pvp amulets revised

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

what if we could choose the state we want

4 state
2 1050
2 560
you wont be able to choose 3 defensing states, healing power, toughness and vitality rather only two. and if so only one minor (560)

3 state

only 1 defensive slot will be available

it will open up more variety

i like for example
1050 healing power
1050 condition
560 vitality
560 power/precision/expertise/concentration

do you guys think some combinations can be OP to handle it ?

(edited by messiah.1908)

pvp amulets revised

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Nope

/15chars

pvp amulets revised

in PvP

messiah.1908

Nope

/15chars

why?

pvp amulets revised

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Just want to point out your example doesn’t conform to your own rule.

You have 2 defensive stats 1050 healing power + 560 vitality in which one of them is major.

pvp amulets revised

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Also, this will bring back mercenary
major power + condition and minor toughness + vitality, which many people think is too strong.

Another potential OP bunker amulet would be
major power + concetration, minor toughness + healing power.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

pvp amulets revised

in PvP

messiah.1908

Just want to point out your example doesn’t conform to your own rule.

You have 2 defensive stats 1050 healing power + 560 vitality in which one of them is major.

thanks mistake only 1 minor

pvp amulets revised

in PvP

messiah.1908

Also, this will bring back mercenary
major power + condition and minor toughness + vitality, which many people think is too strong.

Another potential OP bunker amulet would be
major power + concetration, minor toughness + healing power.

i still dont know if concentration should be defensive slot…

carrion is power condition and vitality (900) so make it 560 and toughness 560 should be the same almost as the dmg mitigation is so tiny.

my idea is the give more builds diversity just by giving us the choice and not force us to the same amulets which 70% are unusable

pvp amulets revised

in PvP

Posted by: Savvy.3258

Savvy.3258

Amulets are messy and rather pointless as they are. There’s probably five amulets that 95% of the population uses. I’d advocate selectable stats with certain restrictions as well. I’m thinking more in terms of categories: say you made carrion condition + vitality, and those are the main stats, but the others could be selected and distributed as you pleased. Rather than having this bizarre 1200-1050-900-560 system, make it 1200-900-600-300 give each amulet a maximum stats number and voila, done. Lock the main stats in the upper tier but if the player so chooses they could use 900-900 and free up 600 for other stats; let there be five stats selectable to increase variety for those builds that need it.

Seems more fun, intuitive… only problem is that Anet wouldn’t be able to simply remove an amulet to nerf certain builds, they’d actually have to balance said build! Oh noes! The horror!

That’s why it will never happen. Because balancing builds takes time, which translates into dollars in the form of salaries and resources diverted from other projects which could generate a palpable income (say, an expansion or gem item) whereas this contributes to the health of the game and while it may draw more players in and keep them engaged, there’s no way to quantify that so it appears as a cost and because there is no measurable upside an unjustifiable one at that.

Just my two cents.

pvp amulets revised

in PvP

messiah.1908

Amulets are messy and rather pointless as they are. There’s probably five amulets that 95% of the population uses. I’d advocate selectable stats with certain restrictions as well. I’m thinking more in terms of categories: say you made carrion condition + vitality, and those are the main stats, but the others could be selected and distributed as you pleased. Rather than having this bizarre 1200-1050-900-560 system, make it 1200-900-600-300 give each amulet a maximum stats number and voila, done. Lock the main stats in the upper tier but if the player so chooses they could use 900-900 and free up 600 for other stats; let there be five stats selectable to increase variety for those builds that need it.

Seems more fun, intuitive… only problem is that Anet wouldn’t be able to simply remove an amulet to nerf certain builds, they’d actually have to balance said build! Oh noes! The horror!

That’s why it will never happen. Because balancing builds takes time, which translates into dollars in the form of salaries and resources diverted from other projects which could generate a palpable income (say, an expansion or gem item) whereas this contributes to the health of the game and while it may draw more players in and keep them engaged, there’s no way to quantify that so it appears as a cost and because there is no measurable upside an unjustifiable one at that.

Just my two cents.

i would love to see that each player can choose the numbers exactly as he wants. like from a scale with max point with a total of 3200 points. with some restriction. i agree that if anets needs to balance they couldnt focus the amulets rather the skills, trait and utilities but isnt it the point exactly to focus balance on the skills rather on the amulet you using…

pvp amulets revised

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I like the idea however i still feel ANET should allow us to choose from the existing ones but for Weapons/Armor and Accessories.

That way we can “blend” some stats. For example taking Zerker Weapons, Knights Armor and Marauder Accessories.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

pvp amulets revised

in PvP

messiah.1908

I like the idea however i still feel ANET should allow us to choose from the existing ones but for Weapons/Armor and Accessories.

That way we can “blend” some stats. For example taking Zerker Weapons, Knights Armor and Marauder Accessories.

back to wvw … i wish