rank change

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: thijsken.5031

thijsken.5031

“harder to reach Platinum and Legendary. As such, we’ve revised the tiers for each rank”

Pretty sure that’s the entire purpose of the tiers? That legendary is really hard to reach?

rank change

in PvP

thijsken.5031

And hey lets add the worst 2 maps in the game to ranked aswell, while we’re at it…

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I don’t understand it either tbh. The whole reason why reaching those divisions was “hard” is because of wonky MM and rating gain/loss system (you play in negative unless you have 90% winrate and even with 90% winrate the gains are so abyssmal it takes ages to get anywhere). They should have addressed those issues if anything and the whole wintrading/cheating/exploiting crap that has been going for seasons now.

I don’t mind new maps so much, i really wish they would have removed skyhammer however alone due to buggy terrain.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: ibThuggin.1758

ibThuggin.1758

Meh those losers in the top 50 basically admitted they match manipulated the system by purposely losing all placement matches, having a duo buddy that was a main while the other was on a noob alt account. Once the MMR shifted, they switched positions, and tada, all got in the highest spots. Most ppl with an actual brain saw what was going on, but the white knight fanboys defended Anet to the end like they always will do.

This season will be no different, because none of those losers were even banned because Anet knows this game is dying so why ban some of their biggest supporters? Match manipulating or not, GG Anet.

rank change

in PvP

thijsken.5031

my main issue are the maps tho.

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: ibThuggin.1758

ibThuggin.1758

Match manipulating in the leader boards (which devs don’t even ban after they admit they did it) > a few crappy maps.

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

maybe it evens out, keep in mind that population may balance out the rank gain. I do think legendary should have been unchanged. It’s legendary for a reason imo.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

“harder to reach Platinum and Legendary. As such, we’ve revised the tiers for each rank”

Pretty sure that’s the entire purpose of the tiers? That legendary is really hard to reach?

It was harder than intended in season 6. Basically the volatility change in at the end of season 5 removed mmr inflation resulted in what we had in s6 where only two people got legendary.

When a entire division is more exclusive than the top ten you’ve got a issue.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

It was harder than intended in season 6. Basically the volatility change in at the end of season 5 removed mmr inflation resulted in what we had in s6 where only two people got legendary.

Did NA really deserve 1 legendary? xD

rank change

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Issue isn’t mmr inflation or reduction of it, issue is that you keep getting less and less rank points the more games you play. It also didn’t help that a lot of plat/legend players ended up in low gold after placement in season 6 which resulted in gaining like 5 ranks per win once you got into plat. Take a guess how many wins would it take to get to legend if you need to win 3 games just to make up for 1 loss and the gains are so small it takes easily hundreds of games to get anywhere?

The change in this patch is just another bandaid and doesn’t solve the actual cause of the issue. They should have limited the MMR range for matchmaking (which would result in longer queues but at least less one sided matches) and make it so your rank gain/losses are based on avg MMR of both teams and not only your personal vs avg enemy MMR (this is one of the reasons why rank gains/losses are so broken and making climbing nearly impossible unelss you farm bronzies at 5 am like some top players did). It has been pointed and discussed countless times for 2 seasons now and Anet somehow refuses to fix it even though those 2 issues along with removal of carrots is reasons why people continue to quit pvp or barely queue anymore. I personally went from playing few hundreds games per season to 100 games per season because the system is so unrewarding and matches feel more stressful (due to crappy MM) than my actual rl job.

All is Vain~

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

Maybe only 2 players were truly legendary?If everyone would be legend,whats the reason for that rank anyway?

OTAN guild,WSR server

rank change

in PvP

thijsken.5031

It just feels to me that people still have that mentality : " if I grind enough then I should get highest rank, all rewards, etc…"

That’s not how it should work imo, especially for PvP

rank change

in PvP

Cynz.9437

It just feels to me that people still have that mentality : " if I grind enough then I should get highest rank, all rewards, etc…"

That’s not how it should work imo, especially for PvP

No, atm it works like this: farm bronzies at 5am or be forced to carry 3 golds vs 4 legend players during prime time for 5 rank points at risk of losing 15+ ranks.

The rank range increase for divisions was a change nobody asked for really, at least i haven’t seen a single post about it.

All is Vain~

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

They refuse to take any steps that would increase queue times and since they wont we’ll always have awful matchmaking. I mean wtbfd couldn’t they at least try to enforce tighter MMR ranges and if queues were that bad you could just hotfix in something. They operate under totally flawed thought processes with the matchmaking. The number one goal should be match quality and that only comes by having all players in a extremely small rating range in a match.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

The cut off for each division is more or less arbitrary. It all comes down to what percentages of the population anet thinks should be in each. Anet figures having legendary be reserved to just the top .01% was a bit too exclusive for their liking so they are upping it to .07% for this season. Still very exclusive as only 14 people on na would have made the 1800 cut off last season.

This low number is probably due to the disproportionately high number of low tier players lost between seasons 5 and 6 which skewed the bell-curve towards mostly somewhat competitive players. When most of the old bronze division left due to no more easy ascended farm, previously silver players were dragged in to take their spots which had a bit of a domino effect all the way up to the top of the leaderboards. It would explain why literally everyone who was on the leaderboards for both seasons had a lower numerical rating in season 6. You can’t be highly rated unless there are enough people below you.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

rank change

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Yea, when they get to Legend then they’ll say; “it’s too hard to maintain my rank plox make it easier.” and then they’ll whine and whine.

Stop obliging the people who want PvP as easy as it comes Anet, because we’ll just be back to square one again.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash