"rating/division"= " Caste system"?

in PvP

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

Hi
Could anyone answer this:
In my first 10 games, I won 6 and lost 4.
Got a rating of around 900 and got placed in bronce.
Right now I have played 43 games in ranked and won 22 ( so thats around 50%)

Does previous seasons count towards my rating?..because i seen a lot of new players getting placed in silver and gold, even though they lost more than they won.?

Getting around 50% win rating, does that mean that im stuck in bronce forever?
If so, that sounds a lot like the system they have in India called “caste”….

P.S: I solo most of the time, will it be better to team up and duo que?

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

If I recall its old rating + 1200 * .5 to decide initial rating then some variance for you performance over 10 games. So yes prior rating still plays into it quite a bit.

I soloqd to play around 70% win rate from t1 silver over 90 ish games. So yes you can beat the 50% rate. However if you keep hitting 50/50 it should indicate your current skill level.

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Previous season only counted to “soft reset” your rating closer to 1200. Although, previous seasons did not expose ratings, so getting to Diamond or Legendary didn’t mean you actually belong in that division as per the current ratings.

The results of placement matches depend largely on the people you’re matched up with and against, and the outcome of them. Ratings are too volatile during placement, so the system could end up placing people incorrectly.

Matchmaking is designed to ensure that any match you’re put in has a 50-50 chance of win or lose, or as close to that as possible. This is the expected outcome as per glicko. This also means that your skill rating is relatively accurate, if those matches end up in a 50% win ratio for you.

If you defy the expected outcome consistently, you’ll climb into a higher division.

I wouldn’t compare this to a caste system, despite the similarities.

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

And here in a competitive ladder we call that ‘ending up at the appropriate skill level’. If you’re winning 50% of your games, it means you’re stuck in bronze forever because you’re not good enough to go anywhere else.

in PvP

Romgaard.1965

And here in a competitive ladder we call that ‘ending up at the appropriate skill level’. If you’re winning 50% of your games, it means you’re stuck in bronze forever because you’re not good enough to go anywhere else.

ok, so correct me if im wrong.
a new player ( or an old one who never played any PvP) who wins the same in the first 10 matches ( 6 won, 4 lost) is placed in silver division ( beacuse of the auto 1200 rating).
That person also wins 50% of his fights and thus stayes in silver division and on paper is a better player than me…in what world does that make any sense??

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

India’s “caste” is a predetermined lot for your life. Your value/worth is determined prior to anything you might do in your life. Even before you’re born.

In this PvP system, your lot is determined by your individual investment and skill, which can increase/decrease (investment) and improve/wane (skill) over time- for a variety of reasons.

So no, not a caste system.

in PvP

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

If he/she is constantly winning 50% of the games he/she plays at silver, then yeah he/she is most likely better at winning games than someone who is winning 50% at bronze.

HOWEVER. A new player who starts at silver most likely will be outskilled by his/her opponents and most likely will be losing more than winning until he/she loses so much rating that he/she gets to play against same skill level.

in PvP

Romgaard.1965

If he/she is constantly winning 50% of the games he/she plays at silver, then yeah he/she is most likely better at winning games than someone who is winning 50% at bronze.

HOWEVER. A new player who starts at silver most likely will be outskilled by his/her opponents and most likely will be losing more than winning until he/she loses so much rating that he/she gets to play against same skill level.

so I would have been better off if I created a brand new account?

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

so I would have been better off if I created a brand new account?

Probably not. It depends on the quality of the teams you beat and the order of your wins. If you won most of your early matches it would have put you against better players for the next match. Where as if you lose most of your early matches it will adjust you downward. If you end up splitting matches you will end up pretty close to where you started the rating.

in PvP

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

With new account you would have started higher. But if you are going 50/50 against bronze players it is likely that you would do worse against silver players.

My recomendation would be to systematically improve skills and improve build. Practice your skills and wins will come and rating will rise.

in PvP

Romgaard.1965

With new account you would have started higher. But if you are going 50/50 against bronze players it is likely that you would do worse against silver players.

My recomendation would be to systematically improve skills and improve build. Practice your skills and wins will come and rating will rise.

I main warrior and do pretty well in 1vs1 and 1vs 2
Not blaming anyone for my losses, but it is frustration when my team does not know how/when to rotate, fighting off points and AFKìng………..thats why i really want to get out of bronze, cause simply it is ruining my gaming experience

in PvP

Posted by: Kokoro.8437

Kokoro.8437

Not blaming anyone for my losses, but it is frustration when my team does not know how/when to rotate, fighting off points and AFKìng………..thats why i really want to get out of bronze, cause simply it is ruining my gaming experience

you do well in 1vs1 and 1vs2 against what sort of players?

other bronze players? Then that sounds like bronze is where you should be.

Legendary players? In which case you should esaily be winning all your 1vs1s and even some 1vs2s, and should be climbing out of bronze in a day.

Miyoshinono, Yama no Akikaze Sayofukete, Furusato Samuku, Koromo Utsu Nari.

in PvP

Romgaard.1965

you do well in 1vs1 and 1vs2 against what sort of players?

other bronze players? Then that sounds like bronze is where you should be.

Legendary players? In which case you should esaily be winning all your 1vs1s and even some 1vs2s, and should be climbing out of bronze in a day.

not to sound salty, but isnt that a stupid question…in bronze league i asume its agains other bronze league players

in PvP

Posted by: Kokoro.8437

Kokoro.8437

not to sound salty, but isnt that a stupid question…in bronze league i asume its agains other bronze league players

Not really.

if you only do “well” in 1v1s vs other bronze players, and not you “absolutely destroy all of them and can read them like a book” in 1v1s vs other bronze players, perhaps bronze is where you belong.

Miyoshinono, Yama no Akikaze Sayofukete, Furusato Samuku, Koromo Utsu Nari.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

There is nothing to frustated about here. The system is below trash far as any competitive skill based system goes. Here’s why.

1.) Your skill just don’t matter what so ever, it’s you team’s skill as a whole that does.

2.) ANet allows players with less then 5 hours of total PvP experience into Ranked matches.

3.) ANet allows PvE players to troll Rank and if you just so happened to get caught up in this well, then you just belong in bronze division.

4.) The trust fund babies cough cough sorry I mean the community at the top who was blessed by ANet’s MM during the placement matches was able to achieve their comfortable spots with decent team mates in the higher divison tells other that if they can’t carry a 5 man team match on their backs then they deserved to be rated lower.

5.) There is no PvP balance what so ever. Most matches in the lower tier are dominated by who has to most DHs on their team. Because of the less then 5 hour PvP players on your ranked team that just keeps running to the DHs traps like potatoes just and instantly die like 4 or 6 times in a row. Because they don’t know any better. They don’t care because all they are after are PvE rewards in a PvP mode.

6.) Ranked League rules follows different rules then the ESL games rules.

GW2 is the only game these 6 non competitive issues are not only allowed in. But encouraged by the dev team. My final remarks to you. Simple ANet does not hold your hand to participate in their interesting and very special version of a competitive ranked leagues.

You know what I wish a ANet dev come in here and clear the waters. Because with the amount of kitten ing arguments here. Their silence of these issues speaks volumes to me, and maybe many others. The fact that I can 1v2 some of the plat players and win and still be called to sit and the babysitting league is a direct insult on my intelligence.

People who I communicate with in the actually real eSports community all agree GW2’s Rank PvP league is nothing more then a sham. Nothing more then a glorified ascended gear farm. I also have youtube videos proving such. I will not promote my youtube or twitch channel on these forums unless giving the green light directly from ANet. As I and others see the videos as pretty kitten ing.

You want to farm ascended while killing players, GW2 Ranked PvP leagues is the right place for you. If you are looking for competitive skill based Ranked Action Skill based PvP GW2 has little to nothing to offer. As to be expected of a PvE centric MMO that has PvP and WvW as side dishes and PvE as the main dish. So either get with the program and just farm your Ascended Gear like the rest or find something else to play. I don’t understand how is that so hard to understand. All your QQing and pleading will either fall on deaf ears or will be turned into fodder for the forum trolls.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Hi

Does previous seasons count towards my rating?..because i seen a lot of new players getting placed in silver and gold, even though they lost more than they won.?

I actually lost 5 or 6 from my first 10 games and got 1350
But im now at 1700+
I also 99 percent of the time just solo que

in PvP

Romgaard.1965

Hi

But im now at 1700+

so u lost mere games than me in the first 10 games, but got a significant higher rating?
curios on what your win/loose ration is ?

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Hi

But im now at 1700+

so u lost mere games than me in the first 10 games, but got a significant higher rating?
curios on what your win/loose ration is ?

If u add me to friends u can see it
I also have 10 + wining streaks
And never lose more than 2 games in a row

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

ok, so correct me if im wrong.
a new player ( or an old one who never played any PvP) who wins the same in the first 10 matches ( 6 won, 4 lost) is placed in silver division ( beacuse of the auto 1200 rating).
That person also wins 50% of his fights and thus stayes in silver division and on paper is a better player than me…in what world does that make any sense??

Natural skill. Some people pick up things quicker than others, that are said to have a “natural skill” for that sort of thing. Could be they have better reflexes’ than you do, or better peripheral’s. The only accurate way to compare your skill to someone else is for them to have the same set up as you, and to have the same gaming experiences as you. You cant just say you are better than someone new because you have been playing longer.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Honest John.4673

Honest John.4673

1.) Your skill just don’t matter what so ever, it’s you team’s skill as a whole that does.

2.) ANet allows players with less then 5 hours of total PvP experience into Ranked matches.

3.) ANet allows PvE players to troll Rank and if you just so happened to get caught up in this well, then you just belong in bronze division.

4.) The trust fund babies cough cough sorry I mean the community at the top who was blessed by ANet’s MM during the placement matches was able to achieve their comfortable spots with decent team mates in the higher divison tells other that if they can’t carry a 5 man team match on their backs then they deserved to be rated lower.

5.) There is no PvP balance what so ever. Most matches in the lower tier are dominated by who has to most DHs on their team. Because of the less then 5 hour PvP players on your ranked team that just keeps running to the DHs traps like potatoes just and instantly die like 4 or 6 times in a row. Because they don’t know any better. They don’t care because all they are after are PvE rewards in a PvP mode.

6.) Ranked League rules follows different rules then the ESL games rules.

1. Your skill does matter, the skill of all of your teammates matter in winning the game. It’s a team based game after all. But your so selfish and can only think of yourself that you can’t comprehend that the world doesn’t revolve around you.

2. Didn’t know it took 5 hours to get pvp rank 20 before you could queue ranked. More ignorance on your part, guess I should’t be surprised though.

3. Guess what, those trolls have an equal chance to be on the other team as well. But again, thinking bad things happen only happen to you is another sign of being self-centered.

4. Blessed by ANet? Or the fact that they had the highest MMR to begin with so they got placed higher: (Old rating + 1200)*0.5. But it looks like you’re ignorant of that. Also, plenty of them have jobs or go to school, which is out btw and guess how you’re going to get better, practice and tons of it.

5. Whining about “more DHs win” like it’s a """"rule"""" is yet another sign that you suck. I’ve played on my alt in the lower divisions against teams with more DHs on teams without a support and beat them. I’ve even played against teams that had FIVE Dhs and they could not play their builds, they could not rotate, they could not teamfight, they could not recap their home, they could not couldn’t do anything. All classes have at least one or two working builds that can be fine tuned in various ways. But you can have the best build and still be horrendous at it. If you were actually good you’d know how to beat them and then do so, but you’re not.

6. ESL matches do not use the match maker. Your comparison doesn’t work.

You know what I wish a ANet dev come in here and clear the waters. Because with the amount of kitten ing arguments here. Their silence of these issues speaks volumes to me, and maybe many others.

Evan did come here in the first few days and answered plenty of questions people had, people have been re-asking the same ones and complaining about the same dumb useless things since (basically outing the fact that they’re bad). There’s no need to repeat yourself. But since you seem to have an inability to actually search for the answers yourself I guess you missed all that. You don’t have to have other people insult your intelligence, you do that just fine yourself. Should’ve guessed from your signature you’d be one of the very forum trolls you complain about.

(edited by Honest John.4673)