proof that matchmaking is flawed

in PvP

Posted by: brazenchick.4891

brazenchick.4891

past 2 season i got legendary on 2 different accounts. this season im stuck in sapphire tier 3 with one account. been playing since season start about 10 games a day on average. i wish it was a 50/50 win rate. i win 1 lose 2. win one lose 3. people have no clue how to rotate..even from the start. these ppl were legendary/diamond last season. the past 3 games ive played ill see a person going far from the start. and despite my pleading to not do so they go anyways,proceed to die on far, outnumbered mid. they snowball us,and person keeps going far and continuing to die..literally the past 3 games,different person
the last game we had was close but again we lost it because of bad rotations. team fight mid,i see the ele and druid (support ofc) going for far. all the while im asking them to support mid. taking mid would have won the game for us. not just the last 3 games but EVERY SINGLE GAME i play has clueless people. i know how to rotate,i can play 4 different classes exceptionally well and switch between each depending on comp. i can forsee the enemy rotations and counter rotate to compensate to try to carry my team but to no avail..you cant carry a team full of bads.
i know for a fact it is not me bringing my teams down. on my alternate account im in tier 1 diamond atm. on the way to diamond people knew what they were doing. rotations were spot on and i even had a 16 game win streak. regardless if i WAS bad, how can there be such a discrepancy between the 2 accounts? this PROVES there is a flaw.

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

You don’t understand anything…. u don’t need to git gud on just 1 account…u need to git gud on both accounts. System works as intended

Kappa

Don’t worry…the ANet guerilla “git gud” force will be here shortly telling you “you didn’t deserve to be Legend in s1 and 2 because they were bad seasons, and if u are diamond now u clearly didn’t deserve it”. Wait for it…

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

It could be worse, you could be on a team that doesn’t focus fire anything and then proceeds to endlessly stream into the enemy team feeding them 20pts like kittening clock work…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

I hoped that the inexperienced players would move to overwatch, but that didn’t happen.

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

It’s funny when I played CSGO many people in Silver (the CSGO equivalent of Amber) were just so convinced that they were so much better than they actually are and they deserve to be a higher rank. Like if you asked someone what rank they are they’d say, “Oh I’m Silver but I have the skills of a Gold or AK player.” It’s crazy.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Did you even read what he said?

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Rigante.2470

Rigante.2470

You can’t be stuck in sapphire if you made it to legendary you would have started in ruby unless you are playing on yet another fresh alt account. Whats with all the free alt accounts by the way you think you gaming the system or something? How about playing on a account with an established MMR where your facing people your actual skill level? How about giving it a couple of weeks before complaining? That’s a flaw in previous seasons how people were just zooming through to legendary.

(edited by Rigante.2470)

in PvP

Posted by: Kossuth.2168

Kossuth.2168

You can’t be stuck in sapphire if you made it to legendary you would have started in ruby unless you are playing on yet another fresh alt account. Whats with all the free alt accounts by the way you think you gaming the system or something? How about playing on a account with an established MMR where your facing people your actual skill level? How about giving it a couple of weeks before complaining? That’s a flaw in previous seasons how people were just zooming through to legendary.

Just for your information, from patch notes:

• Legendary and Diamond Division players will start the new season in Sapphire.

in PvP

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

gratz, you got carried by MM

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Baronvonhippo.3157

Baronvonhippo.3157

Seriously every post of this nature has to have an insecure kid come to post his W/L record. Did you get the attention you desperately need?

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Seriously every post of this nature has to have an insecure kid come to post his W/L record.

There’s no perspective at best or at worst he’s a troll on his alt acct.

This season is playing out pretty much the same as last season for me. My main acct will probably limp over the finish line with its +50% win rate, meanwhile my alt acct is blitzing the opposition with its 70%.

ANet just has no idea really, how to manage their PvP.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Deathly Shadowfain.7213

Deathly Shadowfain.7213

There is a discrepancy between a new “fresh” account, and the account that you main. How is it possible that you cant crawl out of sapphire or ruby, yet you play the exact same class the exact same way on a FTP or ult account that doesn’t do much pvp and breeze your way to Legendary?
An issue i see is that this allows for players who have played the game since day 1 who have pvped since day 1, who know how to play classes who are experienced and are “gud” to be stuck in MMR hell. Whilst that one kid who decided to magically start pvp for the first time because of that shiny backpack or that icon next to your name, who has no idea of game mechanics, who has no idea of classes, picks only meta builds and steam rolls his way to diamond and legendary rank.
I feel sorry for some people, including myself. I know players who were/are at an ESL standard, who play/ed against ESL players and teams such as abjured, Team PZ, Civilized gentleman. Meaning that their MMR must have been at a high standard right? I mean how else could they verse such high standard of players? Yet once leagues started, they barely made it to ruby? How does that work?
Call it as you wish, but i still believe that this Matchmaking system and how it uses MMR needs a lot of work.

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Whilst that one kid who decided to magically start pvp for the first time because of that shiny backpack or that icon next to your name, who has no idea of game mechanics, who has no idea of classes, picks only meta builds and steam rolls his way to diamond and legendary rank.

There would definitely be an element of getting carried if he got that far, which isn’t entirely impossible from what I’ve seen.

What’s worse is the current system doesn’t acct for good players swapping to an alt acct.

It makes sure a player with poor mmr will never progress because they’re constantly placed in games they’re supposed to lose, facing good players with good mmr, in good teams.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

This season’s matchmaking is a joke.

[HUE]

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Whether people want to admit it or not, everyone knows matchmaking is only good for those with high mmr and premade teams, because they pretty much get free wins all day…why wouldn’t they like it(unless they did actually want a challenge or some type of competition, which most of todays kids don’t). The rest, well you can either enjoy getting farmed if you’re into that sort of thing or just quit and go do something else that makes more sense.
(which many have already) I really don’t think theirs an argument here anymore, everyone already knows whats going on it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

past 2 season i got legendary on 2 different accounts. this season im stuck in sapphire tier 3 with one account. been playing since season start about 10 games a day on average. i wish it was a 50/50 win rate. i win 1 lose 2. win one lose 3. people have no clue how to rotate..even from the start. these ppl were legendary/diamond last season. the past 3 games ive played ill see a person going far from the start. and despite my pleading to not do so they go anyways,proceed to die on far, outnumbered mid. they snowball us,and person keeps going far and continuing to die..literally the past 3 games,different person
the last game we had was close but again we lost it because of bad rotations. team fight mid,i see the ele and druid (support ofc) going for far. all the while im asking them to support mid. taking mid would have won the game for us. not just the last 3 games but EVERY SINGLE GAME i play has clueless people. i know how to rotate,i can play 4 different classes exceptionally well and switch between each depending on comp. i can forsee the enemy rotations and counter rotate to compensate to try to carry my team but to no avail..you cant carry a team full of bads.
i know for a fact it is not me bringing my teams down. on my alternate account im in tier 1 diamond atm. on the way to diamond people knew what they were doing. rotations were spot on and i even had a 16 game win streak. regardless if i WAS bad, how can there be such a discrepancy between the 2 accounts? this PROVES there is a flaw.

You are supposed to carry now. Thats the difference you met between season 1-2 and the 3.
Aniway man i can tell you i had your experience in season 1-2, beeing one pip to legend both the seasons and never beeing able to get it cuz the carry was never enough. Differently from you, i am playing only one class in solo que (revenant) wich is not the perfect class to carry since in this condi meta it requires competent teammates able to support you, but i am so used to have to play with players that have low mechanics knowledge because of the experience in the previous seasons, that i could break that sapphire in S3 and i can tell you it becomes better in high ruby, so don’t give up.
The carry was so evident that happened in 2-3 games some opponent player after loosing the match wrote in map chat “carried by rev” to my team, and this is not really common to admit from an opponent…
While i’m happy that those easy legend players from previous seasons like you, who had an easy life and never believed in mmr hell, thx to their relatively low number of total games, i can still say i feel you bro… just don’t give up and keep trying and you will eventualy get out of that sapphire.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

There were a couple of games where I was on a team that absolutely trounced others but still get on teams where we lose ourselves (those tend to be close).

I agree the matchmaker isn’t fair to those who are underskilled relative to division.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I too lose every game where one of my teammates decides to suicide far for 15 minutes straight.

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

What I dont understand about OP is that season 2 heavily favor high mmr, and if you got legend last season which proves you have an high mmr. Why would you stuck in this season if the system favors high mmr? Also how many games you played? From what I understand you didn’t play much games this season, and just go like" I can’t progress in the first like 8 matches so MM sucks" What? Also screenshots of your total game played so we can get a better understanding of your situation?

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What I dont understand about OP is that season 2 heavily favor high mmr, and if you got legend last season which proves you have an high mmr. Why would you stuck in this season if the system favors high mmr? Also how many games you played? From what I understand you didn’t play much games this season, and just go like" I can’t progress in the first like 8 matches so MM sucks" What? Also screenshots of your total game played so we can get a better understanding of your situation?

Just because you got legend last season doesn’t mean you have high MMR, in fact the more games you played solo the worse you are off. I needed 257 games this season to get legend because of my crap MMR. On new account it would take probably like 60-80.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I too lose every game where one of my teammates decides to suicide far for 15 minutes straight.

Honest question. How is one supposed to carry this situation? If the guy is going to lord early, you should probably help him kill the lord as fast as possible so he doesn’t keep going there. But I’ve been in matches where the score was close enough that going to the lord was an unnecessary high risk play. We had one guy try to solo the lord twice near the end of the match because he thought he’s some sort of PvP god and it basically threw the match for us. I’ve also won against a team who was doing this, we held them at 490 while we triple capped and came back from almost 100 point deficit.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)