in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

please respond.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Not yet. Better than before, but the games population needs a major boost first.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

They’d have to make the game entertaining to watch.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Did you watch BLUs shout cast with the new spectator mode? I doubt it. GW2 is heavily animation based which makes it fantastic to watch when you can view it from static locations.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

Did you watch BLUs shout cast with the new spectator mode? I doubt it. GW2 is heavily animation based which makes it fantastic to watch when you can view it from static locations.

I did and it was boring as balls, all i saw was ppl spaming stuff and throwing aoes and making clusterkittens everywhere.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I did and it was boring as balls, all i saw was ppl spaming stuff and throwing aoes and making clusterkittens everywhere.

No game is fun to watch if you don’t even know what profession/class/champion does what.

I think LoL is boring as hell, it just looks like a clusterkitten to me because I don’t know what champion does what.

Read up on the professions and you will start to understand kitten too.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

No game is fun to watch if you don’t even know what profession/class/champion does what.

I think LoL is boring as hell, it just looks like a clusterkitten to me because I don’t know what champion does what.

Oh i do what every1 does rotation and kitten i been playing this game since beta i think at one point this blu guy said “this guys are throwing stuff everywhere” or “that guy is getting focused with aoes”.
Yeah dude dont try to defend what its obvious … its boring to watch that is all.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Oh i do what every1 does rotation and kitten i been playing this game since beta i think at one point this blu guy said “this guys are throwing stuff everywhere” or “that guy is getting focused with aoes”.
Yeah dude dont try to defend what its obvious … its boring to watch that is all.

Don’t try to make your opinion as a fact.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

In my opinion GW2 is a lot more interesting to watch than LoL. I dont see how LoL got so popular. Players have like 5 abilities and there’s a lot of npc farming. No thanks.

I dont know if this game will ever get into an E-sports circuit. But there’s definitely potential now for the pvp to develop a solid community and playerbase. Anet just needs to look at what becomes popular in custom arenas and build on that.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

It’s almost like different people like different things.

To jump on the LoL-hate circlejerk, I think that game is spammy and boring as hell to watch too. Spam 1-4 and kill people, good job you’re great at the game. I actually enjoy PvP in my PvP game, which is part of the reason why I hate GW2’s conquest too.

The GW2 eSport train has long passed I think. If we were in October or something this would be a good change, as it is there’s no sPvP community to make updates for anyways. If anyone else was in change of sPvP development, GW2 would be a kittening amazing PvP MMO. But nope.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Still kiting wars so no, until they dont fix melee this game will never be popular.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Not yet.
/15 char

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

well its unfair to judge from blu’s stream just yet, since he is still inexperienced with casting, but once he starts practicing then he will be able to call out the important abilities and filter out the none important things going on.

I would say this is a step in the right direction, but it would be best to give it time right now, instead of trying to judge it on what little we have to go on.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

still conquest only, so no. How often do you see even fights in conquest? Like never. It’s always a 1v1 that ends in a 1v2 or 2v2 that ends in a 2v3, not exciting to watch someone slide over to a point to gang bang a roamer. Khylo prolly the only map that would be better to watch.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

oh good, we now have esport functionality for a joke of a pvp game

No its not esport viable, not when balance and design is dictated by people who dont even know the game they made and a 5 sig warrior

every class in the game needs QoL and design changes, you got kitten like warriors who are so simple to play they have nothing dynamic, this is more unfair to warriors then it is to other more complicated classes like engineer or ele

then we have this domination gamemode as the primary focus for balance, who the kitten came up with this stupid idea? you dont spend 2 years marketing a “role-less” MMO, put in roles and then FAIL at it, that’s not only false advertising, its stupid like someone really dropped the bundle here

full defense bunkers are bad, period
full damage roamers are also bad, period

if a class has survivability problems as full glass, you dont buff damage and expect people to invest into defense patch day

fact is, you invested into a single gamemode, you have nobody playing because its brickwalls vs speed addicts: the esport and most people dont want to be a wall or addicted to speed

alot of time wasted making the same game with a different gimmick, probably would of made the spvp player base more happy if you just mailed everyone a rytlock plush doll and had them play fighting games in a sandpit with them

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

^agree, proper healers need to make a comeback with a vengeance, its the only thing that can save this game.

Dead men hold no points, trying to balance around it is an exercise in futility.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

It all depends on whether or not there is an audience for it. Even if Guild Wars 2 got a big sponsorship, it wouldn’t matter if there’s no one who wants to watch it. The game also lacks identity, in that it’s still unclear if professions are only meant to only have one or two builds each, or if ArenaNet wants to balance the game to cater for more creative builds.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

^agree, proper healers need to make a comeback with a vengeance, its the only thing that can save this game.

Dead men hold no points, trying to balance around it is an exercise in futility.

anet doesn’t need to implement healers, anet has to follow through with its original concepts and promises

they should not of wasted time with esports features for a game that hardly resembles a playable pvp game, dark souls is somehow more balanced then this at sl100 and sl120, that’s pretty depressing

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

I’d describe it as beta ready! Maybe even launch ready!

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

anet: designs best healer class in genre, throws it away so they can be unique flowers and innovaters.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Not yet. Better than before, but the games population needs a major boost first.

I would like to rescind this comment. After reading dev responses on this forum I have no faith that this game will ever have a full set of proper tools required for proper viewing, a large enough population to create and sustain a league, nor a team that is willing to continue to develop new and exciting content for league play.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

In my opinion GW2 is a lot more interesting to watch than LoL. I dont see how LoL got so popular. Players have like 5 abilities and there’s a lot of npc farming. No thanks.

I dont know if this game will ever get into an E-sports circuit. But there’s definitely potential now for the pvp to develop a solid community and playerbase. Anet just needs to look at what becomes popular in custom arenas and build on that.

There are allot of good players and the skill cap is VERY high.
Killing npcs is more entertaining than afk’ing at a back point.

GW2’s combat, short of rezzing is allright for shout casting and whatnot.
Conquest is utter trash.

After reading dev responses on this forum I have no faith that this game will ever have a full set of proper tools required for proper viewing, a large enough population to create and sustain a league, nor a team that is willing to continue to develop new and exciting content for league play.

Welcome to the club, took you long enough…
:P

r we esports now?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

There are allot of good players and the skill cap is VERY high.
Killing npcs is more entertaining than afk’ing at a back point.

GW2’s combat, short of rezzing is allright for shout casting and whatnot.
Conquest is utter trash.

After reading dev responses on this forum I have no faith that this game will ever have a full set of proper tools required for proper viewing, a large enough population to create and sustain a league, nor a team that is willing to continue to develop new and exciting content for league play.

Welcome to the club, took you long enough…
:P

I held out faith as long as I could… sadly, like most the community, the faith is gone.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

it’s not esports because the pvp is not too interesting.
what would make it interesting: longer, sustained fights.
support classes & skills that can keep a team alive.
they don’t need to add “healers”, they just need to give professions support skills that are actually useful. think “spirit bond” from gw1, guardian, aegis, shielding hands. All the support skills they have now are boring and ineffective at stopping spikes. conquest is terrible because it’s the only game mode in existence for any pvp game that tries so hard to prevent team fights.

r we esports now?

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

I would like to rescind this comment. After reading dev responses on this forum I have no faith that this game will ever have a full set of proper tools required for proper viewing, a large enough population to create and sustain a league, nor a team that is willing to continue to develop new and exciting content for league play.

now that you open your eyes, you can facedesk constantly at the people that still believe blindly on anet like most of us do. they are “ohhh they are working on in it they gave us this half made feature that any other game has but anet is the best!11 praise jesu ermm praise anet!”

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Eccentric Duck.7510

Eccentric Duck.7510

#WE ESPORTS NOW

Salad engineer

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I held out faith as long as I could… sadly, like most the community, the faith is gone.

Same here…
I was actually willing to give the game a little more time if custom arenas were even mediocrely well done and the changes to spirit/pets were somewhat on track (yet they went 0 for 3).

Anyways, I had no expectations for the observer mode, I just wanted, finally, a good hotjoin setup for PvP… but it still doesn’t exist…

For christ’s sakes observer mode bled over to actually HURTING PvP as people now have to sit and afk in a game to observe… that’s by far the kittentiest ‘feature’ I have ever seen put in a PvP game.
Including beta ones.
That in a sequal to a game that has done it all… not flaming looking forward enough to realize they might need the game’s engine to be able to support observer mode?!?!

I just can’t believe that these are the same people who made GW1…
Either they got terribly lucky the first time or have to stop doing drugs.

(edited by garethh.3518)

r we esports now?

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

You average player doesn’t want to watch matches. Those other games that are e-sports have gigantic player bases so even if only a relatively small percentage enjoys watching matches and casting thats thousands or tens of thousands of players. When this game has 100k people regulary playing tpvp in N/A then we can starting talking about real e-sports.

(edited by Kwll.1468)