rated 2v2-3v3-ratings-Duels. or no need to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Game.3085

Game.3085

as the title says ….or no need to pvp
know why?

because the whole point of pvp when you reach a big goal get a high rating you are able to show your skills to all the players you are basically becoming the IMBA player on the server but when you say Nah its gonna be like wow , well i would love to see an answer from arena net.

PS:wow arena failed because of healers and tanks and gear problems and the huge Unbalance issue in game while in guild wars 2 there is You and that all matters , all the classes you dont know how to play good its not the class its you.

in PvP

Posted by: Ako.6051

Ako.6051

I agree – to an extent.
I’m all for duels however I don’t know how well the game would work on a 2v2 or 3v3 environment. The smallest I would consider is a 5v5 style match – The game mechanics don’t fit for a highly skill-based 2v2/3v3.

Regardless. Duels 100% needed.

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

2v2 = Thief / Thief, Mesmer / Thief, Mesmer / Mesmer. (or go home)

3v3 = Thief / Thief / Mesmer, Thief / Mesmer / Mesmer, Thief /Mesmer / Guard, Thief / Guard / Thief, Mesmer / Guard / Mesmer (or go home)

Arena implemented, enjoy.

I’m only SLIGHTLY sarcastic here

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: irakai.6891

irakai.6891

3v3 = Thief / Thief / Mesmer, Thief / Mesmer / Mesmer, Thief /Mesmer / Guard, Thief / Guard / Thief, Mesmer / Guard / Mesmer (or go home)

You forgot Guard / Guard / Guard, and their wonderful circle of rez.

in PvP

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

I can see duels being implemented now, prepare for HotM to become a mesmer spamming zone wanna duel me?

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Thats exactly what I always think when people want arena matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Science.4207

Science.4207

Arenas ruined the pvp balance in wow. I never want to see them in any other game.

in PvP

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

I would like to see this added + i think thiefs wouldn’t be the best in arena because they mainly get kills by jumping in on a fight that’s already started from behind and repeating because of their high mobility.

Arenanet did a good job of separating pvp and pve buffs/nerfs in gw1, they could do the same but for arena only.

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

We have arena already its in 5v5 format and has capture the point style instead of deathmatch.
Duels? I would be all for duels, but only thing it would bring would be whining about balance issues.

in PvP

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

as the title says ….or no need to pvp
know why?

because the whole point of pvp when you reach a big goal get a high rating you are able to show your skills to all the players you are basically becoming the IMBA player on the server but when you say Nah its gonna be like wow , well i would love to see an answer from arena net.

PS:wow arena failed because of healers and tanks and gear problems and the huge Unbalance issue in game while in guild wars 2 there is You and that all matters , all the classes you dont know how to play good its not the class its you.

I agree buddy. Completely.

in PvP

Posted by: Lorienda.1349

Lorienda.1349

im still trying to understand if u are just a dumb kid or trying to be one.
3v3,2v2 not neede in this game the only thing needed is duel.
this game is designed for 5v5 and thats how it should be
wow fanboys like you not gonna change it.
my job is done here.

Jexster ~ Chieftain Ninjas

i cant have a bad picture i dont know why,ask god.

in PvP

Posted by: Otiz.3259

Otiz.3259

‘’Arenas ruined the pvp balance in wow. I never want to see them in any other game.’’

What a baseless andkitten statment.
That’s you opinion ’’dude’’ and not the actual fact.

in PvP

Posted by: Otiz.3259

Otiz.3259

im still trying to understand if u are just a dumb kid or trying to be one.
3v3,2v2 not neede in this game the only thing needed is duel.
this game is designed for 5v5 and thats how it should be
wow fanboys like you not gonna change it.
my job is done here.

Constructive.

‘’3v3,2v2 not neede in this game the only thing needed is duel.’’ – Your opinion

‘’this game is designed for 5v5 and thats how it should be ’’ – Your opinion, every person is intetled to his own, why should you decide for the mass?

‘’wow fanboys like you not gonna change it.’’ – You are assuming becaus his view is different from your’s, so then he must be an ’’idiot’’ ?

‘’my job is done here’’ – Yes, you contributed with nothing constructive and degraded the debate by a seizeable amount. GJ.

in PvP

Posted by: Ace of Spades.6325

Ace of Spades.6325

WoW Arena wasn’t gear based, and it didn’t fail cuz of healers, it failed cuz at high lv it is too hard to understand for the average player, making it not fun to watch.

Only lowrated players can think arena was gear based.

Master of Disaster, team Super Squad
http://www.youtube.com/user/iamgrunt100?feature=mhee

in PvP

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

2v2 or 3v3 doesn’t make sense, this is a team game, it should be 5v5 or not implemented

in PvP

Posted by: Tarof.4692

Tarof.4692

While its 5v5 most fights revolve around 1v1, 2v2 at capture points so i dont realy see the need for that setup.

What this game need is more 5v5 fights instead of smal skirm all over the maps.

in PvP

Posted by: Badtrip.2760

Badtrip.2760

First of all thanks for starting this topic.

Personally I would be very disappointed if Arena net wouldn’t implement arena in Guild Wars 2 . (inside hint)

I was a huge fan of World of Warcraft arena, it was the only reason i played the game for so many years. Arena was basically “The PvP” for highly “skilled” players in WoW.
The ranking system was just awesome.
I know it had it’s problems, class balance, abuse, etc. but overall it was just a very good experience and I think the whole WoW arena community would agree with me.

While WwW is fun and all and Spvp can be very successful in bringing in an e-sport kind of PvP like FPS games as Halo do, the implementation of Guild Wars arena could allow people like me to play with their one, two or three friends as a small group without the need of group organization. Joining would be quick and easy and a ladder system would definitely be beneficial.
Arena wouldn’t hurt as an additional mode of PvP and i see lots people enjoying it.
This would draw the attention of all players that like arena kind PvP to Guild Wars.
I think Arena net is capable of doing a better arena mode than anyone else has done.

Here’s some things that came to my mind after 10 seconds of intense thinking:
Some solid points, just really quickly done. I bet you guys can add a ton more!

- small grouped PvP (huge plus for me, this would bind me to this game for ever)
- competitive PvP for small groups
- better options for causal players
- a death match in PvP which doesn’t exist yet. (Killing doesn’t win you games.)
- a new tactical feel (killing opponents rather than capturing zones.)
- more content for all players
- an option for more esport
- new fanbase
- lots of new players joining only because arena exists
- tons of fun!
- and for the most part more longevity

Any kind of reply from Arena net team would be greatly appreciated here.
And of course I’d love to hear more of other players opinions.

Sorry for any kind of mistakes, repetitive statements or whatever I may have done. I haven’t slept for like 1 1/2 days now :/.

in PvP

Posted by: Ace of Spades.6325

Ace of Spades.6325

@Badtrip, i was 2.9k in wow, and i tell you that Arena is the last thing you’ll see in GW2, it failed as an esport in wow and blc, they’ll not implement it into the game, even if it’s just for fun.
If they do, people would start playing it too much, and screaming for balance…

The fact is that Arena at the highest lv is impossible to follow for average players, it’s a terrible esport.

Arena is a bad idea for the game itself, it might be fun for us, but wouldn’t do any good at game. They are not stupid, they will not try something that failed already so many times.

Master of Disaster, team Super Squad
http://www.youtube.com/user/iamgrunt100?feature=mhee

in PvP

Posted by: Badtrip.2760

Badtrip.2760

Ace of Spades thanks for your answer and opinion.
Just among us, I was even a little bit higher rated :pp.

It may be because I’m veeeery sleepy right now but at the moment I don’t see why it could be so bad for Guild Wars. I mean if players start to play something so much isn’t that more of a good thing? Doesn’t that mean that something is wanted and a lot of people are craving for it (like me)?

I can’t think of any company that doesn’t want to put something out because they fear everybody is going to want it so bad they are going to go crazy about.
It could mean tears, rage, haters but personally I think that’s pretty much normal in anything that’s popular. There are always going to people who hate for whatever reason.

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

I think the way combos work in this game and the downed state could make for some interesting arenas. I love getting into 3v3s and 2v2s in the middle of tourneys. Just because wow’s arena failed as an esport because it is hard to understand for outsiders, does not mean that it wasn’t loved by the players. Most wow pvp’ers only played for the arenas.

in PvP

Posted by: Game.3085

Game.3085

please guys dont get me wrong all i want is to have fun in pvp in this game if 2v2-3v3 is not an option then make 5v5 a death match and not a BG like match cuz 5v5 capture point arena feels like a premade vs premade match:(

but duels are needed

in PvP

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Ace of Spades thanks for your answer and opinion.
Just among us, I was even a little bit higher rated :pp.

It may be because I’m veeeery sleepy right now but at the moment I don’t see why it could be so bad for Guild Wars. I mean if players start to play something so much isn’t that more of a good thing? Doesn’t that mean that something is wanted and a lot of people are craving for it (like me)?

I can’t think of any company that doesn’t want to put something out because they fear everybody is going to want it so bad they are going to go crazy about.
It could mean tears, rage, haters but personally I think that’s pretty much normal in anything that’s popular. There are always going to people who hate for whatever reason.

Well a arena, “arena-ish” game type would need alot of obstacles and ways to get out of los or else its just a huge burst fest.

in PvP

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

While its 5v5 most fights revolve around 1v1, 2v2 at capture points so i dont realy see the need for that setup.

What this game need is more 5v5 fights instead of smal skirm all over the maps.

I didn’t read the entire post but I agree with this. True team fights where all 5 of you are working together in the same spot instead of being spread out all over the map. That would be fun and wouldn’t cause any balance issues unlike a 2v2/3v3 would.