s/d thief. Infiltrator's strike bugged.

in PvP

Posted by: Jony.6815

Jony.6815

The title says it all. I play thief, and i don’t want to be forced to play a build based on a bug mechanic that i don’t enjoy playing but that is so good that must be played. So the bug itself is very well known by everyone already, the shadowstep after the infiltrator strike is supossed to be 1200 range, but it has literally no range, i have tried with a mesmer using his portal at max range and i was able to shadowstep back.

So is this skill supossed to be a self portal with no cd for thief that can use (and is stun breaker) for 15 seconds?

Not to mention the clear abuse some thiefs are doing on kyhlo where u can just use infiltrator strike from outside the clock tower to a marked target inside, then shadowstep outside and repeat. This issue needs serious fix.

Notice that i’m not talking about how cheap on initiative cost this ability is, wich may be another discussion, this is just a bug xploit.

in PvP

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

I think its fun to have an infiltrators strike on on a marked target on clock tower and if you now your maps there are other places on other maps you can do just the same… if they fix that, might as well fix the mesmer who can just do the same. In team fights its nice to use and as a thief you are very very squishi when you pop in there, a mesmer ccan port through the clock tower…should they fix that also then?…nah I think its a fun mechanic which brings unexpected situations and more variaty in PvP, let it be

in PvP

Jony.6815

what? mesmer can do what? blinks are different story, the thief already have the chance to do that, as every class with blinks does. The infiltrator strike is not supossed to be a blink but an attack.

let it be? because u enjoy bug xploiting? srry brah

in PvP

Posted by: Kitcat.1739

Kitcat.1739

I would consider the cost of not being able to use my favorite gap-closer to be be pretty high, actually.

“Premade”
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

in PvP

Darkdanjal.3401

what? mesmer can do what? blinks are different story, the thief already have the chance to do that, as every class with blinks does. The infiltrator strike is not supossed to be a blink but an attack.

How is the the blink different, as a mesmer who isnt nearly as squishi as a thief you just port instant to clocktower spot, a thief is squishi as hell while a mesmer can take damage and do a lot of damage while using the blink exploit, its the same to me, I think its fun and in tournies when I play with my guild we know something can come form a thief or mesmer…either you remove then both or just learn to live and play against it

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Did people start playing this game only yesterday?
How are you “forced to play a build based on a bug mechanic”. When S/P and S/D have existed since launch. What because of Flanking strike stealing 2 boons instead of removing 1? Get real hombre
Want more?
Inf strike to the trebuchet from the bottom of the treb. Simply go back and forth.
Inf strike from atop the henge on the left side behind pillar, break LoS everytime doesn’t require 1200 range.
Inf strike back and forth from behind that piece of shrapnel at Mine. Inf strike from the corner of the stairs at Keep break LoS everyday. Less than 1200 range. Though Inf strike to Clocktower is less than 1200 too mind you.
Inf strike from behind the rocks on bear to players in the middle.
Inf strike from under the bridge at alter to players on the point.
Inf strike from atop the temple upper layer.
Inf strike behind pillar at Gate.
Inf strike behind the fencing at waterfall and quarry. Inf strike from the upper levels down onto graveyard.
Inf strike + Shadowstep/Inf signet+Steal (maybe throw in a IA) to cross 1500-3900 units such as between graveyard to side points when there is an opponent on the point.
U mad brah?

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Jony.6815

How is the the blink different, as a mesmer who isnt nearly as squishi as a thief you just port instant to clocktower spot, a thief is squishi as hell while a mesmer can take damage and do a lot of damage while using the blink exploit, its the same to me, I think its fun and in tournies when I play with my guild we know something can come form a thief or mesmer…either you remove then both or just learn to live and play against it

It’s totally diferent. With a blink u come inside the fight with a cooldown cost, and you dont have the chance to instantly get off from it with an stun-breaker and repeat.
So get ur kitten right b4 calling l2p

in PvP

Darkdanjal.3401

It’s totally diferent. With a blink u come inside the fight with a cooldown cost, and you dont have the chance to instantly get off from it with an stun-breaker and repeat.
So get ur kitten right b4 calling l2p

Jezus dude a mesmer in phantasm does one hell of a lot more damage when he pops in, while a thief is probably using 33333333 and nothing more and escape, you get your own kitten right, just because a thief can escape again doesnt mean he can pop in and out every single time

The difference is a mesmer pops in and stays there where a thief needs to get out in team fights and in huge team fights probably needs to escape…get your own kitten right dude

in PvP

Jony.6815

mesmer in phantasm? im not arguing anymore with u.

in PvP

Jony.6815

Did people start playing this game only yesterday?
How are you “forced to play a build based on a bug mechanic”. When S/P and S/D have existed since launch. What because of Flanking strike stealing 2 boons instead of removing 1? Get real hombre
Want more?
Inf strike to the trebuchet from the bottom of the treb. Simply go back and forth.
Inf strike from atop the henge on the left side behind pillar, break LoS everytime doesn’t require 1200 range.
Inf strike back and forth from behind that piece of shrapnel at Mine. Inf strike from the corner of the stairs at Keep break LoS everyday. Less than 1200 range. Though Inf strike to Clocktower is less than 1200 too mind you.
Inf strike from behind the rocks on bear to players in the middle.
Inf strike from under the bridge at alter to players on the point.
Inf strike from atop the temple upper layer.
Inf strike behind pillar at Gate.
Inf strike behind the fencing at waterfall and quarry. Inf strike from the upper levels down onto graveyard.
Inf strike + Shadowstep/Inf signet+Steal (maybe throw in a IA) to cross 1500-3900 units such as between graveyard to side points when there is an opponent on the point.
U mad brah?

totally bugged mechanic so yeh

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I think its fun

Yes bugs can be fun to abuse, especially with how dry specs can be in this game.
I’m all for skill based builds that have entertaining mechanics.
But ones that are abusable enough to be uncounterable…
Nope.

Off the top of my head, make it line of sight and drop the range or cut the ability to use it while CC’d.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Off the top of my head, make it line of sight and drop the range or cut the ability to use it while CC’d.

I advice cutting yourself instead if you feel injustice, and leaving this fun mechanic to people who enjoy it at least since headstart.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

I advice cutting yourself instead if you feel injustice, and leaving this fun mechanic to people who enjoy it at least since headstart.

You aren’t taking into consideration people you are fighting against, as they surely do not enjoy someone with spammable mini portal. Game should be enjoyable for both sides, not only one.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

god are we seriously debating wether infinite range is too much or not…
Though its so fun atm trolling people with it

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

You aren’t taking into consideration people you are fighting against, as they surely do not enjoy someone with spammable mini portal. Game should be enjoyable for both sides, not only one.

If I’m not playing melee it’s of little consequence considering projectiles in this game heat-seak unless moving at a snails pace hardly care if you teleport and anything outside of that 1200 range means generally complete disengagement and time for CD’s to replenish.

The maximum range is obtuse, the practical range is about 1500.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Dagins.5163

Cool tricks like this only add flavour to the game. I know, getting outplayed isn’t the most pleasant experience, but it’s a part of PvP.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

He clearly is, at very least, mildly narcissistic; reason won’t change his stance.

in PvP

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

s/d is ridiculous right now, especially with jumper’s build

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Cool tricks like this only add flavour to the game. I know, getting outplayed isn’t the most pleasant experience, but it’s a part of PvP.

It isn’t really outplayed when you’re losing due to bugged mechanics. It is not fair, nor is it balanced. It’s not like asking it to have 1200 max range is a big deal considering it is probably an oversight from people not using it in unconventional ways.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

haha oh thank god, I thought you were going to mention the bug where you can disable the inf return proc and just blink around the map.

Neglekt

in PvP

Numot.3965

haha oh thank god, I thought you were going to mention the bug where you can disable the inf return proc and just blink around the map.

Ha! “Thieves need more mobility”
That’s pretty messed up though, back cap and gank like a boss.

in PvP

Dagins.5163

@Numot
If it was an unwanted, gamebreaking oversight, it would be patched some time ago, as it was reported multiple times already (like traps), and it’s very easy to fix.

First of all, to travel over 1200 range distance, you have to either use shadowstep, any sort of teleport, or waste your time and run (when somebody is beating on you with speed debuff). That means, you either lose health and time, or an ability with CD.

Second, it’s situational. When you are capping a point, you don’t necessary want to teleport a mile away. It’s a disengage, which just saves your butt and makes your opponent annoyed – this is probably the source or crying. So, you can move away and cap another node.

Anyway… it just saves some time – let it be not dying and waiting for respawn. Shadow Return will not instagib anybody, nor work like aegis. Just a useful trick, that a few good players know how to use correctly, like steal+C&D, or ShS+stomp.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Numot.3965

It may be low priority on the fix table because of its limited exportability but that doesn’t change the fact it should still be fixed.

Saying it should have been patched ages ago if it wasn’t intended doesn’t add anything to the argument, we still have bugs all the way from beta (we have less bugs than beta by quite a bit though). In a similar vein, lightning surge for elementalist had unlimited range for a few months, lol. Unless you’re coding for anet I wouldn’t assume something is an easy fix, sometimes even the simplest things get complicated.

in PvP

Posted by: ajmaresh.5430

ajmaresh.5430

i cant believe there are people here actually trying to defend and exploit lol