post patch explanations

post patch explanations

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

To the development staff of Arena net,
In your previous game installment of guild wars, when skill balances were applied in game, the developers also released a explanation about why these changes had occurred and ultimately how it benefited the class or why a particular skill was toned down.

I see with the latest patch, that the notes about what changes were made are present, but nothing to explain and/or justify/demystify to the players why these changes were made and to what yard stick they were measured by.

Ultimately in life all of us have things called rights. Our right to life, our right to free expression etc etc…just the same as you have right to change your work as you feel it needs to be. However with each of these rights comes responsibility. Much the same as I have a right to free speech and a responsibility to not use it to spread fear, hate or unnecessary panic. The word responsibility by definition means to most people; ‘the state or fact of being responsible, answerable, or accountable for something within one’s power, control, or management.’

So when can we expect the rationale behind these changes to be released to us so we understand why the changes made,..well,..have been made? So far it looks like the changes were made purely because someone/something said so with a rather large dose of “Your on a need to know basis and we don’t feel you need to know the reasons behind it, just the changes themselves.”

You have been transparent in your last game and sister games,..so I feel it is not unreasonable to have the same expectation here.

I look forward to hearing back you.

Yours sincerely,

xoxo

post patch explanations

in PvP

Posted by: Lunar Corporation.5720

Lunar Corporation.5720

i dun see any problem here, there is a lot of info on the web previewing the upcoming changes, especially about necro… last “state of the game” too gave us info. the reason is simply put, “profession balance,” and “a varied meta,” avoiding any pigeon holes to the way we trait or equip. i don’t think there is any contradiction with the previous vision of how the company views class roles/way to play, just, the traits needed revamping, and devs r advancing that priority in our most recent patch.

if your wondering, it will lead to A. players who learn and adapt and help the meta to plateau and B. the player base that will leave a meta they see that wont plateau. kind of a catch 22

Just call me Lunar

(edited by Lunar Corporation.5720)

post patch explanations

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

i dun see any problem here, there is a lot of info on the web previewing the upcoming changes, especially about necro… last “state of the game” too gave us info. the reason is simply put, “profession balance,” and “a varied meta,” avoiding any pigeon holes to the way we trait or equip. i don’t think there is any contradiction with the previous vision of how the company views class roles/way to play, just, the traits needed revamping, and devs r advancing that priority in our most recent patch.

if your wondering, it will lead to A. players who learn and adapt and help the meta to plateau and B. the player base that will leave a meta they see that wont plateau. kind of a catch 22

http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/developer_updates/september_2012_skill_balances.php
this is what an update is supposed to look like.

post patch explanations

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

^ thanks dude for the link. I mentioned it in the original post that anet used to be fairly meticulous about explaining the WHY behind the HOW, and forth coming on the WHEN’s and the WHO’s.

State of the game?..awesome I can go fish for them?..why not just publish them, you know…like they use to.

post patch explanations

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

State of the game?..awesome I can go fish for them?..why not just publish them, you know…like they use to.

No devs on this month’s SotG man.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

post patch explanations

in PvP

Posted by: Divus.3175

Divus.3175

I’m playing two classes, and have another on 80 lvl, so I start to understand them. But there’s huge “but”. I don’t get, how can they make more viable builds, why nerfing the existing one to the ground.

I look at my necro, with almost standard condition / half-bunker / corrupt boon + signet of undeath + epidemic + plague. With recent changes it’s not viable anymore, since I can take mesmer to strip of every boon with shatters and rez people with no cast time.
I’m know, that we have another condition, but without ability to customize, which boon I want to corrupt I’m getting closer to engineer state before buffs – totally random skill, which is less viable than well of corruption now (since it convert same amount of boons, but on AoE).
3 second cast time is ridiculous, because it’s cast time was the reason it was useful on pvp (pve too). Cast time is one of the reasons why elementalist doesn’t use rez skill.

I would love to hear reasons why break stun was changed, and how they see new builds on pvp. What they wanted to nerf, and why. On engi I don’t have anymore break stun on elixir R, which makes sense only for hgh engi. In the meantime I’ve got useless break stuns on weird skills, like gadget or turret. I don’t want to mention (possibly unintended) healing mist break stun, which doesn’t trigger elixir traits.

And so on, and so on.

[KING] Desolation – Pikan Parom (engineer), Grace Parom (ele)

post patch explanations

in PvP

Lunar Corporation.5720

Thanks for adding this, I never played GW1 to see a patch note there and didn’t check. But, content wise there is much less than what we find for example in our most recent patch. Its hard to compare but I see a little more what the op expects.

So when can we expect the rationale behind these changes to be released to us so we understand why the changes have been made?

I guess my real advice is this: It’s just about profession balancing. The meta is evolving and we can learn with it or leave it. For example, I watched some tournys the other day, but, now we should expect to find new builds that begin to plateau. simple as that in my mind

Just call me Lunar

post patch explanations

in PvP

Lunar Corporation.5720

I look at my necro, with almost standard condition / half-bunker / corrupt boon + signet of undeath + epidemic + plague. With recent changes it’s not viable anymore

Well, I don’t think anet had nerfing your particular build in mind… If you find some way to benefit from some of the changes I think that would be best. Although how you did things before may have worked, perhaps going full condition will benefit u, blood is power after all.

I would love to hear reasons why break stun was changed, and how they see new builds on pvp. What they wanted to nerf, and why.

This is an awesome question, i want to know too ! Warrior found some awesome stun breakrs now. plus there are some stun breakers that r adding stability for 1 second as well. Seems like Movement from class to class has taken a big change. Disengaging fights is a little different in the mists now… Eles casting seems way faster now X(

Just call me Lunar