pvp dishonor

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Nightcore.5621

Nightcore.5621

i was playin pvp and my game crashed i log back 1 minut after now i cant do pvp for 1 haour is that a joke really?

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Nope. The implementation of the dishonor system was long overdue. However, they DID mention that a disconnect should not put dishonor on you. Just wait it out.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Nightcore.5621

1 haour for 45 sekunds crash and i was back in 1 haour is way to mutch man maby 10 minuts or so but 1 haour thats lame

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Sinbold.8723

Not lame if someone does it on purpose.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Nightcore.5621

is lame thanks to that i well no longer support this game after so many years

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Penalty starts at much less. I think someone mentioned its 12 minutes or something like that.

This must mean you disconnected/left more than once in several games and your dishonor built up.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Sinbold.8723

From the wiki:
Acquisition

Queue Dodge (3 stacks) — Failing to accept a match queue prompt
Abandon (10 stacks) — Leaving a match. Disconnecting, relogging, or changing characters during a match does not grant dishonorable, with some exceptions
Being kicked by AFK detection automatically
Being absent from a match when the match has ended

Notes

Each time an account gains dishonor, the player will receive a timeout period that prevents the player from joining Unranked and Ranked Arenas in structured PvP.
It is possible to have stacks of dishonor without having an active timeout because dishonor decays at a much slower rate
Timeout periods increase exponentially based on how many stacks are currently on the account
Stacks expire while offline
Players are not prevented from joining Custom Arenas in structured PvP, World versus World, or playing PvE content
Dishonor is considered in the PvP Matchmaking Algorithm by preferring to place players with other players that also have dishonor.
Customer Support is not able to remove dishonor stacks or reduce the time that someone is prevented from joining rated games.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Sinbold.8723

Note the 10 stacks for “abandon”, but it says disconnecting does not grant dishonorable. If that’s truly what you did, file a bug report.

Not saying you did or did not, but last 2 times I DC’d from a pvp match (before loading the 64 bit client- have yo done that?) I did not receive any dishonor.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: kenny leone.2973

kenny leone.2973

man you guys need to reduce the dishonor timer nonsense, 1 hour! each time i dc and not happen to get back in time, like seriously, i was having fun with pvp but now u guys are ruining it, the whole concept doesnt make any sense, when i accepted to be in the match, unfortunately dced for a bit, came back in about 10mins left and i get an hours timeout, something that is out of ur control, its a game anet not school or work were u get ridiculous punishments, you seriously need to give this another thought and keep it fair but still fun, cuz atm 1 hour timeouts is not fun at all, gonna quit gw2 at this rate pvp is the only thing i enjoy, if anything make unranked timouts a bit more realistic, for ranked maybe be harsher but not 1 hour!

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I’m all for it. You wasted 4 other peoples queue time plus match time. Overall it balances out the minutes of time lost. Although based on what I’m reading you won’t get that long of a dishonor time for your first offense.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Tyeme.6589

Tyeme.6589

If you have an hour of dishonor, you deserve it and more imho. There’s an obvious pattern if you’ve reached the point of getting an hour for abandoning a match. Now, if the people who sit at spawn the entire match throwing insults at their team because they are down 40 points could get a days dishonor, I’d be super happy.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Has it been updated so that people are getting longer time outs for dishonour? If not an hour timeout would take a lot of abandoning matches and missing queues to get. Saying “PC crashed, got an hour timeout.” How many times did it “crash” before that?

If you have an hour of dishonor, you deserve it and more imho. There’s an obvious pattern if you’ve reached the point of getting an hour for abandoning a match. Now, if the people who sit at spawn the entire match throwing insults at their team because they are down 40 points could get a days dishonor, I’d be super happy.

People who stay in the spawn point the whole match are annoying and no more helpful than one who just disconects. If they throw insults at the team then maybe report for verbal abuse. Though if there was a dishonour system for staying in base I’m sure they’d find a way around that without helping their team. Like feeding the enemy team or simply leaving base and doing nothing.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Reveille.8397

Reveille.8397

If they are going to give you dishonor for failing to accept a queue, then why ask you if you want to accept. If you don’t accept the queue, you haven’t hurt the other players anymore than if you dismissed it, right? Or a player could just wait until the timer is at 1 or 2 seconds…

So, what am I missing here? Why is it dishonorable to change your mind, have to go to the bathroom (a biological need) or respond to a sudden emergency. Why kick a person out of rejoining? This only lowers the active amount of players in queue at any time. Actually, this is like punishing us with longer queue times.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

If they are going to give you dishonor for failing to accept a queue, then why ask you if you want to accept. If you don’t accept the queue, you haven’t hurt the other players anymore than if you dismissed it, right? Or a player could just wait until the timer is at 1 or 2 seconds…

So, what am I missing here? Why is it dishonorable to change your mind, have to go to the bathroom (a biological need) or respond to a sudden emergency. Why kick a person out of rejoining? This only lowers the active amount of players in queue at any time. Actually, this is like punishing us with longer queue times.

If a player constantly misses the initial queue then it’s a waste of matchmaking’s time. Not to mention a waste of player’s time too who are forced to sit at their keyboard to accept that ready up. If some player misses queue then others have to wait yet again for matchmaking to do its thing.

The population is too small for matchmaking to happen quickly. If we had a larger population then sure, there shouldn’t be dishonor for a 30s queue but some players wait for 3m at a time to get that queue pop up… only for some random player to miss it. A 2m dishonor for missing queue is fine.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Reveille.8397

Reveille.8397

If 10 of 20 players have dishonor on them and cannot queue at a given moment, then your active amount of people queuing up is now reduced by 50%. This is no better than the original predicament, and thus the queue time will be increased. It is only perpetuating the problem. Is is any different if a person clicks dismiss?

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

what you’re missing is this;

if you need to goto the bathroom then exit the queue first or wait till the queue pops and accept (you will then have ~1.2 mins to goto the bathroom before the match starts

if you have a sudden emergency then the 5 minute timeout that you may be hit with (longer if you consistently do this) will likely be over by the time you have dealt with the emergency…

people choosing no or not accepting increases the queue time for the other 9 already as they have to re-join the queue and wait for matchmaking to re-match them (it doesn’t just look for a 10th person to fill the spot) so not having people in the pool that consistently leave queues benefits those of us that actually want to play.

also you can only dismiss the window, not the queue. and that can only be done after accepting.

@ OP for there to have been a 1 hour ban you must be consistently disconnecting enough for your dishonour stacks to have gotten high enough to get to that point, it starts as an 8 minute ban, which if you disconnect and re-join the match after 2 minutes the timer starts right away so by the end of the match this will have lessened down to a negligible amount (unless you disconnect near the end of the match)

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Stone.7563

Stone.7563

Not lame, deal with it. As for the longer length of time its because you’ve done this multiple times. Its not far to everyone else in your matches.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Varyla.1592

Varyla.1592

I agree with you. I have a bad connexion because my box is quite old and I don’t have the money to change it yet.

At some hours, it can disconnect and reconnect several times, and you cannot know if it disconnect for few second or if Internet will let leave you for an hour. So sometimes you try it, sometimes you don’t, but results are random. I generally try to rejoin the party, but it is 50/50 it works or not.

It may also happen while queuing. The system does not even put me out when it is queueing so bam, more dishonnor. And as sometimes I have to reload the game (because it does not do it alone), I got again more.

Now, I have loooooong dishonnor times. And I never wanted to leave a match on my own. It seems it stacks days over days…

I feel the same as you : it is dobble punishment. You lose the match because of your connexion so you lose rank, and moreover you cannot play.

I don’t have the solution for that as the game needs a way to regulate volontary disconnexions. But I would prefer by far a “gold” penalty or losing more ranked points for that. I generally try to not queue in ranked match when I have troubles with my connexion (because there are stakes), but in regular matches, it is a bit too much…

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

The way the OP’s posts are written makes it seem like this is a troll.

Either way, the dishonor system is good the way it is. If it were any more lenient then people would just take advantage and go back to pressing alt+F4 any time something doesn’t go their way.

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Kaburro.4712

Kaburro.4712

Either way, the dishonor system is good the way it is. If it were any more lenient then people would just take advantage and go back to pressing alt+F4 any time something doesn’t go their way.

Jesus mate, are you a necromancer? You resurrected this post from the dead…

pvp dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Jesus mate, are you a necromancer? You resurrected this post from the dead…

Nope, that was the guy before me, but good eyes! I never look at the time posted lol.