is

(edited by MaXi.3642)

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Well, they removed Spirit Watch because some people did not like it and whined. But there are other people that like Spirit Watch but don’t like Kyhlo. So it would only be fair also to remove Kyhlo.

Same for other maps.

Remove all the maps… or leave all the maps.

I think best solution would be if we just could chose the map we want to play(make different queues for each map).

My personal map ranking:

1. Temple of the Silent Storm [different buffs = more different locations you need to cover = more fun, less zerging]
(2. Spirit Watch) [could be improved a little bit]
3. Nifhel [I don’t like the NPCs and kill stealing… still a nice map and better than most of the others]
4. Kyhlo [Trebuchet is annoying and the mid clocktower area, but still playable]
5. Foefire [Too big, needs 8 vs. 8, too many idiots running to enemy lord at the beginning with no communication and letting others cap points, too many zerging in the big mid area – not fun… feels more like a deathmatch and I don’t like deathmatches]
6. Capricorn [don’t know… never played it that much because it isn’t in tournament… but underwater is crappy and there are crappy sharks.

I don’t need 4-6. So bring back Spirit Watch and remove Foefire and Kyhlo… or at least Foefire.

in PvP

Posted by: Maylo.5892

Maylo.5892

Well, they removed Spirit Watch because some people did not like it and whined. But there are other people that like Spirit Watch but don’t like Kyhlo. So it would only be fair also to remove Kyhlo.

Same for other maps.

Remove all the maps… or leave all the maps.

I think best solution would be if we just could chose the map we want to play(make different queues for each map).

My personal map ranking:

1. Temple of the Silent Storm [different buffs = more different locations you need to cover = more fun, less zerging]
(2. Spirit Watch) [could be improved a little bit]
3. Nifhel [I don’t like the NPCs and kill stealing… still a nice map and better than most of the others]
4. Kyhlo [Trebuchet is annoying and the mid clocktower area, but still playable]
5. Foefire [Too big, needs 8 vs. 8, too many idiots running to enemy lord at the beginning with no communication and letting others cap points, too many zerging in the big mid area – not fun… feels more like a deathmatch and I don’t like deathmatches]
6. Capricorn [don’t know… never played it that much because it isn’t in tournament… but underwater is crappy and there are crappy sharks.

I don’t need 4-6. So bring back Spirit Watch and remove Foefire and Kyhlo… or at least Foefire.

There is a reason, why was Spirit Watch removed from the rotation. Niflhel, Foefire and Kyhlo are in the game from the very start, so they are most stable and less buggy. Spirit Watch, as the newest map had and still has a lot of issues, like no orb spawning or capping points with orb without scoring it. I like Spirit Watch too but it is much worse then any other map now, except Capripopcorn..

Mr Maylo
Rank #1 Life

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

But there are people who want to play it. From the start already in the other thread people suggested “fixes” to their “map rotation” only tuesday and friday and until now they did not change anything.

How hard can it be to implement some arrow buttons so you can chose the map?

in PvP

Posted by: Danto.6748

Danto.6748

If you get hit in the air dodging it means you haven’t actually dodged yet, you just have lag. To an observer you would not have dodged yet, it’s incredibly frustrating.

I also have problems with the treb not sounding, also sometimes it’s extremely quiet. Today I had 4 treb shots in a row I had no chance of dodging due to the sound going extremely quiet.

I’ve never seen it explode in the air, are you referring to when it just hits the inside of the wall and explodes? That does give the appearance of exploding mid-air when it doesn’t.

Mainly happens on side points from what I saw. It simply explodes way before it hits the ground and before you would be meant to dodge.

[TCG] Danto – Gaurdian

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Khylo is the best map IMO, and I am a necro.

Treb is the best secondary mechanic by a mile. Far better than mixing PvE NPCs into the PvP environment (which give too much favor to mobility and bursting) and more balanced than Orbs (which favor mobility far too much) and the Buffs on temple (which there are just kind of silly in general).

in PvP

Posted by: Kitcat.1739

Kitcat.1739

Wait, they removed Spirit Watch?! And they….they kept this fdsjflkajdf;slsfjdsklfjs map KYHLO?!!!!!

I think I need to go throw something. Preferably a hissy fit.

“Premade”
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

The orb on Spirit Watch is often not spawning. I wouldn’t be surprised if they removed it from the tournament rotation until that is fixed.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

I like the idea of having to move ammo to use the treb.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

It’s a solid map. It essentially has a mechanic that can help break up a bunked point, which leads to off point plays to nullify that mechanic. The side points are not far from the mid fight, which means you have to be very aware of back caps by a mobile class. There’s a lot of strategy to the map, and a lot of ways to approach playing it depending on your team comp. Very fun in a competitive match up.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Just be glad there’s no capricorn. I’ll forgive everything else.

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Kyhlo is great, but there is one huge issue.
A mesmer is absolutely necessary to repair the treb.
I have no idea why you do not drop the kit when entering a portal, it’s ridiculous.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Every map change I will hear someone complain they hate it.

However, I like all the maps besides capricorn underwater fights.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

I like the idea of having to move ammo to use the treb.

dude! we used to play together haha! you’re still on my friends list

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Khylo is literally the only map they got right. Just remove the portal+repair kit mechanic.

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

Khylo is my favorite as well. The trebuchet is a legit side mechanic. It can be devastating or it can hinder your team based on the other teams strategy. I think most teams use the trebuchet now but I remember a time when teams, like TP, didn’t use it so they could play 5v4 on points because they were confident in their teams ability to dodge it.