ranger npc in hotm

ranger npc in hotm

in PvP

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

When they copypasted the halloween lobby back in it came to my attention the ranger npc returned as well as the lake. I hadn’t noticed it missing but we had a great time killing it since it plays almost exactly like many actual ranger players.
Did it get moved somewhere or is it just gone for good? Seems like an oversight.

ranger npc in hotm

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Please just let the ranger NPC be gone.
It doesnt even come close to portray how a ranger works. Which means, it is a USELESS thing to fight.
The only thing you can learn from it is “this is how a terribad ranger plays, this is how easy it is to roflstomp it”.

So for the love of the six, Arenanet, please do not add it back. I love playing a Ranger myself, but that NPC (doesnt even have a pet) is a disgrace to the whole class.

You could re-add the underwater section though, it was refreshing to take a dip after a hard day practicing with the golems.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

ranger npc in hotm

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Better yet get rid of all of them..they really don’t help with anything. You want practice against classes then go in 1v1 servers.

Säïnt

ranger npc in hotm

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

but how else can we practice our moa skills without the npcs?

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

ranger npc in hotm

in PvP

SaintSnow.6593

Lol that mesmer is a joke.

Säïnt

ranger npc in hotm

in PvP

eyestrain.3056

All the npcs are semi worthless as examples of the class, but they do fight back with knockbacks/condis etc in ways the svanir/chieftain npcs dont. At least the ranger can actually kill glass who don’t know how to gap close, and provide a way to test how to get past rapid fire for newer players. I know because i’ve watched people in the builds and classes they usually play get killed by rapid fire lb ranger npc. It is really weird it doesnt have a pet though, considering the pet is already AI…

ranger npc in hotm

in PvP

SaintSnow.6593

Just like the mesmer has no clones. Svanir and Chieftain would like a word with you though, they have killed numerous amounts of players. Both in Forrest and hotm. I find it extremely amusing.

Säïnt

ranger npc in hotm

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

All the npcs are semi worthless as examples of the class, but they do fight back with knockbacks/condis etc in ways the svanir/chieftain npcs dont. At least the ranger can actually kill glass who don’t know how to gap close, and provide a way to test how to get past rapid fire for newer players. I know because i’ve watched people in the builds and classes they usually play get killed by rapid fire lb ranger npc. It is really weird it doesnt have a pet though, considering the pet is already AI…

except the Ranger NPC they used were using THE OLD and much much slower rapid fire. So you learned absolutely nothing from that NPC other then “this is how hard it can hit if i facetank it”

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

ranger npc in hotm

in PvP

eyestrain.3056

With the halloween copypaste the ranger had updated speed.

I’m not dissing svanir/chief/lord, they’re good for testing builds in combat. But it can be fun messing around with the class npcs even though they’re all awful representations.

ranger npc in hotm

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

With the halloween copypaste the ranger had updated speed.

I’m not dissing svanir/chief/lord, they’re good for testing builds in combat. But it can be fun messing around with the class npcs even though they’re all awful representations.

I really don’t see the point in the lord setup in HotM. The layout is identical at both ends of the Foefire map, so why can the training/practice one not be the same? The NPCs move around in entirely different ways in HotM, and this makes it pretty near to worthless for anyone wanting to practice a lord kill that isn’t “pull everything one by one”.