pvp needs soon the following features

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

- 2 vs 2 / / 3 vs 3 Game mode

- Guild Wars Game mode. Lord / / castle fights. Maps // isle // copy paste gw1 gvg / ha maps. Easy.

- Ladders with specific rewards for conquest. Unique titles, unique skins, unique weapons for pvp players.

- More skills / balance of existing skills. More build diversity.

- 1 vs 1 duel game mode.

- 8 vs 8 heroes ascent like game mode.

- precursors / legendary weapons for high performance on ladders both solo team q.

- Higher gold income from matches in pvp.

- Reworked rank system to convert it to rank 80 prestige system. New polished and prestigious finishers. Ways of showing pvp performance, leaderboard presence, experience in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

^this.

/15char

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

my top priority:

- proper ladder
- seasons
- automated tournaments
- random exotic weapon instead of worthless skins when finishing tracks

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

Sounds good, I do hope anet give pvp some love soon.

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

We need more dedicated healer roles for GvG to heal the npcs and your teammates. Guardian’s healing breeze is a very good skill although the cdis a bit high but we need more skills like that one.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Given all the fat buck they’re netting from the gem store, why care.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Rezz.8019

We need more dedicated healer roles for GvG to heal the npcs and your teammates. Guardian’s healing breeze is a very good skill although the cdis a bit high but we need more skills like that one.

What is the benefit of that? How would it improve PvP or gameplay? Can you please explain more?

Thanks!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

Currently the game is about damage and almost no support or healing. Imagine a foefire match without the capture points: the faster rushing team will win. People dont care about the minion npcs they go straight for the boss. With more/stronger npcs and healers you could get a skillful match. But not with the pvp as it is now.

in PvP

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

LOL yes we need bunkers to have even higher sustain. I was able to heal through 3 attackers on the point but when the 4th came in I just died. This is unacceptable. /s

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Legendary weaps are already available in PvP. You get them in PvE, either via crafting or purchasing. There has already been a few confirmed players who have received precursors from PvP rewards. Multiple items for crafting can also be obtained from PvP chests. Legendary weaps have also been given for high performance in the last ToL. Your asking for something that already exists.

in PvP

Rezz.8019

Currently the game is about damage and almost no support or healing. Imagine a foefire match without the capture points: the faster rushing team will win. People dont care about the minion npcs they go straight for the boss. With more/stronger npcs and healers you could get a skillful match. But not with the pvp as it is now.

I agree with NPC part. There is no way to save a guild lord if enemies get there.
However, game is already very much focused on bunkering. I really don’t see any benefit from bring in even more healers.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

- Guild Wars Game mode. Lord / / castle fights. Maps // isle // copy paste gw1 gvg / ha maps. Easy.

- Ladders with specific rewards for conquest. Unique titles, unique skins, unique weapons for pvp players.

- 1 vs 1 duel game mode.

- precursors / legendary weapons for high performance on ladders both solo team q.

- Reworked rank system to convert it to rank 80 prestige system. New polished and prestigious finishers. Ways of showing pvp performance, leaderboard presence, experience in pvp.

imo current gold is enough

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

LOL yes we need bunkers to have even higher sustain. I was able to heal through 3 attackers on the point but when the 4th came in I just died. This is unacceptable. /s

When i say dedicated healers i dont talk about 3k armor guardians. That would be a bunker. Dedicated healers are rather squishy players with big healing outputs. In other games this is achieved by letting heals crit so that healers will use heal/critchance/critseverity gear. In gw2 this is not the case and thats why you see selfhealing bunkers. Seems like this is the price for not having a trinity.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

- 1 vs 1 duel game mode.

If you plan to storage your stuff for the legendary you’ll never be able to craft via pvp then the answer is

ROFL NO.

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

There needs to be this + more. The ToL and reward track is not enough to keep players situated in pvp for long. I think anet misses the idea, they need some hardcore modes for for PvE and PvP to keep both PvE and PvP players entertained. This would also give new players something to look forward too.

Arenas, New Game modes, actual reward incentives (not waiting 2 -3 months for a tournament), Raids/Hardcore PvE material that takes a group of coordinated hardcore players to tackle and utilizes their unique combat system.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I agree with NPC part. There is no way to save a guild lord if enemies get there.
However, game is already very much focused on bunkering. I really don’t see any benefit from bring in even more healers.

Exactly. Actually, that’s even the opposite. Some bunker builds are having too big damage thanks to conditions. 5 bunkers/decap( i.e 2 guards 2 engi 1 war) should be able to recap points easily by kicking players off it, and to hold these. However, they shouldn’t be able to literraly destroy 5 squishy armors on a big fight

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

- 1 vs 1 duel game mode.

I don’t know how you can possible say that. The gold rate per hour in pve is much much higher.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

what PvP needs is a 10v10 Team Deathmatch system. No NPC to kill, no gates to PVD, and no capture points (hoora GvG can GTFO of my beloved WvW and hopefully, NEVER RETURN)

Then once that is implemented

Next on list: Proper skill splits to allow major overhauls in the rest of the game. Perhaps not in function, but in damage atleast.

Then once that is implemented.

Nerf maximum condition damage stat by 15% to make conditions more in line with pure power.
Buffing pure power to counteract conditions will make spike damage builds too OP.

oh and once that is implemented.

a proper introduction manual consisting of several gameplay videoes WITH commentary to explain WTH is going on to help newer players learn without having to go through weeks of online bullying to understand half of what is happening.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

i´d like some words about the R80 prestige system Evan talked about some time ago

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

More than anything, sPvP needs to be fun, even if you’re not winning.

In all other MMOs fun can be found and had, even in lost matches.

In GW2 winning isn’t that much fun in the first place, but losing is just down-right frustrating with the snowballing that happens after the first mid-fight is lost.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

bumped until dev answer

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

I’m not sure if I agree with this one, I go to soloQ when I’ve tested out a new build in hotjoin and want to try it in a more competitive environment, but if I would have to worry about my win-lose ratio I might simply stick to playing what I know best

in PvP

The Kurt.2518

More than anything, sPvP needs to be fun, even if you’re not winning.

In all other MMOs fun can be found and had, even in lost matches.

In GW2 winning isn’t that much fun in the first place, but losing is just down-right frustrating with the snowballing that happens after the first mid-fight is lost.

I actually think that GW2 has the most fun PvP out of all MMOs I’ve played, though maybe you are more experienced than me :P

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

Everything being discussed here has been brought up numerous times over the last 2 years. Anet wants conquests to be the defining game mode and will continue to force it down our throats regardless of what the pvp community wants. The devs won’t address it and have dodged questions about game modes (except for the CDI thread) for the longest time. There’s no public test realm and whatever they’re doing behind closed doors is for them to know only. We have no say in what direction this game is heading so that’s why we have players who don’t care any more.

in PvP

Posted by: buckeyecro.9614

buckeyecro.9614

I agree, a Public Beta Environment of some sort is a feature that should be implemented, that way the community can provide crucial feedback at all stages of the development process and quash bad things before they hit the live servers, and to greatly improve things, too.

I understand that Living World Plot elements are spoilers, but some things are no brainers for being in a PBE.

Second to that, there needs to be about 100 viable builds for each profession to use that exploit combat niches. Otherwise we’ll still have stale and uninteresting game-play that some of us are feeling. The new niches must revolve around Control and Support and be interesting and fun to use.

Sanctum of Rall NA Engineer Commander

Guild Wars 2 needs a Public Beta Environment

(edited by buckeyecro.9614)

in PvP

The Kurt.2518

New game modes were announced ages ago :P