plz buff thief survivabilty

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

and or dmg i am tired of carrying them and losing 2 pips cus they cant hold or cap a point and they die way too easy in aoe, and plz make it so match making doesnt put 2 thieves on the same team…

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Posted by: Maxodon.5243

Maxodon.5243

If you think a thief has to hold a point the problem you have is not thief being too weak,
it is that you don’t seem to know how to play with a thief on your team.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

If you think a thief has to hold a point the problem you have is not thief being too weak,

They do need more damage though. If they can’t survive any amount of focus fire (even if they build for it), they should be compensated with a stupid amount of damage. That’s how it should work, IMO.

Cele bruisers are half and half. Bunkers are full tank and no damage. If you can’t take a hit, your target shouldn’t be able to take one of your hits.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Thief should have the highest single target dps in the game. Given the lack of group support, that’s the only way they will be valuable in any game mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

What we need is sustain not survivability.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

A meta where tank and jack of all trades builds are so rewarding results in people not knowing how to rotate and play when they have anything with a more specialized role in their team. With a team of tanks and bunkers, you can almost pick a point and random and run to it out of the base and be fine. Other comps require some actual thought in where to go, when to leave, awareness, peels, punishing over-extenders, and when you actually run a comp that needs to play off kills, having the sense to change targets when one is low, arrives on point, or over-extends instead of perfecting the art of tunnel vision.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Anet should rather nerf bunkers, elites, remove half of aoe/passives. Simply put: other classes/elites should be brought down to thief/war level. The game would be more enjoyable for everyone (besides lazy noob clickers that can’t press 2 buttons and get carried by passives atm).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

lloydst.6985

I never said they should be able too hold a point i just said they arent able too. Currently they only work as a+1 class and even then they die too easely to aoe dmg so they are more of a risk too have on your team then any other class + the problem is as well that every build a thief can run is better done by other classes (mainly rev for both high dmg and condi alike)

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

What type of dmg you exactly want to buff? The 3k autoattack? The 4k dodge? The 5k one chain of elite? or the 5.5 k sword 3? Or maybe the 11k backstab that comes from stealth?
What about survibility? Every single match ive played that has decent thief he has less deaths than any other player.
Its stupid to even consider that thief would need buff and not that some other classes need a nerf. Thief is class for expert players who are good at the game, if you want to buff it for bad players then first ask to nerf it at high end.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What type of dmg you exactly want to buff? The 3k autoattack? The 4k dodge? The 5k one chain of elite? or the 5.5 k sword 3? Or maybe the 11k backstab that comes from stealth?
What about survibility? Every single match ive played that has decent thief he has less deaths than any other player.
Its stupid to even consider that thief would need buff and not that some other classes need a nerf. Thief is class for expert players who are good at the game, if you want to buff it for bad players then first ask to nerf it at high end.

are we playing same game?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Leeto.1570

no im just posting some random screenshots from runescape

Attachments:

in PvP

lloydst.6985

let me guess you are not running any toughness and dont know how to dodge

in PvP

Posted by: Momekic.8603

Momekic.8603

1. Really?……you are a Necro/Reaper complaining about thief damage. Just go into Reapershroud and 1 shot him. Both you and the theif (whos damage you posted) are obviously full glass, so just turn around and sneeze on him and he would be down.

2. You are a Necro, complaining about thief, Learn To Play.

3. Thieves do no where near that damage on all the tank build in the meta.

4. You are obviously a hotjoin player and took these in hotjoin since you had time to take a screenshot.

5. In addition tonlearn to play you need to learn to make a proper build for necro if you are losing to a thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Yeah boost my immortal Thief to more . I want 20k Fist Flurry because 11k is to low and15k Impairing Daggers because 9k is garbage.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in PvP

lloydst.6985

Yeah boost my immortal Thief to more . I want 20k Fist Flurry because 11k is to low and15k Impairing Daggers because 9k is garbage.

yea because those numbers are coming out your kitten

in PvP

Leeto.1570

No i dont know how to dodge while beeing immobilized, im trying to learn how to dodge the backstab but not with very high success.
Ye i dont run any toughness, i mean i have no problems against 8/9 classes playing non toughness amulet because you know i can kite/dodge/line of sight/counterpressure them. But ye maybe its not thief and i should run different amulet just because of this one class.
So if people want to deal with thief they should just run tankier build, and then we should buff thief damage because everyone runs tanky build. Good idea and power creep is already what anet likes.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

DD S/P and S/D are decent right now. The problem is with the other builds being too strong.

in PvP

lloydst.6985

No i dont know how to dodge while beeing immobilized, im trying to learn how to dodge the backstab but not with very high success.
Ye i dont run any toughness, i mean i have no problems against 8/9 classes playing non toughness amulet because you know i can kite/dodge/line of sight/counterpressure them. But ye maybe its not thief and i should run different amulet just because of this one class.
So if people want to deal with thief they should just run tankier build, and then we should buff thief damage because everyone runs tanky build. Good idea and power creep is already what anet likes.

remember is said and or buff dmg but that could also be a trait that bypasses some of the toughness

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I think the dmg is fine, even with scrapper runes and dash trait i am still able to hit fellow glass people for around 6-7k vaults, and providing i manage to steal protection I hit around 5k on cele/bunker people. things like giving us the 10% health on withdraw like what was promised, or some sort of dmg reduction buff while revealed.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

1. Really?……you are a Necro/Reaper complaining about thief damage. Just go into Reapershroud and 1 shot him. Both you and the theif (whos damage you posted) are obviously full glass, so just turn around and sneeze on him and he would be down.

2. You are a Necro, complaining about thief, Learn To Play.

3. Thieves do no where near that damage on all the tank build in the meta.

4. You are obviously a hotjoin player and took these in hotjoin since you had time to take a screenshot.

5. In addition tonlearn to play you need to learn to make a proper build for necro if you are losing to a thief.

Huh? Thief has shut down glass Necro for a long time. It’s a fight of attrition where the Necro can’t heal or generate LF. It’s the Thief’s fight to lose (which happens on occasion, because everyone except Toker makes mistakes).

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Thief is one of my favorite classes because it makes you work JUST hard enough to do things that you need to understand the game to play it well, but you don’t need to be perfect to be effective once you get that understanding.

Warriors and guardians get to walk mindlessly into combat going “lololol Ima staba you face”. As a thief, you need to be clever. When they go to stab you in the face, you move out of the way. When they try to blow their combo you dodge. Are they gonna heal? you interrupt them. Did they just start casting their ult? stealth and wait for it to end, then kill them when they don’t have their crutch.

Can’t beat them in a fight? That’s fine, you’ve got the best mobility in the game and can backcap like a boss. Even if all the points have fights on them, you have enough mobility that you can pick which fight to join and where to turn the tide.

As a thief, the battlefield is a puzzle, and if you can solve it you can win.

in PvP

lloydst.6985

Thief is one of my favorite classes because it makes you work JUST hard enough to do things that you need to understand the game to play it well, but you don’t need to be perfect to be effective once you get that understanding.

Warriors and guardians get to walk mindlessly into combat going “lololol Ima staba you face”. As a thief, you need to be clever. When they go to stab you in the face, you move out of the way. When they try to blow their combo you dodge. Are they gonna heal? you interrupt them. Did they just start casting their ult? stealth and wait for it to end, then kill them when they don’t have their crutch.

Can’t beat them in a fight? That’s fine, you’ve got the best mobility in the game and can backcap like a boss. Even if all the points have fights on them, you have enough mobility that you can pick which fight to join and where to turn the tide.

As a thief, the battlefield is a puzzle, and if you can solve it you can win.

as a thief you can hardly ever backcap either they have some 1 at their home who thieves cant beat or there is some1 close by enough to prevent the decap in the 50+ games i played during this season i haven’t seen a single thief decap.
in fact when i am protecting home i can usually just tank their dmg even in 2v1’s with only 175 toughness

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Nice try but looking at the class-symbols this was a very long time ago, when thieves were actually still in the meta.

Don’t try to hide it because everyone with an eye for details will see the engineer symbol left upper-corner is very old.

PS: wasnt it then every necro was running power? Means you’re squishy?

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

(edited by Terrorsquad.4802)

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

No the thief is weak and the part of the community that likes to dictate how any certain profession plays has never touched the profession and have no clue what they are talking about. Just regurgitation of ignorance by players who want the thief to remain in the gutter.

OP if you want a better chance at holding a point, use D/D conditions with Signet of malice and daredevil. Deathblossom and caltrops spam will both proc the passive for every application of damage and conditions which will do wonders for your sustain. It also gets better with more enemies.

Thief’s survivability is fine. What needs to happen is a nerf to the lingering power creep.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

thief is fine, other specs are kittened

listen to leet0 plebs

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

No. Thieves deserve no buffs.

in PvP

lloydst.6985

Again never said they should be able to hold a point just stated that it is one of the things they cant

in PvP

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Actually a thief CAN hold a point, even when horribly outnumbered. I’ve seen it many times.
My suggestion to the OP would be to practice playing the profession, at least until he/she is good enough to realize that for themselves.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Thief buffs won’t happen. Kek. Sorry, but got 3 more months. Anet always kill a class for AT LEAST a full year. Thief died June 23rd. June 23rd it might be usable, or possibly even potent.

Oh and most non-thief playerbase is terrified of thief and pretends its still decent. Just for edit.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

(edited by Serious Thought.5394)

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Lol, lloydst got owned by Leeto.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Nice try but looking at the class-symbols this was a very long time ago, when thieves were actually still in the meta.

Don’t try to hide it because everyone with an eye for details will see the engineer symbol left upper-corner is very old.

Nice spot. It’s still do-able though, just rare because in this bunker meta everything has protection and a number of damage mitigation passives.

This was with DA/Trick/DD, with Executioner.

Attachments:

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

I feel like thief is just 1 buff away from being the most OP class in the game. It’s already quite simple 1v1ing ppl and coming out the winner or being a draw. If Thief HP was 17k baseline, without vitality, you would kill any class while running zerker amulet. SR needs a 30s cool down, Blinding Powder a 15-20s cool down, add passive skills like “apply blind/gain 3s stealth when struck.” I mean if Anet were competent enough Thief wouldn’t be precied as bad they are.

Other buffs I would like to see
1. 15 initiative is baseline
2. Steal should remove 1 condition
3. Thief is the only class not effected by reveal
4. Impact strike is unblock able

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

The problem is that the new specializations are way too strong right now. As someone else posted before me, if they get toned down a bit, thief would be fine and even “meta” again.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I been playing thief for the league meta achievement. I don’t have much experience with thief, but the problems that thieves face in the current meta is a symptom of the bad state of PvP at the moment. Anet’s solution to class imbalance was to add more AoE, buff conditions and direct damage, i.e. just add more damage. Thief got the shortest end of the stick out of all of the classes. The biggest problem I faced is the out of control spamable AoE fields. DH traps are instant death.There used to be a healthy philosophy (skill needed, counterplay, tell signs etc) behind PvP, and and that got usurped by bad philosophy requiring less of these things.

However the worst thing affecting thieves is the dev concept of thieves’ role in PvP. They have state previously that they believe thief is in a good place because they are fulfilling their intended role in PvP, which is to finish off other players that have already taken damage. Personally I think is daft to design a class for the purpose of being a battlefield vulture. Thief was designed around the tradition glass cannon concept, but because of the overall large PVP damage buffs they are super glass at the moment. The sad thing is devs may try and balance thieves by giving them more damage, which just compounds the already terrible PvP philosophy.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Nice spot. It’s still do-able though, just rare because in this bunker meta everything has protection and a number of damage mitigation passives.

This was with DA/Trick/DD, with Executioner.

On a Marauder Scrapper.. :p
Don’t think it will get that high vs any bunker, maybe max 7-8k, would be my guess

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

as a thief you can hardly ever backcap either they have some 1 at their home who thieves cant beat or there is some1 close by enough to prevent the decap in the 50+ games i played during this season i haven’t seen a single thief decap.
in fact when i am protecting home i can usually just tank their dmg even in 2v1’s with only 175 toughness

I see thieves decap all the time. Heck I decap as a thief all the time. I’ll often just decap, bolt immediately after, then grab the point they just left undefended, join the fight they just left. Very occasionally, I need to wait for them to dodge off the point to get the last tick of decap, THEN I run away, but sometimes I just kill them and get a full cap. Capping takes 10 ticks, decapping even if you choose not to fight, you’ve basically locked that player in place for 10 ticks.

in PvP

lloydst.6985

I see thieves decap all the time. Heck I decap as a thief all the time. I’ll often just decap, bolt immediately after, then grab the point they just left undefended, join the fight they just left. Very occasionally, I need to wait for them to dodge off the point to get the last tick of decap, THEN I run away, but sometimes I just kill them and get a full cap. Capping takes 10 ticks, decapping even if you choose not to fight, you’ve basically locked that player in place for 10 ticks.

Honestly you guys keep pulling stuff outa your kitten honestly if you can force a player off point on a thief you are fighting very low ranked players even the most glassy builds can just outheal and dodge most of their attacks people have been saying thief died since hot came out fact is they have been dead for a long time siriously when is the last time a solo thief got you below 50% and having a player sit on home is a hard counter to any thief on the opposing team and it doesnt matter a player is basicly afk there since its still a 4v4 since thiefs die to random aoe on points other then far

(edited by lloydst.6985)