premade vs pug?

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I just started pvping. At around rank 25. I start seeing premade group.

What’s the idea of making premade group goign against a bunch of pug.

I think there’s solo queue and group queue before. Why remove it?

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

to be honest one of the best things in pvp is demolishing a premade team as pug group, and worst thing is to get demolished by a pug group when you are in team.
I’ve experienced both and going against premade will actually help you in a long run because you get to learn how and when to rotate and such. But 99% of the time that won’t happen so :P

Tour

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I only solo queue. So unless you mean I happen to get in a group with a premade of 3 or 4 people. I don’t think that help much.

I dont’ understand how the system before is bad. There is a solo queue and there is a group queue. I dont’ understand why Anet remove that.

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

Ranked queue is atm worse for soloqers than teamq before. It would work if soloers were only matched with and against soloers and premades of 2,3,5 people faced each other.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I would prefer to have the solo q/team q split reinstated.

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I think they changed it for que times, the que times are much better and in theory they can get the ranking down better. So for instance that really good player who likes to solo que with other pugs vs the premade team who is average. The idea is seems to make it even. obviously if alot people arent queing up youll get the all-star premade vs 5 averge joes but overall there working out the system. I think its going in the right direction from that perspective.

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

majority of my ranked games have been pugs vs full or 4 man premades so far. who ever wanted that premades get to fight pugs? that idea is just horrible… shorter queues yes but pvp pretty much destroyed…

E: majority of my ranked games (to specify sorry…)

(edited by Covis.6037)

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: Chill Winston.7263

Chill Winston.7263

Not ever guild team is going to be pro. I’ve been on quite a few guild teams where we were just introducing some of our rookie guildies on how to PvP.

That stated, I do miss the Solo Qs. ANET, please bring back….

Slater Alligator
Norn Warrior

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

majority of my games have been pugs vs full or 4 man premades so far. who ever wanted that premades get to fight pugs? that idea is just horrible… shorter queues yes but pvp pretty much destroyed…

Majority of your unranked games (non ranked). Be specific. Less people Q unranked and so it is more unbalanced. Only about 20% of the time does this happen to the average player. Maybe even less. People also don’t consider the fact that the other people on your team could be Q’ed together…just because you are solo, it doesn’t mean everyone else on your team is too. Just because they don’t all have the same guild name, does not mean they are not together. People have friends in game that are not in their guild. Only 50% of teams I go against are in same guild or at least reping the same guild a the time; but are still Q’ed together.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

i didnt say they were good right now, im just saying from a big picture or outside the box look its going in the right direction. I tend to believe though that people tend to think there alot better then they really are or blame other people when they make mistakes. Not trying to say your bad just maybe they have you ranked in a awkward spot forcing you to play in the middle area where the skill level of the players are miles apart.
Just for example i was quing with a random group of 5 today, we lost every match and they kicked me from the group and i went on too win my next 2. Was i the reason we lost, maybe but i know im in this medicore group of people queing up.

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

majority of my games have been pugs vs full or 4 man premades so far. who ever wanted that premades get to fight pugs? that idea is just horrible… shorter queues yes but pvp pretty much destroyed…

Majority of your unranked games (non ranked). Be specific. Less people Q unranked and so it is more unbalanced. Only about 20% of the time does this happen to the average player. Maybe even less. People also don’t consider the fact that the other people on your team could be Q’ed together…just because you are solo, it doesn’t mean everyone else on your team is too. Just because they don’t all have the same guild name, does not mean they are not together. People have friends in game that are not in their guild. Only 50% of teams I go against are in same guild or at least reping the same guild a the time; but are still Q’ed together.

i know most of the players that i have faced (in premades). i guess im just unlucky when i face the same premade 5 times in a row …

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

It is definitely going in the right direction. People keep coming on here QQ’ing instead of offering ACTUAL helpful information that Anet can look at. “Just bring SoloQ back”, they say. THIS IS A TEST SEASON. They are trying to fix it and make it better. YES it is flawed, isn’t everything when it’s first launched? Its is called a TEST for a reason…… They are making changes and working on stuff to make it better. It will get better as the updates roll out. Give it time. Be patient.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

premade vs pug?

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Sad truth behind all this:

There are not enough players queuing up at the same time for everyone to have an even, fun match.

It’s better during peak hours, but it still leaves a lot of people put into matches they cannot win.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)