sPVP Matchmaking doesn't look at profession?

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Just got done playing a game where I was on a team with 3 engineers, next game me and 3 rangers. Of course the other team had a balanced set of professions because I have crap luck but that is neither here nor there.

My question is what is mm doing putting teams like this together?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I have a suspicion that they turned it off. I see 3 of a class frequently. Originally, it wasn’t supposed to even double on classes.

Matchmaking in general is completely broken right now. I think if someone looked it at, they’d realize it isn’t working well at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Yes, it does look at professions and tries to get a variety. However, it’s less important than other factors like rating and group size and not always possible. Engineer and Ranger are both dailies today, so expect a larger number of them.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

The match making in PvP in this game is pretty awful for a couple of reasons including:
- incredibly small population to create teams from
- doesn’t work very well with soloq players in the same pool with semi and full pre-made teams coordinating in voice comms
- not all classes are even remotely close to similar value/contribution (i.e. makes class mixing/diversity even more important as some classes are just straight up better than others). There was a time when the pvp class design was ‘holes in roles’ so that not any one class could do it all well and hence needed to work with the team to cover their weaknesses, but this philosophy seems to have been tossed aside.

To avoid the match making affecting you too much I suggest playing a class that doesn’t require coordination or team work to be effective. Hint: It’s d/d ele.

I’m pretty sure its not considering duplicate classes per team right now, so strap in for a night of garbage soloq folks!
http://i.imgur.com/z3WQEXj.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Yes, it does look at professions and tries to get a variety. However, it’s less important than other factors like rating and group size and not always possible. Engineer and Ranger are both dailies today, so expect a larger number of them.

I guess that makes a lot of sense… I wasn’t paying attention to it but I wish MM would at least say “Ok 2 engi’s here and 2 engi’s here” or something like that. Both games were pretty terrible blowouts.

I usually play as D/D or S/D ele. I’m not a noob but I also am not good enough to carry a team so I still have to pray to the m/m gods.