predictions for meta post PoF

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

What are your personal predictions for the solo q and competitive team metas after the new elite specs launch?

Mine are:

1. spellbreaker becomes top dog as far as 1v1s are concerned. good for comp teams and solo q.
2. firebrand/scourge replaces tempest/reaper
3. mirage can compete with d/p thf as decapper and +1 due to mirage’s elite jaunt
4. deadeye counters trap dh
5. most popular 1v1 skirmisher builds will be: spellbreaker, mirage, weaver, and potentially soulbeast depending on how much customization it allows.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

mirage will not replace d/p daredevil, it’s not anywhere near as good as a +1 as d/p. Deadeye will probably not enter the meta period unless it’s so good that having both a deadeye and a d/p daredevil is optimal.
The jury is still out as to if scourge will replace reaper in the meta.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Unless we see something amazing from the minor traits and fourth utility skill, Scourge has zero chance of becoming meta. It manages to have worse survivability than core Necro.

Reaper will still be meta, no question.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Twyn.7320

Twyn.7320

D/P+Shortbow or Rifle Deadeye will replace Daredevil as the Thief meta, due to Malice, Shadow Meld and the pulse ability for mobility. With a 9% damage increase over 6 seconds on a marked target, it’ll be better than Daredevil in longer duels as long as you can land a hit every couple of seconds. The extra dodge isn’t needed due to Withdraw and the Deadeye retreat. It’ll maintain its place as a 2v1 spec, with mobility, and could outplay other specs as a continued burst spec. <3

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

D/P+Shortbow or Rifle Deadeye will replace Daredevil as the Thief meta, due to Malice, Shadow Meld and the pulse ability for mobility. With a 9% damage increase over 6 seconds on a marked target, it’ll be better than Daredevil in longer duels as long as you can land a hit every couple of seconds. The extra dodge isn’t needed due to Withdraw and the Deadeye retreat. It’ll maintain its place as a 2v1 spec, with mobility, and could outplay other specs as a continued burst spec. <3

Deadeye looks like a fun WvW spec and maybe PvE? But no chance thsi is going to be used in PvP.

It has worse mobility and sustain than Daredevil, can’t contest points 1v1, and might get ganked faster in teamfights than a necro. There’s just no role for it.

AND THAT’S FINE. Not every spec should excel in every area, it’s good design! Gimmicks are fun! I hope Anet doesn’t change a thing, but that being said, I just can’t see it being used in conquest.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

it’ll be better than Daredevil in longer duels as long as you can land a hit every couple of seconds.

Why are you dueling on a thief? There are so many better (and more useful) things for a thief to be doing.

Also Deadeye loses steal teleport, which really hurts it’s +1 potential.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Staffordshire.1752

Staffordshire.1752

not a single mention of holosmith/scrapper? :p scrapper has only been one of the most dominant builds in this meta but okay

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

not a single mention of holosmith/scrapper? :p scrapper has only been one of the most dominant builds in this meta but okay

haven’t been able to speculate what holosmith will be best at. I see a bit of burn, bleed, and a bit of utility in it. Is it gonna make p/p engi viable as p/p holosmith?

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

haven’t been able to speculate what holosmith will be best at. I see a bit of burn, bleed, and a bit of utility in it. Is it gonna make p/p engi viable as p/p holosmith?

It appears to be a pure damage spec, that can be traited to work as either a power or condi build. I’m guessing p/p or sword/shield holosmith will be plenty viable. Maybe even sword/pistol or rifle as well.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds