rev support versus ele support [video]

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

here is a comparison i did between the two

on paper i think rev is better but the micro managing of the tablet while others should respond to it in order the get the full benefit at the moment require others to learn how to play with support revenant while with ele its only you who needs to learn what to do.

but nevertheless i enjoy to explore and play and to surprise allies when they get full hp in 3 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Support wise they are both about equally as good. The rev can hand out better healing, but the ele can provide more reliable boons and cleansing due to the greater range of AOE.

The real difference is that the Ele does damage, can kill people, secure safe stomps, reflect projectiles (pressure), disengage more easily and rotate faster through teleport. In order to reach the point where a rev can heal more, they have to run magi which makes them almost worthless in terms of pressure. Heal revs with mallyx are also extremely vulnerable to corruption. Shiro is usually better for it’s ability to disengage, rotate, and pressure with CC but loses condi control. The ele however has it all in one package.

in PvP

messiah.1908

Support wise they are both about equally as good. The rev can hand out better healing, but the ele can provide more reliable boons and cleansing due to the greater range of AOE.

The real difference is that the Ele does damage, can kill people, secure safe stomps, reflect projectiles (pressure), disengage more easily and rotate faster through teleport. In order to reach the point where a rev can heal more, they have to run magi which makes them almost worthless in terms of pressure. Heal revs with mallyx are also extremely vulnerable to corruption. Shiro is usually better for it’s ability to disengage, rotate, and pressure with CC but loses condi control. The ele however has it all in one package.

boons – the same. rev got fury while ele got vigor. rev can perma protection while ele not so much. off fight ele can give swiftness which is nice.

secure stomp – block and blind for the rev
block versus reflect but more handy to the rev due to low cd.
ele teleport 40 sec saving for disengage mainly. while rev can leap with ua and staff 5 with lower cd (but not teleport)

corruption – resistance is for the rotation and but some time versus fast condition proc like guards burning. you build up 9 sec and swap back to ventari with 50 nrg to use staff 4 +solace + PE . you can stay in mallyx if the condi class cannot rip boons off you.

dont use shiro as your role is to hold points, decap and not run away.

also rev got better kb off point and cc

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

boons – the same. rev got fury while ele got vigor. rev can perma protection while ele not so much. off fight ele can give swiftness which is nice.

Most offensive classes have their own fury source. It doesn’t really contribute. The protection uptime is also a lot higher. You don’t have to spam a heal skill to keep it up. Ele also provides a lot of regen which adds up to far more over time.

ele teleport 40 sec saving for disengage mainly. while rev can leap with ua and staff 5 with lower cd (but not teleport)

Stone flesh can only be interrupted by cloaking the downed. This is considered a secure stomp because you can drop 1000 CC’s on the ele and none of it works. Blind does not secure a stomp. It only protects from one attack. Also block? Ok so you can bubble against ranger bow 4 and headshot but that’s not very secure considering the rest of what you’ll face.

corruption – resistance is for the rotation and but some time versus fast condition proc like guards burning. you build up 9 sec and swap back to ventari with 50 nrg to use staff 4 +solace + PE . you can stay in mallyx if the condi class cannot rip boons off you.

This is why it completely fails against necromancers. You soak up your entire team’s conditions and the necro pops your resistance with their access to corruptions -> Instant death. The ele just cleanses and also has diamond skin.

Yeah but it’s the only offensive pressure that build has. There are very good reasons why it isn’t used competitively.

(edited by SneakyTouchy.6043)

in PvP

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

Rev may be better at healing but you are totally underestimating auras, specially for small teams / PvP with powefull aura:

- Frost aura is -10% incoming damage + 40% of protection!!!! (sadly probably only 40% for team)Thats some really nice mitigation… + health ,regen, vigor & swiftness! And eles have 2 auto-procs + flash freeze and overload

- Shoking aura is IMHO the strongest and can totally win melee fights for your team with its proc in air-dagger on decent cd (25seg)+ the rebound (Im sad they gave us a useless long superspeed instead of a 3rd proc) ofc + health ,regen, vigor & swiftness

- Ele has BEASTLY ranged protection: personal magnetic wave reflec, magnetic aura reflect for ALL the team with overload & aftershok + Projectile destroy with Swirling winds (And ofc with the ult, but best use it when needed / in air) – I know 2 are skills, but the interactions are really strong and needed to be explained

- 3 meh fire auras (I know they are the worst and the damage is minimal but its a little more might + 3 procs of health ,regen, vigor & swiftness)

Except fire, wich you can spam, they are really strong and used in the right moments can change the flow of the battle. Sometimes even more than just healing.

(edited by Naurgalen.2374)

in PvP

messiah.1908

Rev may be better at healing but you are totally underestimating auras, specially for small teams / PvP with powefull aura:

- Frost aura is -10% incoming damage + 40% of protection!!!! (sadly probably only 40% for team)Thats some really nice mitigation… + health ,regen, vigor & swiftness! And eles have 2 auto-procs + flash freeze and overload

- Shoking aura is IMHO the strongest and can totally win melee fights for your team with its proc in air-dagger on decent cd (25seg)+ the rebound (Im sad they gave us a useless long superspeed instead of a 3rd proc) ofc + health ,regen, vigor & swiftness

- Ele has BEASTLY ranged protection: personal magnetic wave reflec, magnetic aura reflect for ALL the team with overload & aftershok + Projectile destroy with Swirling winds (And ofc with the ult, but best use it when needed / in air) – I know 2 are skills, but the interactions are really strong and needed to be explained

- 3 meh fire auras (I know they are the worst and the damage is minimal but its a little more might + 3 procs of health ,regen, vigor & swiftness)

Except fire, wich you can spam, they are really strong and used in the right moments can change the flow of the battle. Sometimes even more than just healing.

dont get me wrong. iam not saying ele is less useful
ele is strong as condi cleanse where rev at healing
yes ele got frost aura with 10% dmg mitigation where rev got blind aoe which is also dmg mitigation
ele need to spam his skills with bigger cd where revenant has lower cd
if ele taking focus he needs to use his cd and after that he is bit useless for several seconds where revenant isnt

the big problem with revenant is the micromanaging but all in all its fun with nice tricks which does the job.

rev can aoe torment, poison, burning stack on point and rip boons in team fight when not taking focus fire.

ele will still be the choice as it more easy and friendly to use. rev is another option if you know how to play it

also powerful aura is not taken rather cleansing water if PA taken than your cleanse ability is less than the revenant.

in PvP

messiah.1908

Most offensive classes have their own fury source. It doesn’t really contribute. The protection uptime is also a lot higher. You don’t have to spam a heal skill to keep it up. Ele also provides a lot of regen which adds up to far more over time.

Stone flesh can only be interrupted by cloaking the downed. This is considered a secure stomp because you can drop 1000 CC’s on the ele and none of it works. Blind does not secure a stomp. It only protects from one attack. Also block? Ok so you can bubble against ranger bow 4 and headshot but that’s not very secure considering the rest of what you’ll face.

This is why it completely fails against necromancers. You soak up your entire team’s conditions and the necro pops your resistance with their access to corruptions -> Instant death. The ele just cleanses and also has diamond skin.

Yeah but it’s the only offensive pressure that build has. There are very good reasons why it isn’t used competitively.

ele needs to use aura to proc protection swiftness and regen. where rev use his on with nature , shield 4 and healing skill. the staff auta attack grant regen and swiftness on the point if the fight is near you allies will step on it.

stomp – warrior , thief, engi, rev – use solace to block
stomp – ranger, guard, – blind so they cannot intrupt you. fyi you can use ventari tablet during any action so you can start the stomp and use the heal skill for blind at any moment fits
if ele use OF to secure stomp he losing his best immunity to dmg.. bad thing
if its other who you need to bother that use elite kb and its easy stomp unless they got stability which means they want to res mainly. than you can put poison …

yes ripping resistance can be downside so have to play careful. most team focus the necro first for some reason…

your comments are true but from bunker prespective and not support. necro can rip ele stability , protection regen etc… also can i with mallyx which ppl tend to forget. to rip warrior resistance in team fight make him wet noddle.

in PvP

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

yes ele got frost aura with 10% dmg mitigation where rev got blind aoe which is also dmg mitigation
if ele taking focus he needs to use his cd and after that he is bit useless for several seconds where revenant isnt

the big problem with revenant is the micromanaging but all in all its fun with nice tricks which does the job.

rev can aoe torment, poison, burning stack on point and rip boons in team fight when not taking focus fire.

ele will still be the choice as it more easy and friendly to use. rev is another option if you know how to play it

also powerful aura is not taken rather cleansing water if PA taken than your cleanse ability is less than the revenant.

For me it doesn’t matter which is the best support as I personally like more the ele style and I’m not a pro meta player, just a little above average.

The point that I wanted to make is that you underestimate the effects that aura-sharing can have in small group team-fights and probably should try them. Less cleanse is not that important when you can timely apply to all the team unclean-able “melee” stuns and long range immunity: it can both save them or let them press on, changing battles.

+ no powerful auras reduces considerable your healing output
(No 6 man insta healing + regen for overloads, focus fire aura, daggers shocking aura, rebound, soothing ice proc and elemental bastion) and uptime of support boons like vigor, swiftness, protection and auras

in PvP

messiah.1908

i played support ele and know its abilities this is why i think also revenant can compete this role
yes ele is more easy to handle as you just spamm skill if you pressured but good player will save and watch his cd’s
the same goes with revenant . watch your nrg (hardly no cd’s to worry about) and you do fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

The issue with your general logic is healing is only a very small portion of the support role. There is a reason druid and scrapper are both technically considered support and share a role in 5 mans. Rev probably has the highest pure sustained healing but with proper focus fire they aren’t out healing the kind of damage this game has.

On top of that revs boons are pulse based which is pretty much saying to enemy necros TIME FOR ME TO CARRY.

Rev only brings CC that their offensive counterpart can out do, healing which while top notch isn’t enough to turn the tides of a real fight and boons that are difficult to control correctly.

Ele’s bring enough projectile denial to have locked DH out of the meta in the pro scene for 3 seasons, AOE pressure (sure they wont kill a whole lot by them selves but if you under estimate their offensive overloads in a team fight it will cost you) Multiple forms of damage reduction, decent general sustained damage (once again not getting kills on their own but the more damage going out the easier it will be for your bursty DPS to find a target and mow them down) multiple unblockable CC, best condi cleanser atm, and shocking aura which in team fights is beyond brutal.

Druids have insane burst healing, stealth, second best rez bot, burst condi clear, insane CC chain potential, good damage for a support if you might stack correctly and a signet of stone .

Scrapper has good area denial, good CC, good burst heal on a short CD, stealth/reveal or tornado(amazing area denial skill)/Jug which is high enough pressure to secure kills, force a disengage or give openings to your DPS, great stall potential, GOD TIER rez bot.

As it currently stands a rev’s support needs to be rethought dramatically before it will be a viable sideload to the other options. With the amount of sustained healing it does with some tweaks I can see it being a sideload to ele but It doesnt offer enough rez both or dueling potential to ever take the off support role.

in PvP

messiah.1908

i fought as rev and as ele soloq and full teamq

several enemy team comps

1. 3 condi, ele, guard – at the beggining we had it. i share and cleane conditions. but when the enemy tea, notice i did all of that BOOM i always get focused . my team fell to help me and also i did lost of mistakes.
2. 2 warrior , 2 guard, 1 ele – had easy matchup for me. also as expected most useful as i could disengage easy with blind and hold 1v2 till help came
3. 2 thieves, necro, ele, ranger – we lost 1 point. mainly cause of me doing bad choices on rotation (and probably my team also) again i was focus hardly by the thieves and necro while my team didnt focused them

with my ele i felt the same problem to be honest. sure i felt more sustain versus conditions but when my ally took heavy condition dmg after i have i have only 2 cd available for him so i felt most of the fight waiting for cd’s
when i get focus by thief and guard or warrior i needed the support from my team and if i got it i could blink safely but if i dont after 10 sec of spam skills and immunity i was dead if i didnt leave the point….

so for me
1. ele can better sustain himslef but if do he bit useless to the team for 20 sec but more easy and friendly to use.
2. rev has low cd on his skills but need team to focus on him so he can better support them while ele just need to move around after his allies. i think rev need allies to move around him.
3. ranger is more bunker than healer on point.
4. scrapper the same more bunker than team support.

when my team target the ranger or ele they were dead in 10-20 sec so i felt more okish with my revenant

still learning and doing lots of 1v1 to learn its weakness . so far cc chain is the weakness so you have to notice everyone around you in team fight. when i see thief and warrior focus me…. big problem if my team focus others….

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Jalis/Ventari are better than Ventari/Glint imo.

in PvP

messiah.1908

Jalis/Ventari are better than Ventari/Glint imo.

i play ventari/ mallyx to handle condi pressure.

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Jalis/Ventari is better than Mallyx/Glint imo.

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Should have said, better than Mallyx/Ventari. Can’t edit atm.

in PvP

messiah.1908

Should have said, better than Mallyx/Ventari. Can’t edit atm.

so how you handle condiburst on you?