rev/mes

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: Fames.5389

Fames.5389

Anyone else sick of estimating your win/loss on who has more rev/mesmers on their team?

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

This is funny.

Rev pushes anybody not bunker out of the meta.

It takes some non-bunkers to deal with things like Mes.

You blame mes/bunkers for the problem XD

If you can’t take down a Mes, you either need a dose of L2P, or a class/build that can do the job.

If however you can’t take down a Rev, I’m sorry, nobody can blame you for that one :p

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Someone’s never played an even average bunker mes…

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Anyone else sick of estimating your win/loss on who has more rev/mesmers on their team?

ummm no because it still requires skill to play both.

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

kid has never faced a halfway decent sentinel bunker chrono 1v1 in his life

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

To answer your question, Yes. Ever since the ESL games yesterday I see so many Rev & Mes

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

What exact skill does it require to play bunker mesmer, please enlighten me.

There is easy fix for all this bunker meta. All skills which give any kind of invulnerability should prevent capture point contribution.

(edited by Miyu.8137)

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

What exact skill does it require to play bunker mesmer, please enlighten me.

Well if you think they don’t hit me up on pvp for a 1 on 1. That way you can enlighten me.

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

Well, other classes have to time their skills to mitigate enemy dmg, use dodge in right time to avoide burst, use stability in right moment to not be pushed out of point or time their burst to get enemy down. But you, chronobunker? It doesn’t even require to watch your oponent or read their movements, predict what they will do. The only think you are doing is spamming evade and blocking skills and trying to keep the stability up while there is cd window.

Man seriously, if I create a macro with this skill rotation, it could hold a point against anyone while i am doing coffee

(edited by Miyu.8137)

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

This is funny.

Rev pushes anybody not bunker out of the meta.

It takes some non-bunkers to deal with things like Mes.

You blame mes/bunkers for the problem XD

If you can’t take down a Mes, you either need a dose of L2P, or a class/build that can do the job.

If however you can’t take down a Rev, I’m sorry, nobody can blame you for that one :p

this is an issue with balance in the grand scheme of things, counters are pushing things out and then those counters are getting countered themselves.

bunker mes and viper herald are at the top right now thanks to the fact they have no hardcounters and barely any, if any, match ups that aren’t in their favor.

counters or fair matchups against both do exist, however the other overpowered specs (the usual suspects for a 2x rev + 2x mes teams’ 5th; tempest/druid/scrapper) covers these weaknesses nearly flawlessly.

a good, but unorthodox example is a team bringing a daredevil to shut down a viper rev (and yes this can happen, s/d is capable of it) and outrotate the bunker mesmers- all the rev/mes team needs to do is bring a scrapper as their 5th and the daredevil essentially has to leave any engagement with the scrapper because of how lopsided the matchup is. people often say that aurashare tempest is brought against DHs but the reality is that DH is already a really bad choice against both condi rev (can’t clear fast enough) and bunker mes (can’t outrotate, traps are useless thanks to invuln chaining) so the tempest is just there to further completely shut them out. reaper imo is in the same position as DH except it’s a much more balanced spec against things below it in tiering (daredevil can beat it, im pretty sure even beserker can too); it’s just terrible against viper rev and suffers from poor mobility that immediately proves to be a problem against a 2x bunker spec. aurashare tempest (which is going to be running diamond skin) is just there to shut them out even further.

so the issue, as much as it is with both rev/mes, is also with tempest/druid/scrapper as well and we can’t forget this.

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

a good, but unorthodox example is a team bringing a daredevil to shut down a viper rev (and yes this can happen, s/d is capable of it) and outrotate the bunker mesmers- all the rev/mes team needs to do is bring a scrapper as their 5th and the daredevil essentially has to leave any engagement with the scrapper because of how lopsided the matchup is. people often say that aurashare tempest is brought against DHs but the reality is that DH is already a really bad choice against both condi rev (can’t clear fast enough) and bunker mes (can’t outrotate, traps are useless thanks to invuln chaining) so the tempest is just there to further completely shut them out. reaper imo is in the same position as DH except it’s a much more balanced spec against things below it in tiering (daredevil can beat it, im pretty sure even beserker can too); it’s just terrible against viper rev and suffers from poor mobility that immediately proves to be a problem against a 2x bunker spec. aurashare tempest (which is going to be running diamond skin) is just there to shut them out even further.

so the issue, as much as it is with both rev/mes, is also with tempest/druid/scrapper as well and we can’t forget this.

DH actually counters chrono pretty hard because of the unblockable (and it seems sometimes even unavoidable) CC. Chrono has only little stability (especially compare to rev) and relies heavily on block/evade for its survivability (the actual sustain is only moderate). So denying the block or the evade with unblockable CC and shocking aura kills a chrono fairly fast.

For condi revenant, I think reaper is an interesting match up. The only problem is that reaper is way too easy to bring down (comparatively to anything else). So it will usually get immediately focus and die not too long after.

I still don’t understand why condi rev are used in the first place. Condi rev is countered

• by condi rev (boonstrip, resistance)
  • by bunker mesmer (resistance)
    so I don’t understand why people use it instead of power rev… While condi rev does counter power rev even more (lack of condi cleanse) a power rev supported by a bunker mesmer should be a better choice. And it has a hell lot of invuln uptime.

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Why is there no skill in playing bunker mes?
I must say first im not best mechanicly and im not counting my self very good player ,just good.
We had match with mirror teams (my mes is bit different than classic bunker mes but its not the point)
So 2xmes ,rev scraper and reaper in each team .
I died once had most resurections,condi clear and some other top stat i dont even remember ,since its not so important.
Any group fight on my node we won,at the end of the match enemy team mesmers pm me that im good .
This is happening in spphire league so im not top notch and my oponents are not.

But why is that in esl matches mirror tems get trashed by same comp?
There is still skill needed(or expiriance with class) and you cant exactly have same rotation for ever.
Admitedly less skill than it was before .

Playing tempest aura requires much less concentration and team /enemy averness than bunk mes.

I still think that some pro teams are holding back true team comps for finals

(edited by deda.8302)

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

I must say first im not best mechanicly and im not counting my self very good player ,just good.
We had match with mirror teams (my mes is bit different than classic bunker mes but its not the point)
I died once had most resurections,condi clear and some other top stat i dont even remember ,since its not so important.
Any group fight on my node we won,at the end of the match enemy team mesmers pm me that im good .
This is happening in spphire league so im not top notch and my oponents are not.

There is still skill needed(or expiriance with class) and you cant exactly have same rotation for ever.

Playing tempest aura requires much less concentration and team /enemy averness than bunk mes.

When people say theres no skill involved with a certain build, then they mean it requires little to no knowlegde about the class mechanics to do well on a class.
Mastering a class, however, does require skill. As for things like bunker mesmer, you don’t need to know much about the class to do well, but there will always be someone that has a better CD management than you.

Also, when you’re looking at games and mirror comps, the win is usually decided by better rotations in game, rather than personal skill. If you can survive long enough and have better rotations (Around the map that is, not personal skill rotations) than the other team, you’re most likely the team to win the game.

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Well there is a difference between mechanical skills in the fight (which skill to use when, what skill to dodge, etc…) and skill as a player which also includes map awareness, rotation, communication etc…

The top teams contain both the best mechanical players and the best strategical ones. I don’t think bunker mesmer has a much lower skill cap than the average bunker. I used to play bunker guard, and I honestly feel that it was easy as hell, probably as easy as bunker mesmer (if not easier).

There will still always be a difference between a good and a bad player.

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

What he’s saying is that an unskilled bunker mes can dominate a match and is pretty kitten hard to kill, even for extremely skilled players using a class that has a lot of burst and access to several unblockable skills. A “skilled” bunker mes is simply unkillable by 1 person and borderline unkillable in a 2v1.

and if, by some miracle, or simply through perfect gameplay (and fighting 2v1 with the perfect counter-builds to bunker mes), you do manage to kill a halfway decent bunker mes, the amount of time 2 people had to spend killing them means you will already be losing the match by a large margin.

As far as revenant goes, I agree they aren’t all that difficult to kill, although they are a tad stronger than most of the other professions. My issue is mainly with bunker mesmers and diamond skin tempests. Both classes are theoretically killable, but not when both are fighting on a point at the same time. And focusing the squishier players is not an option because the bunkers will just rez them before they can be stomped or cleaved down (thank you feedback bubble and perma-quickness, giving the bunker mes +60% rez speed, enough to negate a perfectly-timed quickness stomp).

So the only option is to run, and hope you can outrotate them. That shouldn’t be what PvP is about; every profession should have a counter and should be able to be killed in a reasonable amount of time, even if they have limited dps.

The marauder scrapper meta-build is another build that really doesn’t have any hard counters, although scrapper is much harder to play, making skill more of a factor imo.

rev/mes

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Oh yeha if i can pick any weapon from any class that hammer insanly awesome and would use it for any proffesion.
Pure awesomness that hammer

Back to mesmer isue
i dont undertsand stacking mesmers in teams

Chrono-tempest -scraper is ideal combo ,rev only good if it comes in pairs