power creep > nerf creep

power creep > nerf creep

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Go to any pvp game forum and people will be begging for nerfs, but it’s not always the best direction.

Something is only overpowered if it discourages higher skill play with something easy to do(skill cieling) or makes a lot of the games content non-viable(balance).

If something is OP because it has a lot of options across all it’s spells you should be buffing other classes not nerfing it. You’re leaving the core problem to fester.

power creep > nerf creep

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Translated “Please don’t nerf ele, we only have one viable build (arc/water), one viable amulet(celest), one viable utility set (cantrip) and one not entirely useless elite (fsg). Please just make other classes more competitive, a nerf will destroy our class”

As an ele I semi agree, I’d like to see where we sit with an adjustment on burning (adjust the application of stacks on ele rather than tweaking its damage if your in the don’t nerf burning boat..)

I also think that might needs to be reworked similar to stability where it builds stacks and a spell consumes one stack. Then set the power to 300 and it benefits classes that have less access to might, and brings down the classes that can max stack it to 750 pwr aka ele. Obviously readjustments on might granting ability’s would need to be made. Aoe would also only consume 1 stack as would channeled multi hit spells.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

power creep > nerf creep

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Power creep has little to do with skill required; it’s about how much damage is being done in general.

Yes, you do need to buff the weak stuff. But you also need to nerf what’s too good, even if it’s the only current option for a build. Without the nerfs, damage or defense levels keep growing in an arms race.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

power creep > nerf creep

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

The problem is power creep is how we got here. A buff to one build is just a nerf to another. It really is that simple.

Balancing is a silly game. People will come here ego in hand after eating a loss and look to get what beat them nerfed (this is pretty normal). If you say my class needs a buff others will jump in and say no. They just got beat by someone of class x and do not want to see it get any stronger. No matter how you slice it their will gaps among players (I just got beat by a thief I couldn’t lock down for example several times). I didn’t come here to beg for thief nerfs. My timing was off and I just couldn’t land anything. That’s the point.

We do not need much creep or nerf. Players need to analyze how they got beat and why. Some players are just better than others but that message never gets through.

If their were any criteria beside fun for balancing it should be risk/reward. Too many builds have too few risk and too many rewards.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

power creep > nerf creep

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Translated “Please don’t nerf ele, we only have one viable build (arc/water), one viable amulet(celest), one viable utility set (cantrip) and one not entirely useless elite (fsg). Please just make other classes more competitive, a nerf will destroy our class”

As an ele I semi agree, I’d like to see where we sit with an adjustment on burning (adjust the application of stacks on ele rather than tweaking its damage if your in the don’t nerf burning boat..)

I also think that might needs to be reworked similar to stability where it builds stacks and a spell consumes one stack. Then set the power to 300 and it benefits classes that have less access to might, and brings down the classes that can max stack it to 750 pwr aka ele. Obviously readjustments on might granting ability’s would need to be made. Aoe would also only consume 1 stack as would channeled multi hit spells.

I wouldn’t worry, they nerfed water/arcana line in the past and ele disappeared because of that..they then removed the nerfs , this is to show how broken the profession is without enough healing/boons and condi clear.

The ele is a tanky caster with medium dps that’s the role of the ele, but don’t be fooled mesmer and necro can be equally as tanky if so specced, but both of them have higher base HP, stats and innate defensive mechanism..factors the ele lack and the devs perfectly know that, so yeah don’t worry…they won’t butcher ele sustain as it’s the only thing this profession excel

power creep > nerf creep

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

I wouldn’t worry, they nerfed water/arcana line in the past and ele disappeared because of that..they then removed the nerfs , this is to show how broken the profession is without enough healing/boons and condi clear.

Oh I’m more worried they’ve just given up on trying to buff up our other utilities/lines (this goes for other classes with usless utilites and weap sets as well) and we’ll just be stuck in the same meta build as we always have, I basically played this same build in beta and still its the only viable build…

It seems with the release of specializations they’ve just given up on what exists and are just going to add things they think are viable to “add” diversity. Instead of improving what already exists. There are so many cool abilities in this game across all classes that are just weak as hell, yet they refuse to think about how to improve these and add diversity that way.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

power creep > nerf creep

in PvP

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Go to any pvp game forum and people will be begging for nerfs, but it’s not always the best direction.

Something is only overpowered if it discourages higher skill play with something easy to do(skill cieling) or makes a lot of the games content non-viable(balance).

If something is OP because it has a lot of options across all it’s spells you should be buffing other classes not nerfing it. You’re leaving the core problem to fester.

Powercreep reduces skill as it eventually leads to everyone one shotting everyone else. So by your very definition power creep is bad. There are plenty of skills in the game currently that require almost no skill and do insane damage. They need nerfed.

You’re not wrong that some classes need a buff because they have very few options, but there are classes that have pretty much all the options and that isn’t balanced either. Each class/build should have strengths and weaknesses, if they don’t they need brought back in line. What is in line is what ArenaNet needs to decide and stick to so players can decide if that’s what game they want to continue playing or not. Personally speaking I like PvP games where the TTK is greater than 30s so I can actually have some fun using skills and counter playing and using strategy instead of needing twitch reflex so I don’t decimated by a single skill.

power creep > nerf creep

in PvP

Posted by: nad.8910

nad.8910

speaking from a noob necro point of view, d/d eles are insanely OP, but so now are mesmers, I would rather see necros buffed than eles nerfed

power creep > nerf creep

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

speaking from a noob necro point of view, d/d eles are insanely OP, but so now are mesmers, I would rather see necros buffed than eles nerfed

Necro needs no buffs, you need to get better at necro as yourself admitted, a noob ele would lose to noob necro any day of the week. Being experienced with ele, I have no problems dealing with an ele using a necro, be it double signet or MM. You must play the profession you’re having trouble with to understand how it works, that’s how you get better as player. Hell even on ranger, your average ele is the least of my concerns.

Ofc I won’t beat a very skilled ele on my ranger/necro….because I’m not that experienced on both, but the tools are there : ranger for example can stack perma weakness/poison, have a potent condi burst while still being able to clear ele condis without much fuss. Necro get a plethora of boon strip if using double signet build with path of corruption and passive condi transfer, MM necro can close to facetank an ele dmg.

You sound new, you still have the humility to declare your lack of knowledge and that’s commendable really well done, majority of the folks talking on the forum always comment on factors outside their own skill field; that’s why I suggest to step up your game, make an alt for every single profession and practice.

The grass always greener on the other side, a common misconception among new players, try every profession and you’ll see yourself..you’ll struggle on every one of them at start. All professions shine in something, but the playstyle changes, don’t play a necro like you’d play a warrior, you need to master DS managing and know when to back off, how to position properly the blood fiend and so on….