pvp so confusing

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

hey guys. my name is arrdee.2573 and i am a new player. well i just got the game yesterday and boy oh boy pvp is just confusing! i keep joining solo and team arenas trying for glorious armor and i feel like all i do is cause my team to lose. i noticed you guys put some helpful restrictions in pve and maybe it might be a good idea to place these helpful restrictions in pvp too.

for example i have no idea how to play this game. i have no idea what it means when people say rotations. i can’t even spell rotations. i think it might be a good idea to restrict me to only hotjoins until i reach a certain rank in pvp so i can learn this game.i also think that i should get matched up with people that have a similar rating as me. why am i getting matched up with the most skilled players in this game as a new player? it’s crazy.

anyway that’s just the perspective of me, arrdee.2573, a new player. thanks for reading

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

veewee if your playing solo q just switch to turret spec. but seriously i agree. they level gate the pve kitten and dont do rank gate pvp, which makes more sense because its harder to learn. matchmaking also is weird. i get matched against top 100s all the time and im not good

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Hello frands! Heavens Rage here, #1 Guard NA and best rez bot!

I do agree there should be some type of requirement before can just jump straight into solo/teamq. However, changing the mmr system won’t really help. The player base is so small, that even the best matching system would still have a lot of issues.

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

hey man thanks for responding. idk what vee wee is but i tried playing turret spec on my engi but i read that it’s a bad build and man they were right. the only people i could beat were people as new or as bad as me.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

hey man thanks for responding. idk what vee wee is but i tried playing turret spec on my engi but i read that it’s a bad build and man they were right. the only people i could beat were people as new or as bad as me.

Seriously thats how bad NA is at GW2. anyone who plays “competively” is a joke

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Preaching to the choir VeeWee, everyone’s been begging for that sort of restriction forever and they just won’t listen.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

It’s not that simple (IMO). Let’s say you don’t allow people to play rated matches until rank 20 – that means they have to play hotjoin where they will learn the polar opposite of things one should do during a match. Maybe this would just make everything a lot worse.

If we we ever want to have a healthy PvP, hotjoin needs to go and some kind of unranked que with hidden matchmaking has to take its place. CAs would stay ofc, but with rank rewards removed, solely for practice, fun, dailies or tournament organizing.

Or just no longer give rank points to the loser team, so they may actually try to figure things out and play to win – autobalance abusing would still be an issue and matches would still be uneven pretty much every single time.

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: baerly.7204

baerly.7204

If we we ever want to have a healthy PvP, hotjoin needs to go and some kind of unranked que with hidden matchmaking has to take its place.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

*If we we ever want to have a healthy PvP, hotjoin needs to go* and some kind of unranked que with hidden matchmaking has to take its place.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Or just no longer give rank points to the loser team, so they may actually try to figure things out and play to win …. matches would still be uneven pretty much every single time.

Archaon is that you ? :P
The jail in Archage , misses you :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

its also stupid they put new player at 50%.

They will lose first 10x matches in a row, and never come back to pvp.

If they win something, boom they skyrocket over 90% where they are being beaten and called S…..T again.

Put them on lower % and slower rise.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Or just no longer give rank points to the loser team, so they may actually try to figure things out and play to win …. matches would still be uneven pretty much every single time.

Archaon is that you ? :P
The jail in Archage , misses you :P

I have no idea why you think I’m him but just to clarify – you are knocking on the wrong door :P

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I love veewee.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I love veewee.

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Too confusing?

Warrior and Guardian are professions for you, my frand!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

Baldur [SL]

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

It’s not that simple (IMO). Let’s say you don’t allow people to play rated matches until rank 20 – that means they have to play hotjoin where they will learn the polar opposite of things one should do during a match. Maybe this would just make everything a lot worse.

If we we ever want to have a healthy PvP, hotjoin needs to go and some kind of unranked que with hidden matchmaking has to take its place. CAs would stay ofc, but with rank rewards removed, solely for practice, fun, dailies or tournament organizing.

Or just no longer give rank points to the loser team, so they may actually try to figure things out and play to win – autobalance abusing would still be an issue and matches would still be uneven pretty much every single time.

Hot join can stay, but Skyhammer has to go.
It causes equal amount of frustration to newbies and veterans alike.

pvp so confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Go try a 2 kits build and you’ll still get slaughtered, but this time even faster.
Your opinion of whether which build is strong or weak has 0 validity.