pvp balance.. OPthings to nerf

in PvP

Posted by: DEATHsCLAW.1978

DEATHsCLAW.1978

regarding the next balance patch which is hopefully coming soon.. here are the most OP things listed:

reaper: deathly chill trait, nerf by 50% and ppl would still take it.. think that says it

scrapper: hammer damage coefficients and sustain..

daredevil: perma evade DD can still bunker against 5 players..
thief: dagger auto

ranger: bristleback and smokescale dmg
druid: glyph trait (planting seeds, especially the blind)
druid: ancient seeds trait: 10s cd passive pulsing immob.. increase cooldown

did I forget anything?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

You forgot the fact that we just had a balance patch and the next one will be in probably 4 months.

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

I main ranger so let me argue here a bit.

First, I have to agree that the pet dmg is absurd. Specially bristleback “F2”. Having the greatest burst in your pet is just bad idea. I agree here with the nerf needed, however to compensate the lack of burst (basically ranger doesn’t have any atm) some weapon skills need to be changed. As for me I would leave pet only as a supporter with zero dmg output.

Glyph planting a seed, I don’t see a problem here. Seed needs to be plant first and it takes some time until it blossoms and also the effective radius is very small. Just move away to avoid it, easy as that. You also don’t stay in thief’s black powder do you?

Ancient seeds trait is still buged and is not working with most of ranger’s CCs. Increase the cd when it’s working properly.

in PvP

Posted by: DEATHsCLAW.1978

DEATHsCLAW.1978

Glyph planting a seed, I don’t see a problem here. Seed needs to be plant first and it takes some time until it blossoms and also the effective radius is very small. Just move away to avoid it, easy as that. You also don’t stay in thief’s black powder do you?

Ancient seeds trait is still buged and is not working with most of ranger’s CCs. Increase the cd when it’s working properly.

a well played druid can proc ancient seeds pretty much on cooldown even if its bugged I found it to proc it regularly and I’m not a good ranger. then just press f2 and maul and gg..

the seeds well its just way too rewarding somewhat needs to change there.. I see the 2s proc time is there but still then it heals, cures 2 condis and blinds.. sure you can walk around but it takes some time which you really dont have against a druid,,
if they nerf the pet damage idk maybe that gives you the time and its no nerf necessary.

(edited by DEATHsCLAW.1978)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I main ranger so let me argue here a bit.

First, I have to agree that the pet dmg is absurd. Specially bristleback “F2”. Having the greatest burst in your pet is just bad idea. I agree here with the nerf needed, however to compensate the lack of burst (basically ranger doesn’t have any atm) some weapon skills need to be changed. As for me I would leave pet only as a supporter with zero dmg output.

No. Ranger doesn’t need compensation itself for pet nerf. They need to also nerf other OP specs to compensate.

in PvP

Miyu.8137

a well played druid can proc ancient seeds pretty much on cooldown even if its bugged I found it to proc it regularly and I’m not a good ranger. then just press f2 and maul and gg..

the seeds well its just way too rewarding somewhat needs to change there.. I see the 2s proc time is there but still then it heals, cures 2 condis and blinds.. sure you can walk around but it takes some time which you really dont have against a druid,,
if they nerf the pet damage idk maybe that gives you the time and its no nerf necessary.

Ancient seeds trait works best with nr4 skill of longbow. This is limited with the lbow skill cd, but its really working well. It’s working with greatsword as you mentioned, but basically only if you manage to stun your enemy, which means hitting him from behind. Any daze skill is basically not working unless the enemy actually stay on place, glyph of the tides is not working either. Using it together with your pet knock down is very hard as you have no intel about the pet skill cds. Also it sumoons roots which immobilize you and the roots are like 2hited by any mele weapon. But frankly, no problem here with me to make the cd 15sec.

About verdant etching, it’s true that it probably offers too much for too low efford. Healing, cleansing and blinding. I would even agree here that blinding should be removed from it.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

druid for the most part is balanced , i think the cheapness comes from being able to land big bursts of damage via smokescale and bristleback while being a bunker

and the ancient seeds having pulsing immobility , rangers already have the game’s strongest CC via their ultimate as it is , with that said make the seeds do 3s imobilize instead of pulsing and it should be much balanced

as for scrapper damage and sustain i ve seen this to be more of a learn to play issue
as for the damage coefficients people keep ignoring that scrapper skills are all multi hit skills and that is why in the wiki they have massive coefficients because for example Thunderclap has 3.6 damage scaling listed wich is much higher than even killshot yet you dont see thunderclap do 20k damage per pulse

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

in PvP

Miyu.8137

No. Ranger doesn’t need compensation itself for pet nerf. They need to also nerf other OP specs to compensate.

Such as? I see you are not very constructive, neither you know anything about rangers, just nerf the class, cause you are too bad to beat it?

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

regarding the next balance patch which is hopefully coming soon.. here are the most OP things listed:

reaper: deathly chill trait, nerf by 50% and ppl would still take it.. think that says it

scrapper: hammer damage coefficients and sustain..

daredevil: perma evade DD can still bunker against 5 players..
thief: dagger auto

ranger: bristleback and smokescale dmg
druid: glyph trait (planting seeds, especially the blind)
druid: ancient seeds trait: 10s cd passive pulsing immob.. increase cooldown

did I forget anything?

you forgot to think a bit before posting this kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Such as? I see you are not very constructive, neither you know anything about rangers, just nerf the class, cause you are too bad to beat it?

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that those pets are better than all other pets. Clear imbalance.

The bigger problem of this game is not just imbalance. It is the powercreep that completely makes it a spamfest. Start nerfing things now. I know short-sighted ppl like you will be unhappy about nerfs. But in the long run, it benefits everyone who wants to enjoy the game.

Also, I play a lot of rangers myself as well. In this era, all meta builds are super easy to play at a decent level. Claiming other ppl don’t understand how to beat a certain class is ignorant and stupid.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

" Thunderclap 20k per pulse"? Lol
With the hammer the scrapper doesnt have any decent range option so just kite. And nerf nerf nerf the hammer dps will kill the scrapper pvp and pve. But the #2 gsword reaper spamming 12k it´s normal.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

" Thunderclap 20k per pulse"? Lol
With the hammer the scrapper doesnt have any decent range option so just kite. And nerf nerf nerf the hammer dps will kill the scrapper pvp and pve. But the #2 gsword reaper spamming 12k it´s normal.

Wait, there are people complaining about Gravedigger???

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Ashkew.6584

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that those pets are better than all other pets. Clear imbalance.

The bigger problem of this game is not just imbalance. It is the powercreep that completely makes it a spamfest. Start nerfing things now. I know short-sighted ppl like you will be unhappy about nerfs. But in the long run, it benefits everyone who wants to enjoy the game.

Also, I play a lot of rangers myself as well. In this era, all meta builds are super easy to play at a decent level. Claiming other ppl don’t understand how to beat a certain class is ignorant and stupid.

I heard helseth mentioning the spamfest aswell, and i think the problem lies there. The fact that everything does to much damage on a to short cooldown. there is no punishment for missing a burst. Ppl don’t put thought into there attacks because of the spam nature of things

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I find elixir S annoying, particularly in light of anet’s destruction of Well of Precognition.
The Ele lightning bolt suxs too if they get the drop on you.

Must admit though, I don’t see anything that is outstandingly OP.( yes, this is Ithilwen saying this ) I will (very) grudgingly admit that balance is moving into better territory.

Having said that, Mesmer is hurting badly. History tells me that anet will allow that situation to continue for years.

The problem comes in when you have a coordinated group of two or more of the same profession. There’s a synergy when two or more can stagger there cooldowns and use complimentary skills.

The first situation that comes to mind is two rangers. Alternating pet cc and entangle. One CC’s while the other uses rapid fire. one pet cc’s, then the other. In a scenario like that, the cheese factor gets very high.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Nerfing things that has been fixed or buff is no good, as some of the few suggested what we need is more power creep.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Miyu.8137

I clearly said the pets should be nerfed. You said not only pets but the ranger itself should be nerfed. I again ask you to bring something on the table, you only saying it should be nerfed, but how? What is so op according you? Also I even admited in the posts before, that something about rangers should be nerfed so there you go with your nonsence answer. The only one stupid is you here seriously, either bring some concrete stuff or better don’t post at all. Also I seriously doubt that you actually know smth about pvp and balance in general.

in PvP

Ashkew.6584

What i would like is an animation visible on the ranger when he uses his f2.

in PvP

Posted by: Floplag.4032

Floplag.4032

I’ve come to the conclusion that most people in this game have no clue how to actually deal with a ranged class.
They got the DH nerfed and now… its the Ranger, when neither is/was meta and there are far other more OP concerns.

in PvP

Chapell.1346

an animation visible on the ranger when he uses his f2.

Sounds nice, but then again they put the F2 Animation through pet and i think it can be interrupted (the pet not the Ranger) has any of you done it before? would love to see some light about this stuff if necessary, cos i play glass Thief and feels like Ranger pet has more prowess than mine.

[Urge]

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Ancient seeds trait works best with nr4 skill of longbow. This is limited with the lbow skill cd, but its really working well. It’s working with greatsword as you mentioned, but basically only if you manage to stun your enemy, which means hitting him from behind. Any daze skill is basically not working unless the enemy actually stay on place, glyph of the tides is not working either. Using it together with your pet knock down is very hard as you have no intel about the pet skill cds. Also it sumoons roots which immobilize you and the roots are like 2hited by any mele weapon. But frankly, no problem here with me to make the cd 15sec.

About verdant etching, it’s true that it probably offers too much for too low efford. Healing, cleansing and blinding. I would even agree here that blinding should be removed from it.

Knockback will came after pet swap, not that difficult to coordinate that one at least

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Sounds nice, but then again they put the F2 Animation through pet and i think it can be interrupted (the pet not the Ranger) has any of you done it before? would love to see some light about this stuff if necessary, cos i play glass Thief and feels like Ranger pet has more prowess than mine.

I usually interrupt Bristleback burst with double #3 on RS

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Thief pets are a less than optimal choice in PvP. They don’t work particularly well and haven’t as far as I can remember.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

What’s the counterplay to dragonhunter traps?

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Floplag.4032

A brain?
Seriously there are many ways to avoid them but it begins with dont be leeroy, use your mitigation skills, line of sight, and a number of others pending your class.
If you are a thief its harder as they naively counter much of what you do or need to do, but every snake has to have its mongoose

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

I clearly said the pets should be nerfed. You said not only pets but the ranger itself should be nerfed. I again ask you to bring something on the table, you only saying it should be nerfed, but how? What is so op according you? Also I even admited in the posts before, that something about rangers should be nerfed so there you go with your nonsence answer. The only one stupid is you here seriously, either bring some concrete stuff or better don’t post at all. Also I seriously doubt that you actually know smth about pvp and balance in general.

He is right. Almost every single class, even non HoT ones, are overpowered to disgusting levels. Contrary to popular belief, having everyone being OP doesn’t make the game competitve ad fun. The powercreep is the main problem this game faces.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

If you want to nerf dagger auto then buff backstab: atm it hits for 3k on average and requires a lot of effort.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Chapell.1346

Bless you, it seems i can finally wield my pistols and make it viable.

[Urge]

in PvP

Krysard.1364

I usually mess around with a pp thief build, and the only impossible 1v1 so far are druids. If you outplay/outsmart the enemy and position yourself better, you can win everything, but it rly sucks against rangers. In a teamfight you can eat them tho.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Chapell.1346

I usually mess around with a pp thief build, and the only impossible 1v1 so far are druids.

I have no problem against Druid mostly, i can easily caught them offguard and off cooldown whenever happens. as much as possible i try to lure them in crowded area where i can sneak in using stealth as an opener.

In a teamfight you can eat them tho.

Noted.

[Urge]

in PvP

Miyu.8137

He is right. Almost every single class, even non HoT ones, are overpowered to disgusting levels. Contrary to popular belief, having everyone being OP doesn’t make the game competitve ad fun. The powercreep is the main problem this game faces.

Ok, then he should talk about nerfs in general.

But anyway, idk what is this powercreep bullkitten you guys talking about over and over again. The last meta was increadibly bunker. You saying everyone having too much power, but I can’t see ppl being one or two hited. Mostly I even see duels which takes too long or are endless even despite both oponents using offensive amulets. There is no problem with power in this game at all.

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

Thief can bunker vs 5 players…
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

pulmonary impact needs da nerfbat
4k against squishies is not balance
its poor design

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Troll post spotted.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Quadox.7834

But anyway, idk what is this powercreep bullkitten you guys talking about over and over again. The last meta was increadibly bunker. You saying everyone having too much power, but I can’t see ppl being one or two hited. Mostly I even see duels which takes too long or are endless even despite both oponents using offensive amulets. There is no problem with power in this game at all.

Let me explain. Powercreep doesn’t actually have anything to do with the power stat, as in, damage. Powercreep refers to an increased effectiveness of anything. For example: higher damage, more condis, shorter cooldowns, more boons, more dodges, more cc, etc.

Now you can go back and read our Posts again, and im sure you’ll understand =)))

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Let me explain. Powercreep doesn’t actually have anything to do with the power stat, as in, damage. Powercreep refers to an increased effectiveness of anything. For example: higher damage, more condis, shorter cooldowns, more boons, more dodges, more cc, etc.

Now you can go back and read our Posts again, and im sure you’ll understand =)))

Still doesn’t refute his point, if as you have said the power creeps are so insane then why is it that :
The last meta was increadibly bunker. You saying everyone having too much power, but I can’t see ppl being one or two hited. Mostly I even see duels which takes too long or are endless even despite both oponents using offensive amulets.

in PvP

Quadox.7834

Still doesn’t refute his point, if as you have said the power creeps are so insane then why is it that :
The last meta was increadibly bunker. You saying everyone having too much power, but I can’t see ppl being one or two hited. Mostly I even see duels which takes too long or are endless even despite both oponents using offensive amulets.

People should just not post in balance discussions if they don’t understand these concepts. Read my post again or look up another explanation of powercreep since you don’t seem to comprehend it. =)

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in PvP

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

A brain?
Seriously there are many ways to avoid them but it begins with dont be leeroy, use your mitigation skills, line of sight, and a number of others pending your class.
If you are a thief its harder as they naively counter much of what you do or need to do, but every snake has to have its mongoose

I don’t understand. How does LOSing help me avoid an invisible trap that is already laying on the ground somewhere?

Which mitigation skills help when Dragon’s Maw traps me, Piercing Light Dazes me, and Procession of Blades starts chopping me up?

I’m just back after a few months away, I have no HoT experience.

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

People should just not post in balance discussions if they don’t understand these concepts. Read my post again or look up another explanation of powercreep since you don’t seem to comprehend it. =)

Lol you are the one who lacks the critical skills to understand what I am saying. Let me dumb it down for you. According to you power creeps = shorter cc or more cc in general, let’s use wealth as an example. If you are poor and I rich,I pretty much expect you to notice the difference. However, if we are both rich, if anyone going to notice who is doing better than th3 other.; or are we not on equal standing so everything feels normal to us?. Brb

in PvP

Floplag.4032

A brain?

I don’t understand. How does LOSing help me avoid an invisible trap that is already laying on the ground somewhere?

Which mitigation skills help when Dragon’s Maw traps me, Piercing Light Dazes me, and Procession of Blades starts chopping me up?

I’m just back after a few months away, I have no HoT experience.

It doesnt help with that, you are combining a number of things i said into one scenario.
Consider this, its stationary… you have a chance to avoid it, unlike mes or necro wells which get placed on you.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

“Perma evade DD Thief can bunker 5 people..”

Haha lol.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Miyu.8137

I got you now. Still don’t understand how the meaning of the word relates with it though :-). But I have to agree with you in this case. The actual skill of players is being literally repressed by spamming of skills. No clue why Anet prefers this kind of PvP, but we are all in the same possition in the end.

But all I wanted to say is that the balance is very fragile. And even lots of you will say the balance is non existing, I think the balance is in a very very good possition and we should be really careful when it comes to demanding of nerfs.