pvp going downhill. unplayable.

in PvP

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

Having mained pvp and roaming wvw since release, i am sad to say i no longer play pvp, i havnt for a good 5 months now, i got a few legendary titles and even hit top 10 eu at one point, but with all the removal of sigils, and nerfing of everything that made it fun, i just dont enjoy it anymore.
WVW is also slowly being ruined by the sheer ammount of skilless condi spammage. Blocks are completely useless with the thief elite unblockable and necro unblockable staffs. And when these attacks not only go through block but add 3+ conditions it really forces you to play certain things, which i dont enjoy.
I love playing full berserker revenant which only has staff for clenses along with 1 clense on legend swap if you run that line, and sigil options.
Feel forced to play druid, or somthing which i deem less skilled to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

They need lower cd on every condi remove because 1 condi remove per 15-20s when in 5s i got tons of condis.Same with CC spam every 3-5s got stun but my stun break or stability got 10x more cd .More class need resistance boon.Split PVE condition dmg and PVP condition dmg. GW1 have one of the best skill balances but GW2 sucks here.Dont know why same peoples who work on GW1 cannot make PVE/PVP skills in GW2.CC and CONDI DAMAGE NEED REBALANCE IN PVP.

(edited by Pecar.1236)

in PvP

Posted by: syntohras.1064

syntohras.1064

Condi ist out of control now. Even worser in WvWvW due buffood. I do not understand what the devs are doing.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

You guys do understand that you shouldn’t be able to just clear condis as them come…. that would make conditions completely useless…. if you burn your condi clears on some condis and then get hit with 10 stacks of burn/bleed/torment/confusion/poison it’s not a design flaw you got outplayed or you probably shouldn’t have engaged that particular enemy.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Pecar.1236

condi spam is terrible and broken.You can see it in WvW where you get tons of stack every 5-10s with no solution to clean it.Condi/CC is terrible balanced because have 5x-10x lower cd that defense skill agains it.This is reason why GW2 is not great pvp game vs GW1 what have one of the best balanced pvp.Right now when you need have good dps you need have low or zero defense but when you want good condi dmg you can have good defense and good condi dmg what is terrible balanced when for dps you need 3 stats (power/prec/ferocity) and for condi you need only 1-2 stats.

(edited by Pecar.1236)

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

equip yourself with condi cleanse, not that hard

in PvP

Pecar.1236

kkk condi cleanse with big cd really help agains 4-5 stack of spammable conditions you save me thank god for you.

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Cleanse isn’t meant to save you completely. And the reason conditions even need to burst you down between cleanses is because cleanses exist.

Think about it this way. Power based build can hit for 10k. Condition build can hit a combo of conditions that will tick for 10k. But cleanse lets someone reduce the conditions damage down to say 5k. Now they buff the damage so it can do 8k with cleanse. But that means the total potential of the condis went from 10k to 16k.

The more cleanse you ask Anet to add, the more conditions will need to burst you down between the cleanses to do any damage. So if you want to reduce condition burst you should ask Anet to remove condition cleanses and rebalance conditions—not add them.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in PvP

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

What Thief elite unblockable? BV is one unblockable attack every 40 seconds. All of the rest of the time blocks work fine against a thief. Are you really saying you can not surivive an unblockable attack every 40 seconds?

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

Cleanse isn’t meant to save you completely. And the reason conditions even need to burst you down between cleanses is because cleanses exist.

Think about it this way. Power based build can hit for 10k. Condition build can hit a combo of conditions that will tick for 10k. But cleanse lets someone reduce the conditions damage down to say 5k. Now they buff the damage so it can do 8k with cleanse. But that means the total potential of the condis went from 10k to 16k.

The more cleanse you ask Anet to add, the more conditions will need to burst you down between the cleanses to do any damage. So if you want to reduce condition burst you should ask Anet to remove condition cleanses and rebalance conditions—not add them.

no no no, Power 10K = Condi 10K is a trick. if Power Hit 10K, then Condi should be 30K – 50K. You can look at their stat. That’s why all PVE/RAID use condi now. Their damage output is not in same level. But Condi need time and can be clean only.

And
The more cleanse you ask Anet to add, the more conditions will need to burst you down = The more block/inv/dodge/heal/boon/movement you ask Anet to add, the more damage/unblocked/cc/AoE will need to burst you down.
That is why HoT became a spammmm game and New player killer.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I’m not sure you disagree with me. My point stands that the more mitigation you provide the more burst/spike damage is needed. Of course that applies to power damage and the evade/invuln/block/reflect HoT powercreep.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in PvP

xeonage.1253

I just want new players can play and stay and make any fun in this game, but …….
I just want the MMR will work, but ……
I just want WvW change back to the past that 10-20 ppls Elite team vs 40-70 ppls army, but ……
When HoT coming …..
There all are the Power of spammmm, Power of powercreep, we have no place to stay ….

in PvP

xeonage.1253

I’m not sure you disagree with me. My point stands that the more mitigation you provide the more burst/spike damage is needed. Of course that applies to power damage and the evade/invuln/block/reflect HoT powercreep.

I sure agree with you.

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

They need lower cd on every condi remove

Nah. Condi removal is fine with maybe the exception of revenant could use a buff.

The problem is condi bomb skills are way, WAY too mindlessly spammable. They have almost no animation, hardly any cast time, very low cds, and many of them are even unblockable “just because” – like if an AOE instant cast skill wasn’t already BS enough they just HAVE to add unblockable on top of it for zero kitteng reason.

Condi skill in general are just easier to land and more consistent than their power counterpart. It’s interesting because anet was able to understand that instant cast horsesh1t was broken when it came to power stuns like headbutt, which they nerfed on warrior. But then they BUFF the exact same thing on a condi skill?

Anet needs a new balance team. One that actually understands skill based and interesting gameplay. Buttonmashing condi skills in not fun.

in PvP

Posted by: hiems.8769

hiems.8769

Nah. Condi removal is fine with maybe the exception of revenant could use a buff.

They just need to lower the cast time on staff 4, that’s all I would ask. Renewing wave have 1 second cast time with 15 seconds cd, and it’s pretty much the only way to deal with a big stack of condis. It’s way too much when you’re under condi pressure, feels like 10 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: gw niko.1049

gw niko.1049

Man there is too much spam of everything, heal, condi, burst, everything.
Anet doens´t know what they are doing for years now.
It was already going down the hill befor HoT and with HoT it just became alot worse.

I rly don´t know what they are thinking or if they are even ever looking into the forums.
People are posting this kind of posts for many years now and the only thing anet was every doing was patching things out what didn´t were a problem and were even working nicely. I´m still wondering about the 3-round-tpvp system with gems reward they pached out for no reason at all, because it was working well, population wasn´t a problem and the community was nice. In my personal view that was the start of the falldown of spvp.
They obviously must see that pvp/wvw is getting worse and worse and instead of fixing the real problems they are filling it with farming pve people.
It was a very nice base game and instead of fixing the real problems they are fooling us around with their expensions, hybing us with stuff like new elit-specs, gliders and now mounts and another elit-spec is coming probalby scewing it up for good this time.

I don´t know what anet is thinking. I can´t get it at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

They just need to lower the cast time on staff 4, that’s all I would ask. Renewing wave have 1 second cast time with 15 seconds cd, and it’s pretty much the only way to deal with a big stack of condis. It’s way too much when you’re under condi pressure, feels like 10 seconds.

Either that or make Malyx better.

The entire point of Malyx is to be condition based with resistance and a heal based on conditions, problem is the resist duration is way too low for the energy cost and has a cast time to boot. 1/2 cast time +30% energy for 2~3 seconds of resist is just not worth it in most cases.

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I do not understand what the devs are doing.

Some say that decision-making is a difficult thing … that’s why nothing happens more often than not. It’s certainly cheaper.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Agree with the general sentiment that the whole system is broken. We currently have an arms race between cleanse and condi spam.

DoT (in most games) is something that builds up .. “oT”, Over Time. The longer the fight goes, the more advantage a DoT player has.

GW2 has so much cleanse that this can never work. Condi builds only work if they have spammable stacks of high-damage condi. Other builds only work if they have boatloads of condi cleanse and/or long-lasting resistance.

IMO, the only way forward is to tear it all down and admit that it’s broken. Tone down cleanse to a normal level (say, current Revenant amount of cleanse). Remove cleanse from traits, sigils, etc. Put it on heal skills and maybe a few other support skills.

NOW tone down condi stacking so that it’s DoT not burst. No more 12x confusion stacks. No more 30-bleed-in-2-seconds. No more poison spam.