-1 pip and try harder next time !

if your team win:
+1 both teams of players have similar MMR
+2 other team have a bit more slightly higher MMR players
+3 other team have even more higher MMR players
+4 other team have much more higher MMR players
+5 other team have really much more higher MMR players

discuss !

otherwise, using s1 match making is just pure kitten.

edit:
perhaps i was not very clear in my first post. the extra pips +2 ~ +5 are only awarded if your team won a fight against a team with more players that are higher MMR than your team.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

Discussed&dismissed!

Attachments:

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

That would cause premades and tourney players sit in 1 hour queues first 2 weeks lol.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

why dismissed ?

Cynz,
why?
how come ?

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

why dismissed ?

Cynz,
why?
how come ?

Because with this system they would get to legend within day or two while soloq players will take ages to get there due to how system works (forced 50/50 w/l ratio).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

why dismissed ?

Cynz,
why?
how come ?

Because with this system they would get to legend within day or two while soloq players will take ages to get there due to how system works (forced 50/50 w/l ratio).

but if they have high MMR then they would only get +1 pip from wins if the other team have lower MMR right ?

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

-1 to +5? So you’d take an already carebear system and dumb it down even futher, nice.

Either -5 to +5 or it’s a joke of a suggestion.

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

-1 to +5? So you’d take an already carebear system and dumb it down even futher, nice.

did you even read what i wrote ?

- 3 is stupid because some players in your team may have a much higher MMR than they deserve, and they drag down your team and causes your team to lose horribly, how would you feel ? -1 is for any loss is fine.

+ 1 for a win is stupid, especially if you fought against a team with higher MMR players.

there should be more pips won if fought and won against teams with more higher MMR players.

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Ladies and Gentlemen. Here we have a perfect example of Pip Hyper Inflation.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

- 3 is stupid because some players in your team may have a much higher MMR than they deserve, and they drag down your team and causes your team to lose horribly, how would you feel ? -1 is for any loss is fine.

+ 1 for a win is stupid, especially if you fought against a team with higher MMR players.

there should be more pips won if fought and won against teams with more higher MMR players.

So if I tank my MMR whenever I hit a new tier/division I’ll get free 5 pip wins? Sounds healthy for the game.

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

So if I tank my MMR whenever I hit a new tier/division I’ll get free 5 pip wins? Sounds healthy for the game.

if you tank your MMR, you will lower your team ’s overall MMR, resulting in the other team have a lower MMR as well.

if match making is working as intended, both teams would have similar MMR and results would be -1 or +1 most of the time.

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

+1 this Thread.

Season 1 system, should come up with PIP system.

At the very least, the you don’t lose pips on closed match lost at 400+ is really important to make people trying hard until the end.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

I agree that there should be a mechanism in place to encourage playing. If you lose 500/400+ loser doesnt lose pips. Winner still gets 1pip.

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

It should be based on personal MMR compared to everyone else in the match, not based on your team and their team’s total MMR.

Players who are better/worse than the rest need a factor that moves them towards their skill range so that matches are balanced and promote competitive play.

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I liked the -3 to +3 system from season 1

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

It should be based on personal MMR compared to everyone else in the match, not based on your team and their team’s total MMR.

Players who are better/worse than the rest need a factor that moves them towards their skill range so that matches are balanced and promote competitive play.

Great Idea.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

SneakyTouchy.6043

To further elaborate what I meant, it would seem most practical to have the rewards work such that:

• Top 4 highest MMR players in a match should get +2 for a win, -1 for a loss.
  • Bottom 4 MMR should get +1 for a win, -2 for a loss.
  • The middles of course +1 -1

This would move players based on their MMR, and if pips follow MMR, then matching based on pips should result in more balanced matches. That means there won’t be as much of a need for 1 or 2 players to have to “carry” a team every game.

As it stands, there doesn’t seem to be any progression differentiation between a pro-league player and a level 20 complete newb.

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

To further elaborate what I meant, it would seem most practical to have the rewards work such that:

• Top 4 highest MMR players in a match should get +2 for a win, -1 for a loss.
  • Bottom 4 MMR should get +1 for a win, -2 for a loss.
  • The middles of course +1 -1

This would move players based on their MMR, and if pips follow MMR, then matching based on pips should result in more balanced matches. That means there won’t be as much of a need for 1 or 2 players to have to “carry” a team every game.

As it stands, there doesn’t seem to be any progression differentiation between a pro-league player and a level 20 complete newb.

The problem i see with this is that with the artificial floors we have in Emerald/Sapphire and Tier 1 Ruby. You will truly get MMR hell since the system will pick from a pip range and if you have the lowest MMR in your pip range you will be forced to grind your way up. Each loss moving your MMR lower and causing you to lose 2pips. If at the start of the tier you will not lose more pips but your MMR will keep getting lower.

I thought what you meant was your MMR should get adjusted by how your MMR relates to the average of the enemy team. Not sure exactly how its done right now.

pls allow -1 and +5 pips

in PvP

SneakyTouchy.6043

The problem i see with this is that with the artificial floors we have in Emerald/Sapphire and Tier 1 Ruby. You will truly get MMR hell since the system will pick from a pip range and if you have the lowest MMR in your pip range you will be forced to grind your way up. Each loss moving your MMR lower and causing you to lose 2pips. If at the start of the tier you will not lose more pips but your MMR will keep getting lower.

I thought what you meant was your MMR should get adjusted by how your MMR relates to the average of the enemy team. Not sure exactly how its done right now.

You’re absolutely right, I just didn’t mention it because this is something that has been painfully obvious to the hordes of people posting on this forum and reddit. The safety nets would have to go, otherwise distortions prior to ruby would amplify and maintain imbalance within ruby so drastically that it may continue to be present all the way up through diamond, and if diamond has a pip safety net, it will just perpetuate and ruin the entire system.