removed ranks post match

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: hyman.7526

hyman.7526

Anet, why did you remove the ability for us to see player ranks after match is over? Please bring it back, this is frustrating

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Rank isn’t an indication for skill, so removing them doesn’t really matter. Visible ranks just cause grieving against lower level players. If they do add something later, it should be your MMR rating, not rank. That’s a better indication of skill.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: hyman.7526

hyman.7526

Thats exactly the reason I want to see ranks. I’m getting tons of noobs today, who 1) refuse to fight on points, 2) do not know what to do. I’m playing solo q btw.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

just playing for 3 hours tonight you could tell the influx of r1 players coming in. don’t need a scoreboard to notice ppl stomping bunnies, but imo it is/was nice to see what levels the folks you play with are once the match up is done (especially when you’re playing w/ the same people match up after match up a lot of the time).

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: yiishing.9057

yiishing.9057

Thats exactly the reason I want to see ranks. I’m getting tons of noobs today, who 1) refuse to fight on points, 2) do not know what to do. I’m playing solo q btw.

and thats the reason why Anet has removed them :>

Good Old Days [GD] - Disturbed Squad [DISS]
http://de.twitch.tv/yiillusion

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: dabomb.4056

dabomb.4056

Or they are trying to hide their fail ranking match system.

r1 should play against similar ranked players. People who said ranking doesn’t indicate skill level but it does show you the experience of a player in pvp. I would presume that a rank 40 would have better rotation and probably can read the battleground situation much better than someone below r10.

Rekz – #Getgud, Champion illusionist

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

just check their ranks in spectator mode and join..or just leave hj already

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

r1 should play against similar ranked players. People who said ranking doesn’t indicate skill level but it does show you the experience of a player in pvp. I would presume that a rank 40 would have better rotation and probably can read the battleground situation much better than someone below r10.

I’m rank 70 and I have been killed by rank 10’s before. At the same time, I have killed plenty of 80’s.

Rank =/= skill and Im glad they removed it.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

Well then they should removed the ability to see other people’s APs you’re grouped with in PVE. I liked seeing what rank people were at the end of a match. People use APs to judge in PVE so why not use ranks to judge in PVP?

(edited by Sylanna.1947)

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Well then they should removed the ability to see other people’s APs your group with in PVE. I liked seeing what rank people were at the end of a match. People use APs to judge in PVE so why not use ranks to judge in PVP?

Apparently Anet (and many others) find PvP’ers with high ranks intimidating. I don’t know why this is. Like you said, no one finds those with high Achievement Points (APs) intimidating and APs are far easier to see than ranks.

But when it comes to PvP – “OMGs, HIDE THE RANKS! I DON’T WANTS TO SEES HOW MUCH HE’S PLAYED!!”

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Sylanna.1947

To me this really says they want to try and protect all the new PvE people who are coming to PvP with low ranks. What happens to the low(er) AP PvP people who venture out into PvE now (since they’re sort of forced to now) and get judged on their APs?

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

T H I S. Glad I’m not the only one thinking it.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

As someone with a currently low rank in pvp, I like seeing all the high ranks I manage to kill during the match. People will rage at at a bad player regardless of rank – they rage because they’re bad.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

As someone with a currently low rank in pvp, I like seeing all the high ranks I manage to kill during the match. People will rage at at a bad player regardless of rank – they rage because they’re bad.

What? Try to make sense, please oO

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

What? Try to make sense, please oO

People are saying it may have been removed to help lower rank players – so I’m saying as a low rank player, I like seeing the ranks at the end. Also, removing rank won’t keep people from yelling at someone who’s bad at pvp.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

Anet, why did you remove the ability for us to see player ranks after match is over? Please bring it back, this is frustrating

why does it matter what rank people are when the match is already over?

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Sylanna.1947

Why should it be a secret? Your level isn’t hidden in PvE. Your APs aren’t hidden in PvE. Why hide this?

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

You guys are cynical. I’d venture to bet the main reason they did is because of how rude people are to new players. They’re protecting people from personal assaults because people can’t just be nice. No one wants to blame themselves for their failures and gang up on the lowest rank. This was a good community change. There’s no reason to HAVE to know other than wanting to fuel your own self entitled rage.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Rank =! Skill it was pointless before, its pointless now, Thanks Skyhammer farmers and previous rank exploits.

Only bads and newbs yell at people anyway. Block and move on. remove block in a month or two.(Otherwise during a dry-spell you have all of the 30 people playing spvp blocked, which isn’t fun.)

It’ would be cool to see an elo rating… maybe..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

removed ranks post match

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

And yet no one comes up with a convincing explanation of why we can see APs in PvE and not ranks in PvP. Does AP = skil? No. So what’s the difference?

My theory is simple – people are intimidated by high ranked PvP players and don’t want to have the knowledge that there are some who have put in so much more time than them. Don’t ask me why they’re intimidated. I have no idea.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Darnis.4056

What?.. apples to oranges,
Does anyone actually care about APs? There’s no Scoreboard involving APs is there?

Argument is invalid.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

And yet no one comes up with a convincing explanation of why we can see APs in PvE and not ranks in PvP. Does AP = skil? No. So what’s the difference?

My theory is simple – people are intimidated by high ranked PvP players and don’t want to have the knowledge that there are some who have put in so much more time than them. Don’t ask me why they’re intimidated. I have no idea.

The first mistake is trying to compare AP to Rank here is why.

Given the nature of PvE, you can easily kick someone out before the start of the dungeon, end of story. PvP on the other hand forces you to stay in that group with someone you don’t want to play with. Also it is extremely rare for PvEers to kick or insult you simply due to AP, the ones who do it are generally in their little groups.

This combine with the fact that PvPers are generally more likely to insult other players plus the fact that a lot of players tend to be afraid of PvP makes it bad for any company that cares about their players to support creating artificial walls or ammunition to grief other players.

Also AP doesn’t give an inflated since of pride and AP doesn’t say anything about your dungeon experience. You can have a low AP but have done a lot of the group activities, while rank says I have wasted my life grinding for that worthless dragon ;p

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

What?.. apples to oranges,
Does anyone actually care about APs? There’s no Scoreboard involving APs is there?

Argument is invalid.

?
https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/achievements

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Darnis.4056

hahahaha that’s hilarious… Who can pve harder, oh man.. why does this even exist

removed ranks post match

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

This combine with the fact that PvPers are generally more likely to insult other players

I don’t agree. Any justification for this stereotype?

Also AP doesn’t give an inflated since of pride

Considering that there are actual leaderboards for AP, it gives an even greater source of pride than ranks.

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/achievements

So there’s an even greater argument for hiding AP than for hiding ranks.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Darnis.4056

I agree, We should hide AP, end AP discrimination ( Can’t habeeb this is actually a thing)

removed ranks post match

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

I agree, We should hide AP, end AP discrimination ( Can’t habeeb this is actually a thing)

Anet knew what they were doing when the purposely created the AP leaderboards. It just sticks back to my previous theory. That people are intimidated by long time PvP’ers and not by long time PvE’ers.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Everything experimental, I think you’re giving anet too much credit when you say they knew what they were doing. (#JustLookAtBalance)

Obviously having AP shown/ap leaderboards has some unintended consequences
(I dunno they’re existence is just funny to me) like people being discriminated against for low scores in PVE (Does this actually happen?) and they should remove em or atleast give the option of hiding them.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Rank doesn’t mean anything. Just because you’ve invested x hours does t mean you’ll be better than the dude who put y hours in.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Rank doesn’t mean anything. Just because you’ve invested x hours does t mean you’ll be better than the dude who put y hours in.

You’re welcome to have r10s on your team while I have r50+ on mine. If you had to place a $1000 bet, I am 100% sure you would bet on my team rather than yours.

removed ranks post match

in PvP

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

i have multiple accounts. one r40+ (dont recall what i ranked up to last night) on one and like r5 (just dont pvp on the other account much) and i do get comments on my < r10 not to tpvp on such a low toon when i pug it and have a bad game but never hear a word when i’m the top player @ level 1-5, against r30-60’s.

I think its a bad thing to take it away from the end of round scoreboard. especially when you and someone else works your kitten off to try and win a round w/ 3 other ppl on your team who fight off point only to find out its their maiden voyage into pvp @ r1 (… almost like having 3 no-shows) but you try and be civil the entire round and not rage on them to fight on point in case they’re just having a bad round.

its useful info to have on your fellow pvp’ers.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores