reduce queue time

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

reduce queue time or else people will not be able to complete the achievements.

not everyone has the time to play 10 games per day.

(edited by Moderator)

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Idk whats up with this season but que times are ridiculous outside of daily reset, maybe its because people have completed there legendary or are just tired of pvp in general but I sat in 2hour+ ques today. I dropped que and reque’d a few times to make sure I wasnt bugged but eventually just logged because no one was playing ranked. Please let us be able to do other things rather than sit in HOTM doing nothing because theres no one que’ing anet. In my SS you can see my 1hr15min in que, I eventually gave up and just logged. I would like to be able to do WvW or some map completion while waiting if they are gonna end up being this long.

Attachments:

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

(edited by Aitadis.8269)

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

More people would likely sPvP if they didn’t have to sit in the most boring awful area in the game for anywhere from 1 minute to an hour. How can I enjoy spvp if I fall asleep at my keyboard waiting for the que to pop? Change this Anet.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Actually we used to be able to queue from anywher so in the middle of whatever you were doing the queue would pop and you would accept it and teleport to your match.

I think they changed this because people while keeping themselves occupied during the queue would want to finish what they are doing when the queue pops so they would cancel it. Its the only reason i could think of because i did it sometimes :P

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

i spend more time in q than playing rippppppppz

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

reduce queue time

in PvP

Okhu.7948

They can’t magically change que times. Its a player issue. More people queing = faster que times.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The matchmaking is causing the queue times. It seems to have the biggest effect on the upper divisions. Coincidently, it was the upper divsion people who pushed for this matchmaking.

Mesmerising Girl

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

The only way to reduce queue times, is for more people to play the game.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Anet has a magic wand that reduces queue time.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

The matchmaking is causing the queue times. It seems to have the biggest effect on the upper divisions. Coincidently, it was the upper divsion people who pushed for this matchmaking.

i’m at 16/20 emerald and i’m having 5 minutes queues.
this is unacceptable.

i demand queue time under 1 minute !!!!

kitten !!!!

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

+10 here. Would love to be able to do other things while waiting on a queue. I understand part of the concern was loading screens and people readying up, but if the system changed to a ready-out versus ready-up some of that might be handled.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

this is unacceptable.

kitten !!!!

The majority of players are in Ruby and Diamond so outside of those ranges will suffer longer queue times, since pvp player base is so low.

one way to help with queue times in lower Divisions/ spread out through divisions is to allow loss of division so people don’t get dumped into 1-2 divisions and they are placed moreso where they belong instead of being artificially bumped up in division.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Okhu.7948

If people decide to cancel their que they get punished and lose pips. If you’re gonna que then you’re gonna play or you’re gonna have a bad time.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

They said it’s not going to happen, because as people have said, if you queue for pvp you should play. Not cancel because you want to finish what you where doing.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

reduce queue time

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

this is unacceptable.

kitten !!!!

The majority of players are in Ruby and Diamond so outside of those ranges will suffer longer queue times, since pvp player base is so low.

one way to help with queue times in lower Divisions/ spread out through divisions is to allow loss of division so people don’t get dumped into 1-2 divisions and they are placed moreso where they belong instead of being artificially bumped up in division.

i don’t play alot,

around wins 18/30+ games played unlike some others who have played 400 games in a month.

surely they can speed up the match making process by grabbing whoever is nearest in pips instead of making everyone wait so long.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

They already do that it starts out at +/- 15 pips either direction then expands it further after X amount of time, this is outside of the fact that the player base is abysmally low, which you also have to factor in most players are already Ruby or above and if they are already queued in matches takes away from the available player base at any given time so unless you are Ruby/Diamond you are going to have a longer queue time….. Since

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I have 3min average queue times in diamond, I cant complain

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

another 40+ min que that i got tired of waiting for and ended up leaving. Anet do something about this, were halfway through the season and it’s never been quite this bad. There is NOTHING to do in HOTM.

Attachments:

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

reduce queue time

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

so i need to party with ruby players to have shorter queue time ?

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

wont help because it uses the highest ranked player in the party. If you are legendary, your ruby player will counts as a legendary, too

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I used to follow the Orr karma train while waiting for ques…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon Masher.5749

Dragon Masher.5749

This is actualy really unacceptable

reduce queue time

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

wont help because it uses the highest ranked player in the party. If you are legendary, your ruby player will counts as a legendary, too

ah, i dun know any active legendary players that would wanna queue together with me anyway.

anyway, i think queue time at the moment is still okay, 12.37pm (gmt+8:00) now, just had a match where the other team had a player who accidentally turned off the computer.

it was 5v4 for a while until the 5th player come back but the snowball was already too big for them to do anything.

the match was full of greens and yellows on both sides, so i say match making is working well, at this time of the day, and the queue time is within a minute.

however, at night times (10pm onwards, gmt+8:00) for me, the queue time can go up to 5 minutes or more, and the match are greens and blues instead.

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

This post is on topic and directly related to previous posts

I get fairly quick matches and am assigned to the losing side every time. With a 20.4% win rate on the season. I’m simply being fed as a punching bag.

I’m not the only one and this is a big reason queue times are increasing. Not many people are masochistic enough to stick around after being repeatedly hammered.

Less population means longer queue times for everyone. The matchmaker keeping people down means longer queue times for the upper divisions in particular.

At least I can take some solace in that.

Mesmerising Girl

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

They said it’s not going to happen, because as people have said, if you queue for pvp you should play. Not cancel because you want to finish what you where doing.

I’m still waiting on your source on that- where they said they absolutely will not fix queueing outside Heart of the Mists.

Everyone else, feel free to bump my thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Queuing-Outside-of-HotM

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Khales.3198

Khales.3198

unranked matches changed drastically over the last days. now the matches are as laggy and unresponsive as any crapmmo out there. with people healing themselves to full within 2 secs and dealing 20k in the same time, clipping through walls and kitten.

change the matchmaking and get those kittens out of unranked again. apply solorating and match the whole pool together. hide the rank and update it twice a month. and ignore complaints about bads, whoever takes this game seriously, probably contributed to this silly state.

or anet could ignore the whole issue and hope for the best. since thats what anet seems to do, the future of gw looks promising (cough)

(edited by Khales.3198)

reduce queue time

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

It would seem there are simply not enough players available. Only real solution is to do match making based on mmr only. But I can’t imagine anet wants to spend resources on a rollback to something we had before leagues. On the other hand doing nothing will cause even more players to stop queueing.