reset back to amber

reset back to amber

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

please let us reset division back to amber (at our own free will, any time, any where) while a season is underway!

the good:
1. division crossing achievement is no longer a problem for many
2. players who hit a wall (ruby, diamond, legendary) can start again
3. constant influx of players at lower divisions
4. players can party and queue together with their casual pvp friends
5. you can stay in amber forever if you want to
6. players don’t need to play their alternate accounts anymore

the bad:
1. what bad?
2. its all good
3. no bad
4. good
5. good
6. good

discuss !

inspired by Saiyan’s post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Keeping-Legends-in-the-Game/6207048

Queue times are bad because the game sucks and people quit. What can you offer as a reward for doing more of something you don’t enjoy?

Fix the game and players might come back. It’s no surprise that player population issues coincide with the release of another popular PvP game.

Speak for yourself. It was actually fun reaching Legendary as a Guardian compared to the first two seasons. The balance is almost there but not quite. Matchmaking now needs to catch up more than ever and removing class stacking is a huge leap.

As for “keeping Legendaries in the game”… add prestige mode and throw us back in the amber pool, forced to queue with low mmr players. Now, a player who can actually grind up back to legendary gets an extra special something. Bragging rights and possibly a new emblem/title/backpack/new rank 81/etc.

Yea, i’ll tell everyone how bad mmr hell is when i’m going through my second legendary round in the same season. That’ll keep me playing non stop probably.

reset back to amber

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I wouldn’t do a reset at any place & time. I would just give Legendaries the offer to Prestige back to Amber with their full mmr, if they choose. There’s a few questions than needs addressing but I feel it would overall be healthy for the game.

Resetting mmr, yay or nay?
I think your initial mmr should stay static all the way. If it resets then it kind of defeats the purpose. Now, it’s whether Anet wants players to reset mmr each season but I highly doubt they’ll erase 3 season’s worth of data… assuming the data is at all useful when meta changes.

Emblem changes, new rewards, higher pay out
Other than bragging rights, the rewards should double but the +1 pip loss streak should be removed in compensation. Yay, nay?

I’d like a new emblem with fire (blue fire because, Guardian) around it but ya know, a bae can dream.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

reset back to amber

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I think MMR should reset because non established ratings are way more volatile and don’t have the loss baggage from months or years ago weighing down your MMR. Breezing to legendary on a smurf account happens because their knowledge and skill carries over whereas on their old accounts they live with the consequences of their past self’s losses.

If MMR were reset then there’d be no need for smurfing.

reset back to amber

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

But players don’t usually smurf due to having low mmr. They usually do it when they hit Legendary Town, population “not enough”.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

reset back to amber

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@Saiyan
not everyone can reach legendary division, or want to.
for me, ruby is my legendary division and once i reach there, i’m happy.
and i would be happy to reset at ruby and go back to amber again.

legendary division players kittenet can have extra prestige or something like you said. for me, i enjoy being in lower divisions due to safety tiers and the players there are more similar to my skill level.

i would gladly stay reset once i hit emerald to stay in amber forever. faster queue times too. plus only lower division players amber emerald play stronghold more often. once you hit sapphire, very much less players queue for stronghold.

i agree with not resetting MMR.

@Agemnon
i do not agree with resetting MMR.

reset back to amber

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

sounds like a great idea. people would farm dyes like crazy in amber

reset back to amber

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

sounds like a great idea. people would farm dyes like crazy in amber

aye, let them, we need more players in lower divisions anyway.

perhaps this would solve the problem of “i had terrible team mates in ruby” complaints once and for all?

reset back to amber

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no more feedback from others ?

i’m sure a lot of people would appreciate this feature.

reset back to amber

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

changed the title of the topic a bit.

reset back to amber

in PvP

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

You get a legendary backpack as reward. If you would be able to reset to amber, it would mean there is absolutely no skill involved to get this thing anymore (the level of skill to get it is very low already, tbh, just don’t lower it even more).

If you would be able to reset to amber, I say you should
1. don’t let any division crossing count for the achievement that you have already done (so spamming amber for the achieve won’t work)
2. don’t get rewards for crossing divisions you already did

reset back to amber

in PvP

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

So what stops a legendary from stomping amber newbies? how would the amber newbie feel being on the receiving end of all these legendary players ruining their games?

reset back to amber

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

wtf

reset back to amber

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

You get a legendary backpack as reward. If you would be able to reset to amber, it would mean there is absolutely no skill involved to get this thing anymore (the level of skill to get it is very low already, tbh, just don’t lower it even more).

you still need to be able to win the fights in amber.
you still need to be able to maintain some win streaks in order to progress in emerald and sapphire.

you speak as if there is no skill involved, but clearly you do not speak for those who belong in emerald and sapphire.

If you would be able to reset to amber, I say you should
1. don’t let any division crossing count for the achievement that you have already done (so spamming amber for the achieve won’t work)
2. don’t get rewards for crossing divisions you already did

1. no. this is the whole point of resetting back to amber, so that they can happily finish off the division crossing achievement in the lower divisions (amber, emerald and sapphire) so ruby will be free of them.

2. no. the whole point of resetting back to amber is so that those who want to farm rewards can do so, instead of advancing high enough a division then stop completely. if players are able to reset back to amber, they might keep playing, keeping the player population healthy.

instead of restricting rewards, aim to drastically improve the rewards at higher divisions (ruby, diamond and legendary)

reset back to amber

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

So what stops a legendary from stomping amber newbies? how would the amber newbie feel being on the receiving end of all these legendary players ruining their games?

if there are too many legendary kittenet back to amber, they will end up fighting one another.

no games will be ruined.

reset back to amber

in PvP

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

if there are too many legendary kittenet back to amber, they will end up fighting one another.

no games will be ruined.

1. There aren’t that many legendaries online at the same time (hence 20-minute queues) so if they do queue, they will most likely be on the same team and will stomp the amber team

2. Amber would be a mix of players with a large range of skill levels which will essentially mean newbies will be getting stomped left and right against legendaries, diamonds, rubies, sapphire, etc.

3. You’re about to replicate the problem Anet fixed by giving us different starting positions at the beginning of the season…

reset back to amber

in PvP

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

you speak as if there is no skill involved, but clearly you do not speak for those who belong in emerald and sapphire.

In amber you aren’t able to lose pips. That means even if you are kinda the weakest player out there, with a losing rate of 99,9%, as long as there is just one game you get carried by others, you will make progress. You are winning one game then lose 100, it doesn’t matter, you will still cross the border for amber.

And this isn’t removing skill? Are you really trying to say that?

reset back to amber

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no games will be ruined.

1. There aren’t that many legendaries online at the same time (hence 20-minute queues) so if they do queue, they will most likely be on the same team and will stomp the amber team

2. Amber would be a mix of players with a large range of skill levels which will essentially mean newbies will be getting stomped left and right against legendaries, diamonds, rubies, sapphire, etc.

3. You’re about to replicate the problem Anet fixed by giving us different starting positions at the beginning of the season…

1. that can be fixed by treating them as legendary division when the match making system is working its magic.

for example, a legendary kittenet back to amber, queues, the match making will attempt to throw the amber (legend) player into a legend pool of players, if no suitable pool found, then diamond, then ruby, sapphire, emerald, finally amber etc.

basically the match making pip range of the reset amber (legend) player would range from amber to legend, this would eliminate queue time.

2. refer to my reply in #1 well basically all lower divisions might have a mix of players with large range of skill levels.

3. i would not call giving players 20 – 60 or infinity minutes queue time fixing a problem.

reset back to amber

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

In amber you aren’t able to lose pips. That means even if you are kinda the weakest player out there, with a losing rate of 99,9%, as long as there is just one game you get carried by others, you will make progress. You are winning one game then lose 100, it doesn’t matter, you will still cross the border for amber.

And this isn’t removing skill? Are you really trying to say that?

1 weak player in the team can throw the whole game for the team with that player.

in 2 of the games i played, there was this one particular core necromancer (does not have hot perhaps?) that kept on dying, had zero score for the first game i encountered that necro and almost zero score in the second game, i got careless and let that necro decapped something.

in the second game, right off the start, that lone necro charged straight into the four of us in the middle point graveyard in foefire, while the other team mates are way behind. that necro died within seconds of course.

and yes we won both games.