rotation questions

rotation questions

in PvP

Posted by: The Mechanic.3567

The Mechanic.3567

so i played a match that i just didnt quite know where to rotate and was hoping people could help me out with some advice. i play s/d thief with alot of boon rip and unblockables in mid plat. Heres my situation:

i have two of my team mates at home trying to kill a bunker ranger thats on our point,

i have two of my team mates outnumbered by 3 of the enemy at mid in a slowly losing fight

and i have a counter build/class at far which is a possible win as i beat them early in a 1v1 but would take quite a while meaning id get +1’d by the people rotating out of mid after they won the fight.

i choose to team fight mid, and got called out for my teamfighting being the reason we lost. i only died once this match and got top offense only. what would you do as a thief and why?

rotation questions

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I’d +1 to kill the bunker at home, and let the two tryhard go 4v3 mid.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

rotation questions

in PvP

The Mechanic.3567

just to clarify you would 3v1 at home? seems like something ive been yelled at for doing before but alright:) ill keep that in mind next time. thanks.

rotation questions

in PvP

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

just to clarify you would 3v1 at home? seems like something ive been yelled at for doing before but alright:) ill keep that in mind next time. thanks.

Just get used to getting yelled at on thief….even if you make the right choice…. people will still yell at you. You will get yelled at by people who know what they are doing, you will get yelled at by people who think they know what they are doing and you will get yelled at by people who have no idea what they are doing.

That’s GW2 PvP

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

rotation questions

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Other opinions would be welcome. But yeah, I’d go for the fastest way. If 2 people don’t have enough dgm output to down a druid, and far would take too long, if mid can hold a bit more (they were going down slowly meaning they did pretty well) you’d have better chance to burst the druid at home. Ennemy far would probably rotate mid to 4v4, and you would have a small window to decap far before Druid respawns to secure their home. Your team mates at home would have rotated mid even before the druid goes down, when the kill is almost secured. But if you can’t bring down a druid 3v1 in less than 5s with a thief, something is wrong with your team.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

rotation questions

in PvP

The Mechanic.3567

Just get used to getting yelled at on thief….even if you make the right choice…. people will still yell at you. You will get yelled at by people who know what they are doing, you will get yelled at by people who think they know what they are doing and you will get yelled at by people who have no idea what they are doing.

That’s GW2 PvP

lol yeah your right about that for sure. my main problem with this is the point was ours. so i feel like one of ours should have just left the tanky-er one of our team to stay and defend the point then head to mid to create a 4v3 in our favor. so heading to a point that was ours to be a +2 with the goal of killing an incredibly tanky ranger just didnt make sense to me. i can see now though what my real problem is, ive been rotating based on the optimal team rotations rather than taking my teams bad decisions into account and playing around them. thanks for the comments guys.

rotation questions

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Drop your inf return at mid, sb5 up the slope, Shadow step to home., Rip his boons and down him, Shadow return, Inf Return. IF your team is going to drop, go far (your just luring as many people from mid to far as possible, which will make your two teamates at home heading mid have an easier cap. OR, Evade/kite at mid until your home defenders get to mid. Then either disengage and head far (provinding there home defender left) or take the teamfight.

Your choice would of worked out if your teammates left a bunker at home to fight the enemy bunker (providing it was capped in your favor) while the other one went to reinforce mid, So don’t be to hard on yourself. as it wasn’t your fault.

rotation questions

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

The only question I have is did their team own mid, was it contested, or did your team own it?

Now onto the response:
Home would be the best option as there’s a few plays you open up once you plus. You can force the enemy off the point and force a ton of their cd’s by putting lots of pressure on them and they will either retreat, die, or kite. If they retreat to mid take 1 or 2 (depending on state of the cap) of your buddies with you and plus mid to take the teamfight. If they die then rotate to mid and win the teamfight while decapping far if they leave it open. If they kite you can either continue putting pressure on them as s/d has strong sustained damage and hopefully kill them (it’s a judgement call, only go for the kill if you really feel you can get it because now you aren’t on a point and not in the important teamfight) or have you and one other guy leave if the other player there is confident enough in the 1v1 to at least hold the point until you take mid and can plus on home again.

Side note: Ignore anyone who complains about thief. The main reason people lose with a thief on their team is because they don’t adjust their style to let the thief roam and capitalize on their mobility and instead try to play 1v1 hero on far or try to handle all the +1ing themselves leaving the thief to teamfight or play home guard. That is not a you error, that is their fault 100%

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

(edited by Ario.8964)

rotation questions

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

you should go home and switch position with another player who should go mid
its hard with no comms but home is the best you can do

your job is +1. if they doing your job at home while not getting ranger off point or killed ….. bad rotation.

its a lot harder and most bad choices leading to losing.

rotation questions

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I agree with the choice to go for the +1 close. When your teammates are not good at rotations, you can force them to do some good choices with a thief. If the close fight is done, they would naturally go to help mid, even with half a brain.

I would consider mid in the following cases :
- There is an engi mid and you can force him into elixir. That would reduce the pressure on your teammates and create a short window of 3v2 in your favor.
- There is a ranged class that apply pressure from a relatively safe place and don’t expect a gank.
- You can steal on a necro and get double fear to disrupt the fight.
- You are condi s/d and can apply aoe poison & bleed pressure

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

rotation questions

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Are you using SB off? If so, gank home (because rangers need 3v1 unless you have a good necro, and people aren’t normally smart enough to leave teammates to 1v1 them), then yell your teammates into mid once the ranger is dealt with. As in, get them off point the moment the ranger is dead.
Reassess once the point is full capped.