ranged vs melee

ranged vs melee

in PvP

Posted by: Ranc.7192

Ranc.7192

I feel melee players get the short end of the stick when it comes to spvp, I play a guardian and i have no ranged weapons to choose from, (and no I dont call a scepter a ranged weapon its damage is laughable). Im sick of being kited around all day. I have to use my greatsword because of its leap, but that doesnt work half the time, if a ranger is standing on the roof of a building shooting at me and I try to use my greatsword leap to him I will hit the wall and fall down. My leap should LEAP to him if i am close enough to him. That is my only beef, the greatsword leap is a good gap closer if we are both on the same level or he is 10m away from me, but if he is above me or 30m (shooting at me) away my leap doesnt work.

Rexir-80 Guardian
Guild- [EMP]
Server-Jade Quarry

ranged vs melee

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

I honestly have never had this problem with any of the melee classes. Their are so many gap closers, snares,roots,knock downs, ect maybe look at your build or trait skills and take some of the things ive mentioned cause i know gaurds have them.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

ranged vs melee

in PvP

Posted by: Zenedin.2139

Zenedin.2139

You have a lot more to close distance than just leap. Explore your other “melee” weapons and your utilities

ranged vs melee

in PvP

Posted by: Diage.6451

Diage.6451

I play guardian as well, and I have absolutely no trouble with ranged characters. You have enough control/survivability options to force them from that point if you learn to use them properly. A guardian isn’t meant to have a pure damage spec, they are endurance fighters. If you wish to make a guardian with damage, then he will do damage over time, probably with his auto attack, that will eventually kill your opponent because you can outlast them. Also, a staff is a good ranged weapon. Great survivability, mediocre damage, some control, and a lot of support. If you continue to have trouble with ranged classes, then consider getting wall of reflection and have a laugh as ranged classes chunk away half their hp on their own. Even more amusing when a ranger uses their knock-back skill and knocks themselves off their perch.

ranged vs melee

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

I play guard in SPvP tourney and have no trouble closing gap.. #5 on your 2h sword is amazing. Leap is useful but the other utilites give other things as well.. Hold the line is a useful buff for this if you are 1v1 someone and they run.. you get 33% speed boost for 11 1/2 sec and a bunch of other stats as well. Explore your options. Anet has already stated there are builds in the game that we have yet to discover.. Explore!

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

ranged vs melee

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

I feel melee players get the short end of the stick when it comes to spvp, I play a guardian and i have no ranged weapons to choose from, (and no I dont call a scepter a ranged weapon its damage is laughable). Im sick of being kited around all day. I have to use my greatsword because of its leap, but that doesnt work half the time, if a ranger is standing on the roof of a building shooting at me and I try to use my greatsword leap to him I will hit the wall and fall down. My leap should LEAP to him if i am close enough to him. That is my only beef, the greatsword leap is a good gap closer if we are both on the same level or he is 10m away from me, but if he is above me or 30m (shooting at me) away my leap doesnt work.

Then freaking move from below! He’s akittenranger and of course he’ll use his bows to obtain the most advantages as possible.

You’re a profession with a gazillion block and still complain, I only play d/d ele and most times I manage to catch those kiting rangers, if not I run away and lure them in a trap/dodge the hell out of rapid fire, to simply put it…stop complaining and start playing