ranger bleeds over the top

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

i stayed away, i cleansed one boatload but when i get hit with 77 bleeds over 20 sec fight, i am not sure how i am supposed to survive.

http://i.imgur.com/KaNu6Qf.jpg

(edited by gesho.9468)

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

77 bleeds on death recap means 77 ticks of bleeding. Bleeds also tick 1/second.

You were bleeding for 77 seconds.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

gesho.9468

31k bleed for 77 ticks?

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

31k bleed for 77 ticks?

That would be 30,996 damage divided over 77 ticks, or an average of 402.545 damage/second. Meaning for the 77 seconds you were bleeding, it was an average of ~4 bleeds on you.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: jonesy.1470

jonesy.1470

Yeah that’s seems fine too me , when it comes to condis bleeds and poision is the only thing dangerous the ranger has !

in PvP

gesho.9468

this is not the first time. few days ago i came against this build. i melted on my condi engi in less then 10 sec.
http://imgur.com/LKMlVtE

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

this is not the first time. few days ago i came against this build. i melted on my condi engi in less then 10 sec.
http://imgur.com/LKMlVtE

…did you link the right screenshot? All that tells us is that you were fighting a Minion Master on Temple of the Silent Storm as a condi ranger feeling the need to show off his traits in combat.

Sorry, you weren’t the one fighting, you were spectating. Still doesn’t demonstrate…anything at all.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

gesho.9468

well, as i said i went down earlier on my condi engi in less than 10 sec.
on the top of that chat he himself said he can 20 stack no prob, i believe each was about 90 per tic or so.
in the end – this is like death by thousand paper cuts, not much to dodge or avoid, but it happens so fast it feels more like burst.
i’ve watched it against some of the best cleansers, eles, guards, they all went down.
here is another sc of the same toon. notice 3k armor. he also had 2 condi cleans per survival util. very tanky and also very bursty in bleeds.
http://imgur.com/FqqlFVa
the build itself is not unique or anything, i’ve seen number of variations of this. it’s just overall too many bleeds too fast.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Step 1: face toward the Ranger. Congrats, you just cut his bleed application by ~60%

I could go with more steps, but honestly, simplicity is best. Dodge Entangle and you’re pretty much set as he is relying on his bleed on crit trait to do any damage if you keep facing him. Which, with the build you linked, is a mere 20% chance to actually proc if he has Fury at that moment. Otherwise, only ~13% chance.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

God help you when he puts on a torch…

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Then things do get trickier, yes. But that’s not what he’s complaining about.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Then things do get trickier, yes. But that’s not what he’s complaining about.

You’ve fairly well established the OP doesn’t know what he’s complaining about.

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Step 1: face toward the Ranger. Congrats, you just cut his bleed application by ~60%

I could go with more steps, but honestly, simplicity is best. Dodge Entangle and you’re pretty much set as he is relying on his bleed on crit trait to do any damage if you keep facing him. Which, with the build you linked, is a mere 20% chance to actually proc if he has Fury at that moment. Otherwise, only ~13% chance.

And that’s why I don’t use the shortbow on my condi survival ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

If he puts on a torch, throw torch is one of the easiest telegraphs to notice so I don’t see how that changes anything unless you feel the need to come hug his small radious bonfire.

Condi ranger is one of the weakest specs, it’s only a decent 1v1 class hardcountered by warriors, and it has no real aoe pressure whatsoever and is slow to kill and a slow roamer as well.

As if it wasn’t enough spirits were nerfed to hell and out of the meta and there are very few rangers in tournaments and none were included in the finals.

If he takes axe instead of shortbow all you gotta do is not be in melee range when he has an axe out so he can’t shotgun the bleeds, splitblade is pitifully slow in animation and easy to dodge as well and apply next to no bleeds at 400+ range.

I’m tired of this game being balanced around random hotjoin whines because somebody beat you 1v1 or killed you. Get used to it this is a PvP game and you’re not entitled to not dying ever in a match.

What other thing can a condi ranger do, hit you with his 200 damage axe autoattack or a 340 damage mainhand sword autoattack? Wait for his pet to not stop in place while trying to attack you and miss all its autoattacks against you because pets animate an autoattack locked in place so it will miss moving targets?

I mean, just come out with it and say you want a bunch of classes to be useless and free kills.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

sounds like a l2p issue

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Ranger is an L2P issue for sure but it does not change the fact that Ranger takes absolutely no skill. This has been the problem with that class since launch.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Ranger is an L2P issue for sure but it does not change the fact that Ranger takes absolutely no skill. This has been the problem with that class since launch.

I did not know that: since launch? wow!

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i stayed away, i cleansed one boatload but when i get hit with 77 bleeds over 20 sec fight, i am not sure how i am supposed to survive.

http://i.imgur.com/KaNu6Qf.jpg

as a mesmer how did you even cleanse a “boatload” of conditions?

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

31k bleed for 77 ticks?

That would be 30,996 damage divided over 77 ticks, or an average of 402.545 damage/second. Meaning for the 77 seconds you were bleeding, it was an average of ~4 bleeds on you.

He wasn’t bleeding for 77 seconds.

Rangers can apply 20+ stacks in a relatively short time period. But that would suggest OP was not dodging and just taking it to the chin.

in PvP

gesho.9468

there are some others too:
axe#2
sword#5
sb#4
pets have their oven bleeds
and crit bleed is a little more than 20%

dunno, may be this is me, but feels a lot to me.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Axe 2 is only dangerous in melee range.

Sword5……what? We dont have a sword five.

Sb#4 if I remember right htats crippling shot. Requires the pet to hit you which requires you to be standing still.

pet bleeds…..See previous comment.

crit bleed…. Just so you know blasting a poison field and giving him weakness will stop that from happening…at all.

All in all individually none of these are dangerous. They have to be partnered with other things in a layered effect for them to be a significant threat. Its why condi rangers rely quite a bit on immobilize. because it holds you still long enough for hte other effects to work.

Ill be hte FIRST to say condi ranger is very strong in 1v1. But then thats what its designed for. In team fights there fairly easy to counter/ignore.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

LOL what do want? For rnagers to not be a even decent condi character? It literally only has bleeds for dps where necros and mesmers you can stack multiple different condis.

Ranger you have to use rune of the krait with entangle and its a burst type of condi. Its easily removed and can be easily countered. Rangers arent good in melee, they struggle with Longbow in 5 vs 5 settings (where teams are actually communicating to win) and your trying to remove its only above average aspect.

WOW

in PvP

Zenith.7301

Plus pet bleeds don’t scale with the ranger’s gear so they virtually do damage the same as a character with 0 condition damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

This is a l2p issue.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

You do know that splitblade applies 5 stacks of bleeding in melee range?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Zenith.7301

You do know the OP was talking about a shortbow?

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

There are a lot of opinions in here from people who have never seriously practiced 1v1. If you had a decent amount of 1v1 focused practice against a “condi ranger” let’s say, you’d realize that it’s actually quite a balanced class and certainly not OP by any means.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

runeblade.7514

You do know that shortbow isn’t the only weapon set that applies bleed?

in PvP

Zenith.7301

But it competes with axe, since nobody uses axe+shortbow. And the OP is about shortbow bleeds.

in PvP

runeblade.7514

But it competes with axe, since nobody uses axe+shortbow. And the OP is about shortbow bleeds.

I see a lot of people using axe/dagger + shortbow condi ranger.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

31k bleed for 77 ticks?

Combat log says otherwise. If it were truly 77 individual bleed stack ticks, as you say, then each bleed stack would be dealing 402 damage/second. This requires 7,140 condition damage, which is more than double the maximum possible in WvW.

So yes, he was bleeding for 77 seconds.

@Shadelang: Weakness doesn’t prevent crits or crit procs, just crit damage. On crit traits, sigils, food, etc. operate at full capacity under Weakness.

@runeblade: Hence why I said 60% reduction instead of a higher number. High bleed stacks come from Shortbow.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Drarnor just mopped the floor with this thread. GG.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

31k bleed for 77 ticks?

Combat log says otherwise. If it were truly 77 individual bleed stack ticks, as you say, then each bleed stack would be dealing 402 damage/second. This requires 7,140 condition damage, which is more than double the maximum possible in WvW.

@Shadelang: Weakness doesn’t prevent crits or crit procs, just crit damage. On crit traits, sigils, food, etc. operate at full capacity under Weakness.

@runeblade: Hence why I said 60% reduction instead of a higher number. High bleed stacks come from Shortbow.

No. That’s not how the counter is working.

With 20660, Krait Rune/Rabid, look at Sharpening Stone utility. One bleed does 1,016 over 9.25 seconds. That is 109.8 damage per tick. With geomancy, two sharpening stones (one is traited), entangle, and bleeds off axe/dagger a ranger can stack some for 20+ bleed stacks. At 20 bleeding stacks you would be doing ~2196 bleeding damage per second. I know from testing on Svanir that number is somewhere in the ballpark to the actual dps.

The window he linked showed 77 hits for 30996 damage. Which you are right it is doing 402 d/s. Something is going on there. But there’s no way a condi ranger is only doing 402 d/s for 77 seconds.

My guess would be that OP got hit with bugged condi damage that started yesterday considering there’s no reason to discount his story that the encounter lasted about 20 seconds.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

31k bleed for 77 ticks?

No. That’s not how the counter is working.

With 20660, Krait Rune/Rabid, look at Sharpening Stone utility. One bleed does 1,016 over 9.25 seconds. That is 109.8 damage per tick. With geomancy, two sharpening stones (one is traited), entangle, and bleeds off axe/dagger a ranger can stack some for 20+ bleed stacks. At 20 bleeding stacks you would be doing ~2196 bleeding damage per second. I know from testing on Svanir that number is somewhere in the ballpark to the actual dps.

The window he linked showed 77 hits for 30996 damage. Which you are right it is doing 402 d/s. Something is going on there. But there’s no way a condi ranger is only doing 402 d/s for 77 seconds.

My guess would be that OP got hit with bugged condi damage that started yesterday considering there’s no reason to discount his story that the encounter lasted about 20 seconds.

402 d/s is the average. Consider the bleeds from Lynx which each only tick for 45/second, or the 57 seconds he was bleeding from before.

Each “hit” on the death recap is the damage you take from a single tick of a condition, regardless of how many stacks. It is not the damage taken from that many applications of the condition.

However, I do have reason to suspect the Death Recap does not properly reset when you leave combat. The OP has a pretty good example of this, claiming the fight lasted only 20 seconds, but the death log showing him bleeding for nearly a minute longer.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

combat log bugged. ranger bleeds are strong though.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

@OP. If you try to fight a ranger as a cele/rabid engi… u gon die m8! Welcome to the wonderful world of the engineer, where you roflstomp half the builds, and get rekt by the other half!

edit: I meant real ranger. Not that power kitten.