rewarding good player - nice idea anet

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i like the idead anet tried with unload (thief skill)
if you land full hits you gain 2 initiatives back

what if this idea will spread acrross the borad in some way to benefit good play versus spamm play or mistakes

if thief manage to interupt with #4 pistol you gain initiative back (raise the base cost for sure)
if mesmer hits with 3 illusion you gain 1 clone back or gain alacrity
if revenant share X boons/heal he will gain nrg back or if he put X amount of condi or direct dmg he will gain nrg back
if warrior interupt/block he will gain adrenaline faster

and so on…

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Headshot deals 5 dmg and applies 1/4 sec daze, it already costs 4 ini which is a lot for the spell that can’t be used while being stunned and applies such short cc. Take a guess why trickery is mandatory and thieves camp AA? Because they are ini starved and you want to effectively (due to absurd amount of blocks, blinds, stab, invuls etc. flying around) increase costs of the spell which will affect core build. Why?

You also want to give core mes alacrity? Really now?
You want straight out buff core rev?
And you want to buff core war. Why?
How about we nerf elites first before we starting buffing core builds?

Notice the trend. All your suggestions involve buffing other classes while nerfing thief. Biased much?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Headshot deals 5 dmg and applies 1/4 sec daze, it already costs 4 ini which is a lot for the spell that can’t be used while being stunned and applies such short cc. Take a guess why trickery is mandatory and thieves camp AA? Because they are ini starved and you want to effectively (due to absurd amount of blocks, blinds, stab, invuls etc. flying around) increase costs of the spell which will affect core build. Why?

Notice the trend. All your suggestions involve buffing other classes while nerfing thief. Biased much?

I think he’s trying to point out that giving back initiative for actually landing your skills was a big ol buff that thieves didn’t need. Otherwise I agree, these extra buffs would be ridic.

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

How the kitten is landing a full unload considered skillful? I think that shows more about your opponent’s skill than your own skill if they can’t dodge or block one of the longest channels in the game.

RIP Warrior

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I think he’s trying to point out that giving back initiative for actually landing your skills was a big ol buff that thieves didn’t need. Otherwise I agree, these extra buffs would be ridic.

And i don’t think those changes are needed. Unload is different story. P/p is a terrible set and will remain being bad until it is completely redesigned. Issue was always that main damage is bound to unload which leaves you with 0 ini for everything else (not to mention terrible synergy between mh and oh) hence why they added that 2 ini return (which once again, will not make p/p “meta”, imo).

Look at “meta” thief weapons (dagger mh, sword mh, staff, sb), what do they all have in common beside sb (which is picked for port basically)? Strong AA which allows them to save ini for utilities. P/P doesn’t.

All is Vain~

in PvP

messiah.1908

How the kitten is landing a full unload considered skillful? I think that shows more about your opponent’s skill than your own skill if they can’t dodge or block one of the longest channels in the game.

you are exactly right
to land a full channle skill is hard cause all the block, evade, dodge, refelect out there. thus the reward if you manage to do it

give you hint: use immobilize and unload with quickness…..

in PvP

messiah.1908

i was main thief from the beginning till 3 years i play almost the same concept and got board . so change to mesmer, rev, guard, ele, necro, bit ranger warrior and engi..

i like to explore . i play and practice with top players and here what they say.

thief at the moment gonna be top picking. most of his skill as you mention is basically AA.
the idea is to reward players with good play and not just spamming hitting the keyboard mindlessly.

so many times i see thief pew pew #4 and i close my eyes as i know he is bad one or new one. so in order to make them better reward them with better awareness

same goes to every class

its not a buff across the board rather nerf when doing mistake and buff when doing something right

so yes thief spamm – you lose initiative. thief attack at the right moment you gain initiative.

and also you mention good outcome. buff core spec so we will end with more diversity in builds, tactic and maybe more players

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I will assume i understood correctly what you wrote.

The suggested change will be a straight out nerf to core thief for no good reason unless stuff like blocks, blinds, invuls, projectile hate, stab etc. get toned down. Atm, there is so much of that crap flying around, especially in team fights, that you can time your interrupts all you want, at least half of them won’t land. Having higher ini costs for 1/4 sec daze with 5 dmg and 50% chance of gaining bit ini back is terrible – it would force thieves even more into AA as it is already.
You know what is one of the most annoying things about thief? Is dealing with RNG. Improv that MAYBE will get one of your utilities off-cd. Backstab that MAYBE will land in the sea of passives and MAYBE will cirt due to crit chance and wonky being behind/being not behind positioning or just go on CD and lock you out of AA. Steal, shs and other teleports that MAYBE will work but might also spam you with NO VALID PATH TO HOPE on flat terrain. And you want to add more rng. Lovely!

Once again, everything you posted so far suggests to buff other classes and nerf thief because god forbid thief is top pick as roamer that it was designed for? LOL.

Let’s also make something clear. Before HoT some things were pretty imbalanced but it was somehow ok. With HoT stuff became really crazy, hello powercreep. If anything, nothing should be buffed until elite specs get nerfed to core levels. I don’t understand why powercreep should be added to core specs as well.

All is Vain~

in PvP

messiah.1908

Once again, everything you posted so far suggests to buff other classes and nerf thief because god forbid thief is top pick as roamer that it was designed for? LOL.

thief mainly picked cause of their mobility and stealth tactics. their 1v1 is horrible although anet states its a roamer role ….. mmmm confuse ? so am i .
so now thief will be handle almost any class in 1v1. we checked warrior , ele , guard, rev, necro, engi and ranger and thief 80% won in 1v1.
yes they were good thieves.

also its not buuf to to other class. again IR to mesmer is big nerf to most mesmers out there. so to give something back if they manage to do something right is nice

i do agree the amount of blocks, evade, reflect this game has is huge. but nerffing them will result in more power nerf coming

the less defense you have the less power you need to make this game balance

the idea here to make you better if you manage to do something right and the job of you enemy is to make you do mistakes to lose effectiveness

in PvP

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

if revenant hits full staff 5 he gets his sigils back. how ’bout that?

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

if warrior interupt with Headbutt he will instantly down everybody in a 360 radius..

Hard to land, great reward :-)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Messiah, no offense, but i really can’t understand half of what you post. I am really trying here >_<.

All is Vain~